Installed: Rancho 2" Sport System for Rubicon

GhostDivers

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp, 2014 X5 35d, 2020 JLR 6sp
Hey @RanchoShocks , if you don't mind, I'd like to hit you with some more questions:
  • What is the estimated lift front and rear (realizing that will vary based on model and accessory weight, I have a soft top JLUR)?
  • Will both the passenger and drivers sides be raised equal amounts, that is, if it's say 2", will both sides be equal so the Jeep will sit level...I'd like to get rid of the passenger lean...
I'm sure I'll have more questions and appreciate you making the time to help.

RanchoShocks

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gorancho.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
See below in BOLD.

Hey @RanchoShocks , if you don't mind, I'd like to hit you with some more questions:
  • What is the estimated lift front and rear (realizing that will vary based on model and accessory weight, I have a soft top JLUR)? A little over 2" up front, a tad under it out back.
  • Will both the passenger and drivers sides be raised equal amounts, that is, if it's say 2", will both sides be equal so the Jeep will sit level...I'd like to get rid of the passenger lean... We designed corner specific coils to get a "level" look. That being said (as you mentioned) every Jeep is unique. :)
I'm sure I'll have more questions and appreciate you making the time to help. Ask away here or via a PM.

ERIXJLUR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Crystal Rubicon 2.0L (ordered on 2/12 received on 9/26)
Hello @RanchoShocks

I have a JLUR 2.0

Do you have 2.0 specific kits?

I’m looking for a 2” lift. Also, is there a way to get the grey/silver 9000 shocks that I’ve seen?

RanchoShocks

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gorancho.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU

Sponsored

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I have put on four of these lifts on JLURs. They work great. We all run the 9000 series adjustable shocks and love them. All for of us wheel together. Between us there is about 30,000 miles of zero problems. And we do wheel them. With two of us doing the lift in the drive way, we are able to put the lift on a JLUR in just under 4 hours. I think the most time consuming thing is jacking the Jeep up onto Jack Stands and pulling the tires off. If you do put this lift on spring for the 9000 shocks. We set them soft for the street and the Jeeps ride better than alot of passenger cars, then turn them up for the trail so they don't bottom out when racing across the dunes or dropping off rock ledges.

Pics for effect...

Bill flexing just outside of Nemos Tunnel in Tn
RkASsflYSF0kGObm-UUrTH2kyD1RLTsJQ-XHpTJxVbLvKVbfAC6LrWwkb8qr_0Md2iLTqqHkBhsVyUbTx40=w426-h757-no.jpg

Trail 22 at Windrock
Rt4nSlVZ3iaflPK7_d96-rlPn9B2VhcbjpYDHSftZsz5SArqWDDyHxJwD3cmwnqQ94P4_E2rcN7ayGqlFE=w1346-h757-no.jpg

my wife climbing rocks on Drummond Island for the badge of trail honor.

Amanda
iQQ3yOhXKmEDXcZuN6ej6qVqYH5IODDWA6KeUscQp5tV6hiM-Jx4ezcnSOBdR5yDkmIbnmda&_nc_ht=scontent.fdet1-1.jpg

YmTZJILbNTmEGnQ8MrH_os0sTRgxWj-FGZsJ_lYLDIIDE9E4fDiAO4aQaX5gEz4OO7cSpgQFuKt2hVOyoQ=w1346-h757-no.jpg

RanchoShocks

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gorancho.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Check our website out
www.gorancho.com
O the left side is look up and will pull up shops around you.
Most shops should not have any issue wit this install, if they follow the instructions.
Thanks Matt
Do have a list of any shops in NJ that are experienced at installing Rancho lifts?

RanchoShocks

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gorancho.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
A few upgrades that often occur at the time of this install
Geometry Correction brackets
Front HD track bar

Those are the "main" upgrades that are pretty common.
Thanks Matt

Just curious if any of you have done any other suspension component upgrades at this point besides this lift?

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Just curious if any of you have done any other suspension component upgrades at this point besides this lift?
I have not as it rides and drives very nice. I just got back from a 3500 mile road trip out wheeling in Colorado and Moab Utah. There was three JLs that are all set up with the Rancho lift. Two of us pulled small campers.

0bHrOJ7-85M5loEaF5ae-JOlyLWytRo5Q3nIcsXKzJafuw5jj3boqRIigvEgA2BKUpT8n0xvSUlI_ljz6I=w1010-h757-no.jpg

E0HbCH6_Bb0IfybSwIhymfRx3nEj99Lv_NMdaxMZWvmIWnhxIFGb3xVEFcm70pRdL_RMqhNWSUegegszcQ=w1010-h757-no.jpg

RanchoShocks

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gorancho.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Should have a 2 door VERY soon. Thanks for all the 2 door patience!

@RanchoShocks Is the 2" Sport compatible with a 2 door Rubicon?
Did you pull the trailers down Black Bear?!!?
;) LOL

I have not as it rides and drives very nice. I just got back from a 3500 mile road trip out wheeling in Colorado and Moab Utah. There was three JLs that are all set up with the Rancho lift. Two of us pulled small campers.

0bHrOJ7-85M5loEaF5ae-JOlyLWytRo5Q3nIcsXKzJafuw5jj3boqRIigvEgA2BKUpT8n0xvSUlI_ljz6I=w1010-h757-no.jpg

E0HbCH6_Bb0IfybSwIhymfRx3nEj99Lv_NMdaxMZWvmIWnhxIFGb3xVEFcm70pRdL_RMqhNWSUegegszcQ=w1010-h757-no.jpg
Sponsored

Reactions: apb