Priherd

Priherd

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR
Yes, the stock rear sway bar link is offset and the Teraflex replacement isn't but I don't see a issue with that. However looking at your picture it looks like your rear sway bar link is installed upside down. According to the instructions, the stud end with the 6mm socket goes in the bottom on the axle and the end with the bolt and nut go to the top. (stock was opposite of that) If you look at my picture you will see that the top is further away from my wheel than yours is. And I know this looks funny, I actually called Teraflex to insure this was correct, the roost guards go backwards... According to Teraflex the roost guard is installed with the opening facing back which exposes the shock shaft. This is because the long end of the roost guard will make contact with reservoir if it is installed the other way. I can't tell which shocks you have but if they are the Falcon 3.3s or 3.1s (with reservoirs) you might want to turn them around.

IMG_4267.jpg

Shellbird01

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Shara Unlimited
Yes, the stock rear sway bar link is offset and the Teraflex replacement isn't but I don't see a issue with that. However looking at your picture it looks like your rear sway bar link is installed upside down. According to the instructions, the stud end with the 6mm socket goes in the bottom on the axle and the end with the bolt and nut go to the top. (stock was opposite of that) If you look at my picture you will see that the top is further away from my wheel than yours is. And I know this looks funny, I actually called Teraflex to insure this was correct, the roost guards go backwards... According to Teraflex the roost guard is installed with the opening facing back which exposes the shock shaft. This is because the long end of the roost guard will make contact with reservoir if it is installed the other way. I can't tell which shocks you have but if they are the Falcon 3.3s or 3.1s (with reservoirs) you might want to turn them around.

IMG_4267.jpg
Right I even knew they should go 180 I think I was beat by the end of the install. I did it correctly on the front ha. I’ll switch them. Thank you

Sponsored

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase

IMG_4267.jpg
I was just about to post this info as I was reading through but looks like you beat me to it. :like:

Shellbird01

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Shara Unlimited
did you disconnect the plug from the FAD when you did the install?
no I stretched the heck of it tho. I thought about testing the connections to see if the plug was still getting power but I’m not sure how. Total newbie

OP
OP
Priherd

Priherd

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR
I've only got 370 miles on my Rubicon, hope I don't have to take it to the dealer. Has anyone else had this light (Axle Locker Fault Indicator) come on immediately after installing a lift. Wasn't on before and it came on as soon as I started it after the install? I did disconnect the connector from the FAD before lowering the axle and I did extend the wires by carefully cutting the zip tie that held the extra length of wire before reconnecting the FAD. On my first and only drive after the install I engaged the lockers and I couldn't get the front locker to engage. The rear engaged not problem.

Last edited:

Sponsored

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Yeah, Me too! I've only got 370 miles on my Rubicon, hope I don't have to take it to the dealer. Has anyone else had this light (Axle Locker Fault Indicator) come on immediately after installing a lift. Wasn't on before and it came on as soon as I started it after the install?
so I'm gussing you didn't disconnect the plug for the locker? I think i read that you can get a complete replacement. Or maybe see if one of the pins pull out and see if it just needs pushed back in.

OP
OP
Priherd

Priherd

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR
No, I disconnected the connector before lowering the axle. Absolutely no stress was placed on the wire or connector.

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
no I stretched the heck of it tho. I thought about testing the connections to see if the plug was still getting power but I’m not sure how. Total newbie
Yikes... thats probably not good... have you tried unplugging and plugging it back in?
you can try and do a continuity check with a multimeter.
Yeah, Me too! I've only got 370 miles on my Rubicon, hope I don't have to take it to the dealer. Has anyone else had this light (Axle Locker Fault Indicator) come on immediately after installing a lift. Wasn't on before and it came on as soon as I started it after the install? I did disconnect the connector from the FAD before lowering the axle and I did extend the wires by carefully cutting the zip tie that held the extra length of wire before reconnecting the FAD. On my first and only drive after the install I engaged the lockers and I couldn't get the front locker to engage. The rear engaged not problem.
I didn’t have any problems or codes come up after install. did you make sure everything is plug in. Unplug and plug back in just to make sure everything is seated correctly.
Sponsored