Sponsored

Installing 2.5 Tera Flex spacer lift (how big a tire can I get)

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Soon (within days), I'll be installing a 2.5 spacer lift. After the lift how large of a tire can I go on the stock 17s?
Sponsored

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
I think 35s on a 2.5" lifted non-JLUR. 37s on a 2.5" lifted JLUR.

I may be wrong tho...

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I think 35s on a 2.5" lifted non-JLUR. 37s on a 2.5" lifted JLUR.

I may be wrong tho...
Yeah that's what I was told but wanted to get some second opinions. Also how wide without wheel spacers. Mine is a JLU.

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
Soon (within days), I'll be installing a 2.5 spacer lift. After the lift how large of a tire can I go on the stock 17s?
Be sure and check the recommended wheel/rim width for the tire you choose. Most 35” and 37” tires call for a minimum wheel width of 8.5”. The stock Rubicon wheel is only 7.5” wide.

Can you still mount a tire that calls for a minimum wheel width of 8.5” on a 7.5 width wheel? Yes! Will it work? Yes! Will you void the tire warranty? Depends on who you speak with. You have to ask yourself... “Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?”

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I guess I feel lucky. Wheel widths are merely recommendations, and a narrower wheel will only hold a bead at lower pressures better. Plus the factory alloys are probably the lightest wheel you're gonna find and that's easier on axleshafts.

OP, you could do 37's with proper bumpstopping, but I'm sure you'd need wheel spacers. The Rubi can get away with 1.5" spacers but Sports and Saharas probably need 2"

Not really sure why people are opposed to spacers (unless you have concerns about scrub radius), on a lightweight vehicle like the JL they don't worry me and I've been running 'em on my '07 F150 4x4 for over a year, too. On my SuperDuty which I work hard in both payload and trailer weight, they'd give me pause.

38x13.50 Pats with 1.5" wheel spacers, no complaints, works fine for me

IMG_20190817_150251194.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
My opposition to the spacers is because I'm not a fan of the tires sticking out past the fenders, and I'm not a fan of the after market fenders. So I'm looking to go as close to the edge of the fenders without sticking out. I

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
I guess I feel lucky. Wheel widths are merely recommendations, and a narrower wheel will only hold a bead at lower pressures better. Plus the factory alloys are probably the lightest wheel you're gonna find and that's easier on axleshafts.

OP, you could do 37's with proper bumpstopping, but I'm sure you'd need wheel spacers. The Rubi can get away with 1.5" spacers but Sports and Saharas probably need 2"

Not really sure why people are opposed to spacers (unless you have concerns about scrub radius), on a lightweight vehicle like the JL they don't worry me and I've been running 'em on my '07 F150 4x4 for over a year, too. On my SuperDuty which I work hard in both payload and trailer weight, they'd give me pause.

38x13.50 Pats with 1.5" wheel spacers, no complaints, works fine for me

IMG_20190817_150251194.jpg
Looks awesome!

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
My opposition to the spacers is because I'm not a fan of the tires sticking out past the fenders, and I'm not a fan of the after market fenders. So I'm looking to go as close to the edge of the fenders without sticking out. I
295 tire is about as wide you can go without inner rubbing on stock wheels.
Sponsored