Installed - Teraflex Adjustable Mount with Mopar Reinforcement Kit

kdags

First Name
ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S JL
Just finished up installing the Teraflex adjustable tire mount along with the Mopar reinforcement kit. Took about 2 hours cuz had to run to store to get a damn T8 bit but otherwise no problems. Have Fuel Vectors with 35 Nitto Grappler G2s. From the middle setting, fits nice and snug to the tailgate and has about 1 1/2" clearance from the bumper. Really like the 3rd brake light placement and very similar viewing area from the camera.

IMG_2944.jpg

IMG_2950.jpg

IMG_2949.jpg

IMG_2947.jpg

IMG_2945.jpg
Sponsored

angustx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Just finished up installing the Teraflex adjustable tire mount along with the Mopar reinforcement kit. Took about 2 hours cuz had to run to store to get a damn T8 bit but otherwise no problems. Have Fuel Vectors with 35 Nitto Grappler G2s. From the middle setting, fits nice and snug to the tailgate and has about 1 1/2" clearance from the bumper. Really like the 3rd brake light placement and very similar viewing area from the camera.

IMG_2944.jpg

IMG_2950.jpg

IMG_2949.jpg

IMG_2947.jpg

IMG_2945.jpg

IMG_2944.jpg

IMG_2950.jpg

IMG_2949.jpg

IMG_2947.jpg

IMG_2945.jpg
I did the exact same with 37 inch Nitto Ridge Grapplers on Fuel Vapors and love the carrier. It is really solid.

trailchaser

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
I did the exact same with 37 inch Nitto Ridge Grapplers on Fuel Vapors and love the carrier. It is really solid.
How’s the reinforcement kit holding up? Do you wheel it at all?

lots of ppl seem to be complaining about rattling and issues.

angustx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
How’s the reinforcement kit holding up? Do you wheel it at all?

lots of ppl seem to be complaining about rattling and issues.

It is holding up perfectly. I do a trails and feel a lot better about it than any relocation bracket. If I were doing it now, I would likely look at a reenforcement with hinge support just because it seems like a smart move. That said, I have seen nothing to make me want to swap out reenforcement nor am I in any way nervous about my tailgate or spare.

trailchaser

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
It is holding up perfectly. I do a trails and feel a lot better about it than any relocation bracket. If I were doing it now, I would likely look at a reenforcement with hinge support just because it seems like a smart move. That said, I have seen nothing to make me want to swap out reenforcement nor am I in any way nervous about my tailgate or spare.
Nice! A lot of ppl say it rattles