Installed WARN Power Interrupt Kit - A few notes

missionale

First Name
Jeepie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
For peace of mind, I decided to install this. I read up on other installs, decided not to go direct to battery, and got some good ideas.

First what do you get for $80-$100 depending on where you purchase it – you get this:
Jeep Wrangler JL Installed WARN Power Interrupt Kit - A few notes Kit Contents

I used my Aux Switch (simple hookup to Aux2) so didn’t use the switch and associated wire harnesses. I went with the Strong Tie 24Z Bracket, not the smaller 23 which had been recommended.
Jeep Wrangler JL Installed WARN Power Interrupt Kit - A few notes Bracket-24Z
The 24Z is a perfect fit and the right strength to never have to worry about it. It slips between the Fender and Chassis and allows the Solenoid mounting a large enough surface. On the 23 Bracket, the ends of the Solenoid mounts were protruding past the ends of the Bracket. I then drilled the holes for the Solenoid and Bracket mounting and painted it with this product:
Jeep Wrangler JL Installed WARN Power Interrupt Kit - A few notes Paint

Great coverage after 4 coats and a little extra protection. After that made up my Ground Strap Harness
Jeep Wrangler JL Installed WARN Power Interrupt Kit - A few notes Ground Wire
and connected it to a chassis ground stud available right at the Bracket location. Then added a wire loom to the provided positive harness.
Jeep Wrangler JL Installed WARN Power Interrupt Kit - A few notes Power Cable

After that I drilled 23/64” holes for M6 Inserts, painted the holes for protection, installed the Inserts
Jeep Wrangler JL Installed WARN Power Interrupt Kit - A few notes Insert

and then bolted everything up - used blue Loctite on fasteners-
Jeep Wrangler JL Installed WARN Power Interrupt Kit - A few notes Bracket Instl 2

(Do not forget to slip on the Terminal Boots) Installation came out good and is very sturdy.
Jeep Wrangler JL Installed WARN Power Interrupt Kit - A few notes Install Complete
Sponsored

Last edited:

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
Looks good. I just did that and I am running it off aux 3 and mounted the driving lights relay to the bracket as well.

Sponsored

InVinoVeritasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLU Willys and JLU Rubicon
I want to copy this bracket installation. Looks excellent. i would like to buy a box of nutserts. Can anyone recommend a set or what type/metal to buy?

OP
OP
missionale

missionale

First Name
Jeepie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
I want to copy this bracket installation. Looks excellent. i would like to buy a box of nutserts. Can anyone recommend a set or what type/metal to buy?
Amazon - VIGRUE 205PCS 304 Stainless Steel Rivet Nut Assort Set Flat Head Threaded Rivetnut Insert Nutserts Assortment Kit(M3| M4| M5| M6| M8| M10)
and
AIUITIO 16”Hand Rivet Nut Tool, Professional Rivet Nut Setter Kit with 15PCS Metric & Inch Mandrels,150PCS Rivet Nuts

falcon241073

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Amazon - VIGRUE 205PCS 304 Stainless Steel Rivet Nut Assort Set Flat Head Threaded Rivetnut Insert Nutserts Assortment Kit(M3| M4| M5| M6| M8| M10)
and
AIUITIO 16”Hand Rivet Nut Tool, Professional Rivet Nut Setter Kit with 15PCS Metric & Inch Mandrels,150PCS Rivet Nuts

VIGRUE 205PCS 304 Stainless Steel Rivet Nut Assort Set Flat Head Threaded Rivetnut Insert Nutserts Assortment Kit(M3| M4| M5| M6| M8| M10) https://a.co/d/f1COrbY

Limited-time deal: AIUITIO 16”Hand Rivet Nut Tool, Professional Rivet Nut Setter Kit with 15PCS Metric & Inch Mandrels,150PCS Rivet Nuts and Carrying Case for Entry Level and Professional Use https://a.co/d/824X93y

jlandry287

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Diesel
I've been looking for a way to install my power-interrupt kit, and think this might be the way I go.

Question:
VIGRUE 205PCS 304 Stainless Steel Rivet Nut Assort Set Flat Head Threaded Rivetnut Insert Nutserts Assortment Kit(M3| M4| M5| M6| M8| M10) https://a.co/d/f1COrbY

Limited-time deal: AIUITIO 16”Hand Rivet Nut Tool, Professional Rivet Nut Setter Kit with 15PCS Metric & Inch Mandrels,150PCS Rivet Nuts and Carrying Case for Entry Level and Professional Use https://a.co/d/824X93y
I don't have this rivet gun, I just have one from Harbor Freight (https://www.harborfreight.com/13-in-heavy-duty-professional-hand-riveter-58018.html). I've only ever used a rivet gun for one previous job so I'm not super familiar with the capabilities.

Could the gun I have be used in place of the one you linked?

Sponsored

falcon241073

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I've been looking for a way to install my power-interrupt kit, and think this might be the way I go.

Question:

I don't have this rivet gun, I just have one from Harbor Freight (https://www.harborfreight.com/13-in-heavy-duty-professional-hand-riveter-58018.html). I've only ever used a rivet gun for one previous job so I'm not super familiar with the capabilities.

Looks like the one you posted is for standard rivets. The one I posted is for Rivet nuts. Like in this pic
Jeep Wrangler JL Installed WARN Power Interrupt Kit - A few notes 2E2C1D8C-3344-4231-8DB7-27F1EB624BF3

jlandry287

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Diesel
Looks like the one you posted is for standard rivets. The one I posted is for Rivet nuts. Like in this pic
Jeep Wrangler JL Installed WARN Power Interrupt Kit - A few notes 2E2C1D8C-3344-4231-8DB7-27F1EB624BF3
that’s what I figured, but figured I’d ask before I buy another riveter. I appreciate your reply!

OP
OP
missionale

missionale

First Name
Jeepie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU

Question:

you're referencing a rivet gun - not a threaded insert tool - I wouldn't recommend rivets but that's up to you.

Tr4ckD4ys

First Name
Tr4ck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Out of curiosity (I have no clue about this stuff) - what purpose does a power interruptor kit serve in the Wrangler? When or in what situation does one need this?

jlandry287

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Diesel
you're referencing a rivet gun - not a threaded insert tool - I wouldn't recommend rivets but that's up to you.
I like the idea of being able to remove the assembly, just in case. I’ll be taking your route.

I bought the rivet gun when I installed my bolt hood lock and think that may be the only and last use I’ll get out of it
Sponsored