Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
So, I did this. This afternoon came home a little early and since it is the only afternoon/evening this week I have any free time, I decided to install my Teraflex Alpine IR front adjustable track bar and my Falcon Nexus EF 2.2 steering stabilizer. I have never experienced and wobble, loose steering or wandering at all. My steering was kinda' tight.

However, with only 400 miles on the Jeep I wanted to make sure I never did develop the wobble/loose/wandering so I went this way. Overly cautious? Yes. But I will tell you up front that these replacements are FAR AND AWAY heavier and more robust than what the factory/dealer V41 recall had on my Jeep.

The track bar is H E A V Y. Probably twice as heavy as OEM. The steering stabilizer is nice and it is adjustable.

I watched the Teraflex install videos a couple of times until I felt comfortable putting these on myself. I have never done any of my own suspension work.

It was a lot harder than shown in the videos, but with that being said I got both put on, torqued down and a test ride in all in less than 2 hours.

I measured the distance from frame to wheel as they outline online and I am 1" off. I will need to adjust it when I have some more free time.

So, I really like these parts, they seem of very high quality, they aren't that hard to put on and they drive really well.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Chipe

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, and my steering wheel is a little off as well, but we'll see how that goes once I adjust. I had to order a 1 3/8 wrench 'cause that's what you need to do the adjustment, and one of my sons took all my larger crescents!!

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Did the track bar come with the jam nut pretorqued, and that's why you couldn't adjust the length to match the original before install?

OP
OP
Chipe

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Did the track bar come with the jam nut pretorqued, and that's why you couldn't adjust the length to match the original before install?
Yes, exactly. I had to loosen the jam nut in order to get the correct length to match the OEM, which was 33 5/8"

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, exactly. I had to loosen the jam nut in order to get the correct length to match the OEM, which was 33 5/8"
Hopefully, that wrench shows up quick and you can dial her in. Otherwise, I'll have a perfect excuse to jump the LI Sound to bring you mine.

Sponsored

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
So, I did this. This afternoon came home a little early and since it is the only afternoon/evening this week I have any free time, I decided to install my Teraflex Alpine IR front adjustable track bar and my Falcon Nexus EF 2.2 steering stabilizer. I have never experienced and wobble, loose steering or wandering at all. My steering was kinda' tight.

However, with only 400 miles on the Jeep I wanted to make sure I never did develop the wobble/loose/wandering so I went this way. Overly cautious? Yes. But I will tell you up front that these replacements are FAR AND AWAY heavier and more robust than what the factory/dealer V41 recall had on my Jeep.

The track bar is H E A V Y. Probably twice as heavy as OEM. The steering stabilizer is nice and it is adjustable.

I watched the Teraflex install videos a couple of times until I felt comfortable putting these on myself. I have never done any of my own suspension work.

It was a lot harder than shown in the videos, but with that being said I got both put on, torqued down and a test ride in all in less than 2 hours.

I measured the distance from frame to wheel as they outline online and I am 1" off. I will need to adjust it when I have some more free time.

So, I really like these parts, they seem of very high quality, they aren't that hard to put on and they drive really well.
As they say, "one thing leads to another". Here is something to think about and it's seldom mentioned. Rock Krawler( I think) mentioned that adding HD track bars and drag links puts all the stress now on the track bar mount and steering box. Those factory weight bars use to be the weak link and bend. Not good but your were likely to still be able to drive your rig. Unlike a catastrophic frame mount or steering box failure. I was concerned because I'm adding 37" tires also. I found Synergy has addressed this...
https://www.synergymfg.com/synergy-jeep-jl-jt-front-track-bar-and-sector-shaft-brace.html
$180 from Northridge but there is a 30 day delay when I ordered.

OP
OP
Chipe

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
As they say, "one thing leads to another". Here is something to think about and it's seldom mentioned. Rock Krawler( I think) mentioned that adding HD track bars and drag links puts all the stress now on the track bar mount and steering box. Those factory weight bars use to be the weak link and bend. Not good but your were likely to still be able to drive your rig. Unlike a catastrophic frame mount or steering box failure. I was concerned because I'm adding 37" tires also. I found Synergy has addressed this...
https://www.synergymfg.com/synergy-jeep-jl-jt-front-track-bar-and-sector-shaft-brace.html
$180 from Northridge but there is a 30 day delay when I ordered.
I haven't done the drag link.......yet. But when I do I will get this as well. Thanks for the heads up!

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
OP
OP
Chipe

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
No Rusty's does not support/brace the steering box sector shaft, a weak part of the steering box.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Chipe

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
No Rusty's does not support/brace the steering box sector shaft, a weak part of the steering box.
Ok, I will go with the Synergy one then. Where did you see it for 180? I only see it for 200 on Northridge. And thank you so much for all of the help! Since I'm gonna' be under there I'm thinking about doing the Steer Smarts Yeti XD Draglink Assembly, bottom mount since I only have the Mopar 2" lift which won't take top mount, and also the Yeti Steer Smarts XD Tie Rod Assembly at the same time, with the Synergy brace. I'll probably throw a steering damper bracket on there as well. What's another $96 at that point? LOL.

OP
OP
Chipe

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Northridge has JLwranglerforum discount. I like the Synergy drag link, tie-rods. Much cheaper replacement ends, they are wear items.
Do you feel the Synergy are the same quality as the Steer Smarts?

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Oh, and my steering wheel is a little off as well, but we'll see how that goes once I adjust. I had to order a 1 3/8 wrench 'cause that's what you need to do the adjustment, and one of my sons took all my larger crescents!!
I think he means his axels are off not his wheel

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Do you feel the Synergy are the same quality as the Steer Smarts?
How much of a discount? I’ve spent over 6K with Northridge over the past two months and didn’t even think to check, what a dumb ass I am!!!

OP
OP
Chipe

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
How much of a discount? I’ve spent over 6K with Northridge over the past two months and didn’t even think to check, what a dumb ass I am!!!
I'm pretty sure it's 10%. They are good folk, call them and tell them your a member and just learned of the discount. I'm sure they'd do something for you.
Sponsored