Installed the 9" Kiwi Master LED Headlights today

slick

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford harley jeep
didn't need them for the Kiwi Master headlights or the LED fog light bulbs as they were plug and play with no issues.....but the OEM LED turn signals will need the Tazer, so I'm waiting for that to come today before I start the install of my fender lights/turn signals.

scanning the web right now for best way to install....trying to do it without removing the fender and just removing the fender liner
wow that's the first time I have heard someone say the led headlights will just work.
man thats awesome.
At some point I will do fenders also for now I just tinted the lens to dark it out some.
well I guess I have no reason not too buy the headlights now lol
Sponsored

slick

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford harley jeep
didn't need them for the Kiwi Master headlights or the LED fog light bulbs as they were plug and play with no issues.....but the OEM LED turn signals will need the Tazer, so I'm waiting for that to come today before I start the install of my fender lights/turn signals.

scanning the web right now for best way to install....trying to do it without removing the fender and just removing the fender liner
I have watched few videos also on the fenders it just seems much easier to pull it off and do it that way.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

wow that's the first time I have heard someone say the led headlights will just work.
man thats awesome.
Aftermarket headlights for the JL are generally plug-and-play. It's the OEM LED headlights that require a programmer to get working.

slick

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford harley jeep
Aftermarket headlights for the JL are generally plug-and-play. It's the OEM LED headlights that require a programmer to get working.
I did not know that thx.

Sponsored

DamnLed

First Name
Damian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Finished up final phase of the front end LED conversion!!

installed some OEM LED DRL’s and added some clear corners last night...
Jeep Wrangler JL Installed the 9" Kiwi Master LED Headlights today CBFE6B4C-2D6A-41B5-AC19-DC352CF9F888
Jeep Wrangler JL Installed the 9" Kiwi Master LED Headlights today CBFE6B4C-2D6A-41B5-AC19-DC352CF9F888
Wow, conversion turned out amazing!!
How do you like the Kiwi’s at night? Do you have a picture driving with them on?
Debating on them or the Oracles!

OP
OP
SoCal

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
Wow, conversion turned out amazing!!
How do you like the Kiwi’s at night? Do you have a picture driving with them on?
Debating on them or the Oracles!
love them...so far so good!

they work great at night even though I set them to aim lower to avoid people flashing me.

love how bright the halo's are in daylight, match up very well with the OEM fender lights.

considering I did the whole front end for $130 less than just a set of Oracles headlights, I would def recommend the Kiwi's

Jeep Wrangler JL Installed the 9" Kiwi Master LED Headlights today 44F1E73F-3D24-44E3-8A0C-96864F74A479

DamnLed

First Name
Damian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
love them...so far so good!

they work great at night even though I set them to aim lower to avoid people flashing me.

love how bright the halo's are in daylight, match up very well with the OEM fender lights.

considering I did the whole front end for $130 less than just a set of Oracles headlights, I would def recommend the Kiwi's

Jeep Wrangler JL Installed the 9" Kiwi Master LED Headlights today 44F1E73F-3D24-44E3-8A0C-96864F74A479
Might have me sold... How hard was the fender light install?

OP
OP
SoCal

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
was the hardest part, but not as bad as I thought it would be....if I knew the trick to unplugging the wire harness it would have been much easier. I had to call the guy I bought the lights from to figure it out...lol

I did it without taking the fender off and didn't even need to take out the fender liner, just took out the three screws and the popped out the plastic rivets with nylon pry tool I got at harbor freight for like $6 and just pushed it down out of the way enough to get to the plug....wish I made a video cuz there really isn't any good ones on YouTube that cover the important steps....just remember to organize even rivet and screw you take out to make it easier when you put it back together.

well worth the work though.....such a better looking front end now

DamnLed

First Name
Damian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was the hardest part, but not as bad as I thought it would be....if I knew the trick to unplugging the wire harness it would have been much easier. I had to call the guy I bought the lights from to figure it out...lol

I did it without taking the fender off and didn't even need to take out the fender liner, just took out the three screws and the popped out the plastic rivets with nylon pry tool I got at harbor freight for like $6 and just pushed it down out of the way enough to get to the plug....wish I made a video cuz there really isn't any good ones on YouTube that cover the important steps....just remember to organize even rivet and screw you take out to make it easier when you put it back together.

well worth the work though.....such a better looking front end now
Looks like you will have to redo the install and record it for us!!

Looks sharp!
Sponsored