Installed Power Door Locks to my JL Sport

k1hog

First Name
Johnnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Please advise what is Wiring Jumper Part Number: 68351170AA?

Thanks
Sponsored

Riley__welch

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Denver, CO / Hermosa Beach, CA / Lexington, KY
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
I just bought a 2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport yesterday and I saw this thread and had a couple questions. I don’t have the time or ability to do this myself and was wondering if anyone had any idea how much this would cost approx to have professionally done? Also, does installing power locks void any part of the warranty that comes on the car? Thank you!

JeeL

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Frequent lurker here, got a 18 JL with manual locks and it drives me crazy! have been studying up on this post but seems a little bit too complicated, going to have a buddy help me install this who works on stereos. Before i go this route and try my chances on this install, i seen this company A1 Electric auto accessories sells a kit for the JL but instead of 4 latches there is 2 after market actuators for the fronts and 2 factory latches for the rears. Has anyone tried that kit? i'll attach a link below any feedback would be great, thanks guy and Jeep On!

https://www.a1electric.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AEOS&Product_Code=JE-JL-LK4

OP
OP
RubenZ

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Frequent lurker here, got a 18 JL with manual locks and it drives me crazy! have been studying up on this post but seems a little bit too complicated, going to have a buddy help me install this who works on stereos. Before i go this route and try my chances on this install, i seen this company A1 Electric auto accessories sells a kit for the JL but instead of 4 latches there is 2 after market actuators for the fronts and 2 factory latches for the rears. Has anyone tried that kit? i'll attach a link below any feedback would be great, thanks guy and Jeep On!

https://www.a1electric.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AEOS&Product_Code=JE-JL-LK4
The work putting that kit and what I did is going to be the same amount of work. The only difference is for some odd reason they chose to do some cheap 3rd party lock actuators for 2 doors and factory ones for the other. Not sure why, the actual OEM actuators are not that expensive. I'd rather have all OEM lock actuators. The benefit to that kit is at least the wiring is done a little neater and all done for you. In fact I think hey could make some good money if they just sold the wiring for the locks to those like me who did it with OEM.

Heynowwww

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Sport
The work putting that kit and what I did is going to be the same amount of work. The only difference is for some odd reason they chose to do some cheap 3rd party lock actuators for 2 doors and factory ones for the other. Not sure why, the actual OEM actuators are not that expensive. I'd rather have all OEM lock actuators. The benefit to that kit is at least the wiring is done a little neater and all done for you. In fact I think hey could make some good money if they just sold the wiring for the locks to those like me who did it with OEM.

I agree. In my opinion go OEM. It’s not hard to do it just takes time. Sounds like your buddy is more than qualified to help you.

Sponsored

k1hog

First Name
Johnnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
I agree tottaly with RubenZ, With the OEM actuators as cheap as they are, a kit with out them, would be the way to go. MHO

toogq4u2000

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
I just bought a 2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport yesterday and I saw this thread and had a couple questions. I don’t have the time or ability to do this myself and was wondering if anyone had any idea how much this would cost approx to have professionally done? Also, does installing power locks void any part of the warranty that comes on the car? Thank you!
Where do you live
where do you live? If you live close enough I could install it for you.

k1hog

First Name
Johnnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Any one have a picture of the:

Wiring Jumper Part Number: 68351170AA

Please post same!

Thanks

Sponsored

k1hog

First Name
Johnnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
I received Wiring Jumper Part Number: 68351170AA to day, below is the picture.
This this correct?
68251170AA.jpg

OP
OP
RubenZ

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
yep. looks about right.

So basically the only reason you need those is because the version without power locks has the holes where the PINS for a power lock vehicle would normally go Plugged up.. So you have no way of installing PINS with the new wires for the power lock actuator. So basically you plug that in like you normally would and only this time splice in the wires for the lock and unlock into the correct pin slots that I showed in the wiring diagram.

johnnyjl

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport
Hey guys. Having trouble with the tailgate. I did pull out the actuator that came in the Jeep and replaced it with part #68282968AA. I have the fatter plug that was mentioned previously. Has anybody successfully wired up the tailgate yet? I’m gonna need some more details.
Thanks

40E9C013-0C2E-4FAB-935B-F1AFE165E732.jpeg

onesight1

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2010 Genesis Coupe RSPEC, K7 GSXR, B2 Bandit
wow, definitely going to do this. THANK YOU!
Sponsored