Sponsored

Installed the Mopar fuel filler door on my Sport S!

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
It was pretty easy. Just remove the cap in the truck, remove the white bolt, then pop the light out. Then take the gas cap off then pull the fuel door off. Then do everything in reverse and install it back. It comes with photo instructions. It tells you a 10mm socket but the little jeep kit that comes with your truck has a star bit in it that works. Got a little dark so if you want a better photo, just ask and I'll do one during the day.

41BAFFA2-FD4E-49B5-A9DA-D8A1583B6921.jpeg

6E7F8D1E-6C8D-470B-BE57-743B683C3A94.jpeg

CC293F3C-A0BB-4186-9959-7322A61296F3.jpeg

EE877325-349E-497D-8065-BAA612216EE5.jpeg
Sponsored

MD Jeep

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S JLU - Sting Gray
Looks nice! That’s a metal door, right? Thanks for posting.

OP
OP
Izzy901

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
Looks nice! That’s a metal door, right? Thanks for posting.
Not sure if it's all metal. It's the one from the official Mopar catalog so I'm guessing the same one that comes on the Rubicon?

Does it lock?
No it doesn't. This is just the standard door that comes on the Rubicon. What is the benefit of it being lockable?

Sponsored

iflyimpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Volkswagen Tiguan 2.0T, JLU Sport S
Nice! Thinking of doing this to my Sport S as well. Could you provide a link to where you ordered it? Thanks!

OP
OP
Izzy901

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
Nice! Thinking of doing this to my Sport S as well. Could you provide a link to where you ordered it? Thanks!
I got it from my local dealer. Check online for a mopar 15 percent off coupon. That’s what I did.

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Encourage you to do a Google search. Just search Wrangler fuel door and up will pop all kinds of vendors selling the Mopar and a whole bunch of aftermarket fuel doors. Aftermarket fuels doors run about $23.00 when Mopar fuel doors go for over $100.00. Aftermarket doors install the same and come in all kinds of looks. Actually, many are way nicer then the Mopar fuel door.

Amazon.com is a good place to shop for Wrangler goodies and to read reviews on the part. IF you have Prime shipping you can offer fair very well price wise.

zhilbert

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Encourage you to do a Google search. Just search Wrangler fuel door and up will pop all kinds of vendors selling the Mopar and a whole bunch of aftermarket fuel doors. Aftermarket fuels doors run about $23.00 when Mopar fuel doors go for over $100.00. Aftermarket doors install the same and come in all kinds of looks. Actually, many are way nicer then the Mopar fuel door.

Amazon.com is a good place to shop for Wrangler goodies and to read reviews on the part. IF you have Prime shipping you can offer fair very well price wise.
Do the aftermarket fuel doors designed for JK fit the JL? I was under the impression that they didn't. I just ordered the Mopar satin chrome fuel door from my dealership. I spent more than I wanted to on it (even with a 15% off coupon) but I couldn't really find any other JL fuel doors for sale on the net (except for the other Mopar one.)

Anyway, I'll send pics once I get the satin chrome fuel door on. The part should be ready to pick up tomorrow.

Last edited:

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Do the aftermarket fuel doors designed for JK fit the JK? I was under the impression that they didn't. I just ordered the Mopar satin chrome fuel door from my dealership. I spent more than I wanted to on it (even with a 15% off coupon) but I couldn't really find any other JL fuel doors for sale on the net (except for the other Mopar one.)

Anyway, I'll send pics once I get the satin chrome fuel door on. The part should be ready to pick up tomorrow.
Zac, I have been told the aftermarket JK door will fit the JL. Again, I have been told this but have not verified it for myself. Hopefully, someone will chime in and say they actually did the install of an aftermarket JK fuel filler door on a JL.

Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU

Does this mean anyone can just yank out your fuel door?
I suppose they could pry it off with a screwdriver and mess up the sheetmetal and paint as well. But why stop there. Next they will take your battery, LED headlamps, LED fog lamps, high line fenders. Maybe they will want your steel bumpers too.

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
I suppose they could pry it off with a screwdriver and mess up the sheetmetal and paint as well. But why stop there. Next they will take your battery, LED headlamps, LED fog lamps, high line fenders. Maybe they will want your steel bumpers too.
i ask this because in the video it’s only being held in place by tabs so calm down. Everything else you mentioned takes more effort than a simple yank

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
i ask this because in the video it’s only being held in place by tabs so calm down. Everything else you mentioned takes more effort than a simple yank
I understand your concern. I am serious about the LEDs. I think those will become a hot commodity and maybe the fenders also.

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
I understand your concern. I am serious about the LEDs. I think those will become a hot commodity and maybe the fenders also.
Agree. I was thinking the same thing. :(

zhilbert

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I was tempted to by a JK door to see if it fit, but returning my Mopar door would have meant a 20% restocking fee. Also, I liked the way this one looks with the Jeep logo and embossed Jeep on the inside better than any of the aftermarket JK doors I came across.
IMG_20180218_134441.jpg
IMG_20180218_134429.jpg
Sponsored