Installed XRC front bumper. Steel bumper LED's don't fit

mschlott

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, 2019 JLUR
I just installed a Smittybilt XRC Gen 2 bumper. There is no way for the LED's from my steel bumper to work in the XRC. Any ideas? Anyone have a set of LEDs from a plastic bumper with the wiring harness that they would like to sell?
wmmwLYv-MAxs-TJpkpjXAzMbP0ccPytJ96du17Try4KL4lOjmEXKVkmjhOfd0GyOBW7ilkooluzW9aWhzX9=w959-h467-no.jpg
Sponsored

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab (Black on Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Ughhh. I though it was confirmed that they do work. About to pull the trigger on these next week.
Give SB a call. Maybe there is a newer bracket that was included in the one you got.

OP
OP
mschlott

mschlott

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ughhh. I though it was confirmed that they do work. About to pull the trigger on these next week.
Give SB a call. Maybe there is a newer bracket that was included in the one you got.
They do seem to work with the LEDs that come with the plastic bumper. The LEDs that come with the Steel bumper have plastic ears that come off the top and bottom that hit the bumper and prevent installation. Mine did not come with an install manual. I just found it on line, so I'll take another look. https://www.quadratec.com/sites/default/files/installation_instructions/77807 - XRC Front INST_ 8.29.18.pdf

Plastic bumper LED.
https://www.moparparts.co/oem-parts...0PXVubGltaXRlZC1ydWJpY29uJmU9My02bC12Ni1nYXM=

Steel Bumper LED
https://www.moparparts.co/oem-parts...0PXVubGltaXRlZC1ydWJpY29uJmU9My02bC12Ni1nYXM=

Last edited:

Fouts

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon Unlimited
I am in the process of installing a JCR bumper and in their install video they say if you have a steel bumper just leave the lights in the bumper. The bumper is worth more with the lights in and they are difficult to modify. They said you can buy the stock or similar to stock fogs for Quadratek.

OP
OP
mschlott

mschlott

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is a photo of the hole in the bumper where the light would mount. The curved plate at my knuckle is where the factory LEDs would mount. Can anyone recommend a good LED that would fit closer to the front on this bumper?

5Cv0Gt14CHIIAB6oxr-6-ZmJs7sBZh_IyOhL-SJPdjTov-eRdq9XlFbYM0WNkEeC6sUkm6sopGZczUYuaE=w525-h1080-no.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
mschlott

mschlott

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Fouts

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon Unlimited
Not really sure about the Oracle, just posted as an option. I have the plastic bumper and will be transferring directly to my new bumper. If it were me I would probably go the least expensive route. Any light that will fit the stock plastic bumper should fit your bumper without much modification. JCR says I will have to drill out the mounting holes.

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I am likely to go with these (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B015X1EW3G) and sell my LEDs with the bumper after I do my install in a couple of weeks.

It looks like I misread the post from the Gen 2 XRC thread. The steel bumper LEDs do not work in this bumper.

Fouts

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon Unlimited
I put a set of those on my jk a couple of years ago and worked great. Be careful with the lens, they seem to scratch pretty easy.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mschlott

mschlott

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am likely to go with these (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B015X1EW3G) and sell my LEDs with the bumper after I do my install in a couple of weeks.

It looks like I misread the post from the Gen 2 XRC thread. The steel bumper LEDs do not work in this bumper.
What do you plan to do about wiring? If I wen't that route, I'd want to get a pigtail that plugged into the factory harness.

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What do you plan to do about wiring? If I wen't that route, I'd want to get a pigtail that plugged into the factory harness.
From what I understand from others, this is a direct replacement for OEM LED fogs. Unplug OEM LED fogs and plus these in.

CUOFFRD

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have a set of OEM LED fog lights out of the plastic bumper I’d sell. I do not however have the wiring. Just PM me if interested.
Sponsored