Sponsored

Installed Rubicon 2-door springs on Sport 2-Door 1+ in lift

wyatt209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Thought I share my experience with installing 2 door Rubicon spring on a 2 door sport. After adding rock sliders, a steel front bumper and winch my front end of my 2019 JL Sport 2 door sagged a little over 1/2 inch. So I have been wanting to gain that back but didn't just want a spacer and was looking for coil springs that would do 1+ inches to gain my travel back also. So what I have found is that a that springs on a 2 door Rubicon with a hard top, steel bumpers and the tow package will yield such result on a 2 door with a soft top and tow package. I swapped out the springs and added the fox shocks since I had it up in the air and the result gave me just over 1 inch of lift. The 2 door Rubicon springs are actually about an inch taller than the stock sport springs. Measured from the center of the axle to fender, before was approx 21.5 and now is approx 22.8 passenger side front.

I think it came out perfect for what I needed. 31 inch tires look perfect and I think 32 inch tires would look good also.

So here's what I have

Fox 2.0 shocks
LOD stubby bumper
WARN 8000 winch
Patriot Sliders

Rubicon with Steel Bumper, Hard Top and Tow package springs PNs per VIN:
68249113AA rear left
68249114AA rear Right
68250231AC front Left
68250232AC front Right

First photo is before and 2nd is after lift

eLHpJm2IQCGrc%SbYzTXPA.jpg

DQ6%rFfGQTSUFSFRX2xqUg.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

9SecVmax

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Jeep
Thought I share my experience with installing 2 door Rubicon spring on a 2 door sport. After adding rock sliders, a steel front bumper and winch my front end of my 2019 JL Sport 2 door sagged a little over 1/2 inch. So I have been wanting to gain that back but didn't just want a spacer and was looking for coil springs that would do 1+ inches to gain my travel back also. So what I have found is that a that springs on a 2 door Rubicon with a hard top, steel bumpers and the tow package will yield such result on a 2 door with a soft top and tow package. I swapped out the springs and added the fox shocks since I had it up in the air and the result gave me just over 1 inch of lift. The 2 door Rubicon springs are actually about an inch taller than the stock sport springs. Measured from the center of the axle to fender, before was approx 21.5 and now is approx 22.8 passenger side front.

I think it came out perfect for what I needed. 31 inch tires look perfect and I think 32 inch tires would look good also.

So here's what I have

Fox 2.0 shocks
LOD stubby bumper
WARN 8000 winch
Patriot Sliders

Rubicon with Steel Bumper, Hard Top and Tow package springs PNs per VIN:
68249113AA rear left
68249114AA rear Right
68250231AC front Left
68250232AC front Right

First photo is before and 2nd is after lift

eLHpJm2IQCGrc%SbYzTXPA.jpg

DQ6%rFfGQTSUFSFRX2xqUg.jpg
Hi,

What were your stock spring part numbers? I also have a JL Sport S 2-Door.

I have 9110AA 9111AA Rear L/R

I have 0228AD on Front L&R

Seems the series part numbers are difference from 2 door to 4 door. I'm going to install 60/61 and 91/92 off of a JLUR 4Dr tomorrow. this Jeep had heavy bumpers/hard top/towing. Should raise it quite a bit.

Thanks!

MikeinDelaware

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport Turbo
Build Thread
Link
looks good! how does it ride? Do you have to swap the shocks too, or was that just a preference?

I have a 2dr sport and am gonna buy JLUR springs off my buddy who has steel bumper/soft top/towing package. I'm thinking that should give me a little lift. I don't wanna go extreme. (whenever his JLUR gets delivered....still waiting). and he is gonna sell me his wheels/tires.

OP
OP
wyatt209

wyatt209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Hi,

What were your stock spring part numbers? I also have a JL Sport S 2-Door.

I have 9110AA 9111AA Rear L/R

I have 0228AD on Front L&R

Seems the series part numbers are difference from 2 door to 4 door. I'm going to install 60/61 and 91/92 off of a JLUR 4Dr tomorrow. this Jeep had heavy bumpers/hard top/towing. Should raise it quite a bit.

Thanks!
I don't recall the PNs for the 2dr sport springs and I already tossed them but the 2dr Rubicon springs were just at 1 inch taller than the 2dr sport springs. From what Ive been told the 4dr Rubicon springs will raise a 2dr sport about 2.5 inches. I got a tad over 1 inch with 2dr Rubicon springs.

fullsizeoutput_335.jpeg

OP
OP
wyatt209

wyatt209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
looks good! how does it ride? Do you have to swap the shocks too, or was that just a preference?

I have a 2dr sport and am gonna buy JLUR springs off my buddy who has steel bumper/soft top/towing package. I'm thinking that should give me a little lift. I don't wanna go extreme. (whenever his JLUR gets delivered....still waiting). and he is gonna sell me his wheels/tires.
It rides like factory. Probably could have used the stock shocks but went with the FOX 2.0 for a 0 to 1.5 inch lift. The Rubicon shocks should work also. The FOX shocks smooth out the washboard's great. I don't do any technical rock crawling mostly set this up to drive roads out in Colorado like the trails and passes around Ouray, Alpine Loop stuff and driving fast on the back country roads in MN, light trail I guess. It sure is fun.

Sponsored

9SecVmax

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Jeep
I installed my springs yesterday. I have a Sport S 2-Door with Towing and hard top. I installed springs from a JLUR with towing/hardtop/steel bumper. These are the heaviest springs for an OEM Jeep. I measured before and after. Multiple times. 1.75" lift front and 1.5" in the rear. this is after driving it 50 miles after it all settled. This is the way this damn Jeep should have come from the factory. Its perfect for me. Handles like a goKart.

I have Rubicon shocks. However, I want something more aggressive. Any recommendations? In my day, it was always Rancho. Way more players now. I want to mount the shocks inverted

OP
OP
wyatt209

wyatt209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I installed my springs yesterday. I have a Sport S 2-Door with Towing and hard top. I installed springs from a JLUR with towing/hardtop/steel bumper. These are the heaviest springs for an OEM Jeep. I measured before and after. Multiple times. 1.75" lift front and 1.5" in the rear. this is after driving it 50 miles after it all settled. This is the way this damn Jeep should have come from the factory. Its perfect for me. Handles like a goKart.

I have Rubicon shocks. However, I want something more aggressive. Any recommendations? In my day, it was always Rancho. Way more players now. I want to mount the shocks inverted
I like the FOX 2.0 I have used them a few times and I like the way they ride.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
This is weird. I also got springs from a rubi with steel, hardtop and tow package. BUT the number on the back is 1 higher than yours. maybe your rubi was actually a soft top?
Sponsored