Priherd

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR
IMG_4207.jpg
Picked up my new 2020 JLUR a few days ago and I am now waiting on parts to start my build. This is my 4th Jeep, the other three were a 88 XJ 2dr, a 07 JK 2dr and a 17 JK 2dr. I installed a lift on the XJ back in the early 90s (the 2 JKs were lifted when I got them) but I'm thinking this install will be kind of new for me. I have watched a video of this lift being installed and feel confident that I can do the install. Also wanted to say I will be doing this install by myself. I have a couple floor jacks and 4 jack stands, a workshop with all the tools I need and the space to do the work. Since this is my daily driver, once I start taking it apart I have no other transportation so I'm hoping I don't end up needing to run out to the parts store. I will say I can call a friend that would lean a hand and also provide transportation if needed but I don't want to many hands spreading germs that's aren't mine. I do know my way around the underside of a jeep pretty good, (I've spent some quality time under mine) and a wrench fits my hand pretty good. So I was hoping if anyone out there might have any pointers they can give me? What to not do? What to look for? ETC...

I will also be installing a Hard Rock Patriot aluminum bumper, Warn EVO winch, 17x9 wheels with 35X12.5x17 Milestar Patagonias and a Teraflex Falcon Nexus 2.2 Steering Stablizer.

Any creative help or suggestions are welcome.... Thanks! Stay safe and positive out there!
Sponsored

ascuro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392, 1985 CJ7, 1975 CJ5
Make sure you do the rear bumpstop extensions very last, otherwise you'll have to remove them to torque down the upper control arms. Other than that, highly recommend some allen/hex sockets for both the front and rear bumpstops. All those bolts are extremely long since they only provide one length regardless of your bumpstop height.

Good collection of extensions and a universal drive will come in very handy too. If I remember correctly, the only sockets and wrenches you'll need are 18mm, 21mm, and 24mm. 22mm for the lug nuts of course. Finally a good, long torque wrench, especially for those front lowers to 190 ft/lb.

landshark99

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
IMG_4207.jpg
Picked up my new 2020 JLUR a few days ago and I am now waiting on parts to start my build. This is my 4th Jeep, the other three were a 88 XJ 2dr, a 07 JK 2dr and a 17 JK 2dr. I installed a lift on the XJ back in the early 90s (the 2 JKs were lifted when I got them) but I'm thinking this install will be kind of new for me. I have watched a video of this lift being installed and feel confident that I can do the install. Also wanted to say I will be doing this install by myself. I have a couple floor jacks and 4 jack stands, a workshop with all the tools I need and the space to do the work. Since this is my daily driver, once I start taking it apart I have no other transportation so I'm hoping I don't end up needing to run out to the parts store. I will say I can call a friend that would lean a hand and also provide transportation if needed but I don't want to many hands spreading germs that's aren't mine. I do know my way around the underside of a jeep pretty good, (I've spent some quality time under mine) and a wrench fits my hand pretty good. So I was hoping if anyone out there might have any pointers they can give me? What to not do? What to look for? ETC...

I will also be installing a Hard Rock Patriot aluminum bumper, Warn EVO winch, 17x9 wheels with 35X12.5x17 Milestar Patagonias and a Teraflex Falcon Nexus 2.2 Steering Stablizer.

Any creative help or suggestions are welcome.... Thanks! Stay safe and positive out there!
Sorry I cannot help you with any tips but I will tell you I love my Teraflex 2.5 St2 lift on my 19 JULR only difference is I want with the 3.3 shocks , I sure the install will go well. I have a Rock Hard 4x4™ Aluminum Patriot bumper as well, saves a bunch of weight

OP
OP
Priherd

Priherd

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR
Make sure you do the rear bumpstop extensions very last, otherwise you'll have to remove them to torque down the upper control arms. Other than that, highly recommend some allen/hex sockets for both the front and rear bumpstops. All those bolts are extremely long since they only provide one length regardless of your bumpstop height.

Good collection of extensions and a universal drive will come in very handy too. If I remember correctly, the only sockets and wrenches you'll need are 18mm, 21mm, and 24mm. 22mm for the lug nuts of course. Finally a good, long torque wrench, especially for those front lowers to 190 ft/lb.
Thanks for the info ascuro. I have the allen/hex head sockets, a long torque wrench and all the socket needed. I'll be sure to wait to install the rear bumpstops last. Appreciate you advice!

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Installed a complete Teraflex lift not long ago so can’t add much from what was already mentioned.

Are you installing the Teraflex rear track bar bracket as well? If so make sure you have the drill bits to do so. I picked up a cheap $15 step head drill bit from Harbor freight and made for easy work.

also make sure not to torque the arms down until the Jeep is on the ground on its own weight. And the front trackbar is much easier to line up on the ground as well.
Other than that it is a pretty straight forward lift, nothing you wouldn’t be able to do.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Priherd

Priherd

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR
Installed a complete Teraflex lift not long ago so can’t add much from what was already mentioned.

Are you installing the Teraflex rear track bar bracket as well? If so make sure you have the drill bits to do so. I picked up a cheap $15 step head drill bit from Harbor freight and made for easy work.

also make sure not to torque the arms down until the Jeep is on the ground on its own weight. And the front trackbar is much easier to line up on the ground as well.
Other than that it is a pretty straight forward lift, nothing you wouldn’t be able to do.
Thanks for the info. I'm keeping the stock track bars for now but will probably upgrade them later.

Shellbird01

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Shara Unlimited
Make sure you disconnect the clips on the harness to the fad on the front axle, I didn’t give it enough slack and now the service 4wd light is on

Shellbird01

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did anyone notice the stock rear sway bars are bent / offset but the teraflex ones are straight so they look wrong when installed!

OP
OP
Priherd

Priherd

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR
Install finished except for putting the 35in Patagonia MTs on, still waiting on lug nuts to come.... Here is a before and after picture with the stock 33s. I gained 3 inches on the front and 2.5 on the rear. I'm sure it will settle some. After the install and on the initial start up the Axle Locker Fault Indicator light was on. Anyone else have this happen? I received my Flash Cal late yesterday and haven't installed it yet so I'm hoping all I have to do is clear a code.

IMG_4266.jpg

IMG_4207 (2).jpg

Shellbird01

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Install finished except for putting the 35in Patagonia MTs on, still waiting on lug nuts to come.... Here is a before and after picture with the stock 33s. I gained 3 inches on the front and 2.5 on the rear. I'm sure it will settle some. After the install and on the initial start up the Axle Locker Fault Indicator light was on. Anyone else have this happen? I received my Flash Cal late yesterday and haven't installed it yet so I'm hoping all I have to do is clear a code.

IMG_4266.jpg

IMG_4207 (2).jpg

Sponsored

Shellbird01

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My service 4WD light came on and I’m still trouble shooting. I think it’s the FAD as I don’t have a front e- locker, did u notice the difference in the rear sway bars, the mop at being offset but the tear flex is straight

Shellbird01

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fyi those are sway bar links not say bars. As for them being straight, it's not an issue
Your correct, new Jeeper getting used to the lingo. It doesn’t feel right torquing that bearing / knuckle off square and expecting it to flex. But I’m new and just figuring things out. Thank you

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Your correct, new Jeeper getting used to the lingo. It doesn’t feel right torquing that bearing / knuckle off square and expecting it to flex. But I’m new and just figuring things out. Thank you
how much are you torquing them to?
Sponsored