Sponsored

Installer says these will fit, wheel manufacturer says they won't

Archeonomy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vanderhall
Looking at KM720 Roswells for my 2021 Sport S,

The local wheel co. is an authorized dealer for KMC and says these will fit.

The KMC website says they won't (but I also not the KMC website has the wrong specs listed for the OEM wheel size, calling it 17 x 7 instead of the correct 17 x 7.5).

Here are the two Roswell options available:

Jeep Wrangler JL Installer says these will fit, wheel manufacturer says they won't Roswell Sizes

So, will they fit?

Thx in advance -

Jeep Wrangler JL Installer says these will fit, wheel manufacturer says they won't KM720 Roswell
Sponsored

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Looking at KM720 Roswells for my 2021 Sport S,

The local wheel co. is an authorized dealer for KMC and says these will fit.

The KMC website says they won't (but I also not the KMC website has the wrong specs listed for the OEM wheel size, calling it 17 x 7 instead of the correct 17 x 7.5).

Here are the two Roswell options available:

Jeep Wrangler JL Installer says these will fit, wheel manufacturer says they won't KM720 Roswell

So, will they fit?

Thx in advance -

I'm know the 4.75" BS wheels will fit, but I'm not sure how the deeper BS will work with any kind of lift. It might hit the control arm.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
They both will fit, the one w/ the 18mm offset also has the Jeep 71.5mm hubcentric bore (which is the same as the factory wheels). Like Shawn mentioned, the 0 offset wheel (less backspacing) will allow a bit more room for the suspension to flex, so if you plan a lift that should work out a bit better.

FWIW I run a wheel right between those two, a 17x8.5 +10 on 295/70/17s and haven't had any issues.

Cavs42

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The manufacturer probably says that because they will not tuck under the factory wheel wells, and therefore doesn't "fit"

OP
OP
Archeonomy

Archeonomy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vanderhall
Well, we're going to find out. I ordered one of these and will have it mounted see how it is in action. If it works I'll get 4 more, if not I'll eat one wheel and move on to plan B.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The manufacturer probably says that because they will not tuck under the factory wheel wells, and therefore doesn't "fit"
Kinda like all those parts that say "offroad use only" just some CYA at it's best :(
Well, we're going to find out. I ordered one of these and will have it mounted see how it is in action. If it works I'll get 4 more, if not I'll eat one wheel and move on to plan B.
You'll be fine! Which one did you get?

OP
OP
Archeonomy

Archeonomy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vanderhall
Kinda like all those parts that say "offroad use only" just some CYA at it's best :(

You'll be fine! Which one did you get?
Black Roswell with the 18mm offset. I am not planning a lift, and wanted the more flush fitment. I'm optimistic it's going to be good.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Black Roswell with the 18mm offset. I am not planning a lift, and wanted the more flush fitment. I'm optimistic it's going to be good.
You'll like that fit, especially w/ stock height, also having that 71.5mm bore is a good plus!

OP
OP
Archeonomy

Archeonomy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vanderhall
Just FYI - KMC has updated their website and now shows these fitting, as well as adding them to their 'visualizer':

Jeep Wrangler JL Installer says these will fit, wheel manufacturer says they won't Roswell Visualizer

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
OP
OP
Archeonomy

Archeonomy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vanderhall
It's pretty good. Sorta unique too, no one else around here seems to have anything like them on a Jeep. I do think they need silver lugs though, we're going for retro/utilitarian, not 'murdered out'.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Wheel style choices are so weird to me. They look like $70 black steelies, old school and utilitarian. Since they are made by KMC they are $200. To each his own, but I’m not spending good money on cheap looking wheels. Of course we still rock the stock wheels with 37x12.50’s even though the internet says you can’t.

OP
OP
Archeonomy

Archeonomy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vanderhall
Wheel style choices are so weird to me. They look like $70 black steelies, old school and utilitarian. Since they are made by KMC they are $200. To each his own, but I’m not spending good money on cheap looking wheels. Of course we still rock the stock wheels with 37x12.50’s even though the internet says you can’t.
Agreed. I can't explain it, but I've always been drawn to this sort of look. One of the other ones i considered were the Gladiator spare wheels which are by definition as utilitarian and cheap looking as you can get. While mine was being installed at the shop there was another black Jeep there getting some giant metallic red Black Rhinos put on that looked like clown shoes to me, but indeed to each his own.