First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
@RubenZ - im trying to wire the accessory lights and flash the turn signals when locking.. any thoughts?
someone a few pages back here used a relay tied into the hazard lights to flash.
Sponsored

ParkerP2

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport
I can’t seem to locate mopar part (68282954AA), is there another part?

OP
OP
RubenZ

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

stevenbro09

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 TJ and 2018 JL unlimited
How about the tailgate has anyone got it wired into the power locks?

Jason Oliver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport; 2014 Grand Cherokee Ltd
Has anyone added any lock/unlock switch(es) inside to this installation? And if so, would you share details?

On a similar thread https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/2018-jl-sport-power-door-locks.6346/page-4 post #59 has a picture of shop installation. I could not find a switch like that. And I am not sure how it would be wired in. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it as I am getting the parts to tackle this project on my Sport.

JeepTaylor

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Thanks to Corona, I am finally starting this project. How did everyone connect their alarm system to the battery? Did you go through the fuse box? Any pictures would be appreciated.

OP
OP
RubenZ

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
Thanks to Corona, I am finally starting this project. How did everyone connect their alarm system to the battery? Did you go through the fuse box? Any pictures would be appreciated.
Taylor. I ran it direct to battery. It needs to be constant 12v source.

Sponsored

911JL

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Granite, V6
Alright, Finally getting around to this. Here's my issue: Is the actuator inside the latch? I have everything installed exactly as RuebenZ listed. but the Latches aren't actuating. I have 12v to latch thru both wires on keypad press.

OP
OP
RubenZ

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
Alright, Finally getting around to this. Here's my issue: Is the actuator inside the latch? I have everything installed exactly as RuebenZ listed. but the Latches aren't actuating. I have 12v to latch thru both wires on keypad press.
Jay, sorry I thought had replied to this post. Yes the actuator if you bought the parts i listed or their updated version is all built in. Also to get them working you need to tie them into the Relays because they dont operate on a + and - in the traditional sense. It’s like power gets sent to the lock and then ground to unlock and then when you unlock power also gets sent to unlock and negative to lock. So it reverses via the relay.

MC3311

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Tried to order parts today fromm all mopar parts, they say the driver door actuator contains hazardous materials that wont allow them to ship to my address. Damn california and their crazy laws, wonder what the hazardous substance could be.

This was from all mopar parts "This part contains hazardous materials. Extra shipping costs apply." but when i go to checkout it wont let me even order.

OP
OP
RubenZ

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
Tried to order parts today fromm all mopar parts, they say the driver door actuator contains hazardous materials that wont allow them to ship to my address. Damn california and their crazy laws, wonder what the hazardous substance could be.

This was from all mopar parts "This part contains hazardous materials. Extra shipping costs apply." but when i go to checkout it wont let me even order.
Screw California. A f'king SHOVEL I saw at home depot had that message. Like really! I bet its the GREASE that the actuators have on the moving parts. Or the Plastics.

MC3311

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Screw California. A f'king SHOVEL I saw at home depot had that message. Like really! I bet its the GREASE that the actuators have on the moving parts. Or the Plastics.
Yep, agreed 100%
Sponsored