First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Glad to see so many of you carry the torch and improve on what I had done. Some of you guys should start charging!!
Sponsored

KJL

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JL
I finally got Oem door locks and a remote start as listed above. I have a problem as i paid a audio shop to do all the work cost me about 1400 dollars as they had to go back in and install a Oem harness because they said the harness on my drivers door did not have the removable plugs so I ordered one that had everything on it 68299333AG for my 2022 2 door jl sport. They added the first tech drone Blade AL bypass module. Everything seems to work from remote start and i can unlock both doors to get in driver first as it has priority and then passengers and I have the swing gate on the trunk release to unlock. But the swing gate will lock with the lock button pressed. Problem is when locked and not remote started I can unlock one or both doors with compustar fob or phone app, but when I open the door the headlights and tails I believe come on for about 30 seconds. I do have the headlight off delay to zero in touch screen settings. There is also another setting called: Headlight illumination on Approach/Illuminated Approach. My jeep doesn't have that in the settings menu but the audio shop is telling me that my jeep is seeing that feature now since they added door locks, that there remote system is talking to the can bus. They did not use any T harness and everything is a pinned connection in the harnesses and connected to added I think 2 wires at the footwells coming out on the jeep side to Compustar. Any other connections soldered. Once I get in if I press lock on the fob everything will lock and lights will go out or I can leave it unlocked and the lights time out. IF i get in and the engine is on I can lock the doors but I can not unlock the passenger side if it is running in park or if in gear will not unlock the passenger side, only will do that from a remote start mode or if setting off and locked. If I leave the doors unlocked and remote start the headlights come on briefly , hazards flash horn honks, the engine starts then it locks the doors, but will die if you open the door before it locks. Should really lock first before it starts but does not. When i go to unlock after this it will unlock either the drivers door first or the passengers. Then if I open the driver door and shut it off, leave the doors unlocked again and remote start it will then do the same things but when you use the compustar fob again to unlock it will unlock the opposite door from last time. It goes back and forth between which door is first only from an unlocked situation. Ive ordered some led taillights so Im going to see if they work or if I need a taser or dealer flash. My question is what do you think? Is the Jeep thinking I have power locks now and telling itself when not remote started that it has the unlock approach setting active even though its not in the menu? Or is something wired up wrong on the installers side? And they said they thought they could fix the passenger door to unlock by installing another relay? They said they couldn't guarantee it would fix that. What do you all think? any ideas as I really like these guys as they did a great job not tearing our jeep up installing, but maybe there is something wired wrong? It was my understanding that a remote start keyless entry would be entirely separate from the BCM but maybe not the Can Bus? Sometimes when I get in from a non remote start when the headlights come on like I explained I will get a message on the dash that says "KEY FOB NOT DETECTED" and thats after I get in of course if I push the start button fast, maybe that it has to time out for about 3 seconds, but never from the remote start mode with both doors locked. Do you think the second door not functioning properly may be causing some of this? Im confused but overall if you leave the doors locked all the time it will work pretty much like it should beside the non remote start with doors unlocked.

Last edited:

KJL

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JL
Did anyone have a issue with their headlights and tail lights coming on when they unlock any of their doors? Anyone ?

KJL

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JL
Ok, today went back to the installers shop and checked programming and i think it was a misunderstanding on the drivers door priority and having both doors wired to unlock with the fob so they had to wire the passenger door back to the remote start module and I had them to change some door settings to both unlock then second the trunk too, also still have the trunk unlock feature too. We could not get the headlights to stay off when you first unlock the doors and then open they come on still for 30 seconds unless you get in and lock the doors or switch the headlights on and back off. Its not a bad thing but i think I am going to go the Scan route and see if I can adjust that. Overall Im happy with the shop and end results. It would have been nice if my jeep would have had more than 5 wires in the doors so thats why I went this route.

botlfed98

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler
has anyone attempted to install doors w/power locks & windows on a manual base model?

Sponsored

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution

patsfan5433

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Ok here are the part numbers I got online for power actuators for a 2 door and the gate latch
Front door left 68456863AA
Front door right 68282954AB
Swing Gate 68282968AB
Here is the Idatastart system, adapter harness, key fobs and optional Firstech drone for smart phone operation, but I will leave that off.
794ADSHCX iDatastart CMHCXA0 HC Remote Starter, Harness Sold Separately
794THRCH12 iDatastart ADS-THR-CH12 T-Harness for iDatastart HC
794X1MAX Firstech DRONE X1-MAX-LTE Smartphone Interface for iDatastart
794RF2352A iDatastart RF2352AC RF Kit 5-Button/2-Way Remotes w/Antenna
Mopar jumper connectors 68351170AA and some wire, pin connectors and weather proof connectors for connection in kick panel for quick disconnect to take off doors.
Do I need anything else?

Anyone who has done this that can add to or suggest a better parts list will be much appreciated,
Thanks in advance !

I used a vin number off of a 2023 wrangler sport s to get the latch part numbers
have you had any luck? Ive install new oem actuators and oem door harness's. trying to wrap my brain around setting up the jumpers. I've also installed the Idatastart harness and remote start. Any help you can share? TIA

KJL

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JL
have you had any luck? Ive install new oem actuators and oem door harness's. trying to wrap my brain around setting up the jumpers. I've also installed the Idatastart harness and remote start. Any help you can share? TIA
Jay, I ended up taking my jeep to a local audio shop. We did order and use the OEM door latches. on my jeep we used one wire jumper and i believe it was for the passenger side. But on the drivers side it was different than the earlier model years so I had to order the door wiring harness for the drivers side. So if you ordered the actual door harnesses for both sides you should not even need the wire jumpers at all. If I had to do it over I would have ordered the wiring harness for the passenger side too. The audio shop talked me into a Compustar 2 way remote start system. They did not use a T harness but did connect into the can bus system. Beware I have a few bugs since this is not connected directly like a OEM remote start to the BCM. If you read my earlier post 227 and 229 you should understand what I ran into. I have what I need to connect to the Jscan app and hopefully be able to turn off the headlights coming on upon approach. One thing if I get in and lock the doors with the Compustar fob I usually will get Keyfob not detected message, but if I start the jeep first and then lock the doors all is good. I think this is because it was setup to be locked with the fob from being out of the vehicle. That and if I unlock any door without it being remote started the headlights and taillights come on for 30 seconds, so that is what i hope when I get to it that I can use the Jscan app and a bluetooth OBD reader and adapter harness to go in and turn that off.
Good luck and wish i could be more fo a help.

patsfan5433

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Willys

KJL

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JL

Sponsored

KJL

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JL
I know the compustar has a system that works like proximity without having it oem in the doors.

OP
OP
RubenZ

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
I know the compustar has a system that works like proximity without having it oem in the doors.
Hey KJL,

Did you ever get it to work. Just coming back to my old thread to say that I will keep my site up with the power door lock install. Its a little dated now and I think people have made improvements. .

Link is in my signature below.

dbmet

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I'm using the Compustar system on a 2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport with the Proximity Compustar Pro R5 Remote. I only have the Front Doors wired up with oem latches.

I will probably work on the Rear Doors if I can figure out the wiring after Christmas.

I bought the Compustar FT-DC3-LC along with the Pro R5 Remote and the ANT-2WSF Antenna kit.
I did go ahead and order the T13 Pro remote after making sure the Pro R5 remote worked since it was cheaper.

Hey KJL,

Did you ever get it to work. Just coming back to my old thread to say that I will keep my site up with the power door lock install. Its a little dated now and I think people have made improvements. .

Link is in my signature below.
Sponsored