hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, first post here after buying a 2016 75th Anniversary Edition Sahara.

Can someone confirm that this part number, 68231956AA, is for the right side JK fog light bracket? The MOPAR sites diagram looks like a completely different part. Attached is the MOPAR part and my broken fog light bracket.

Thank you!!!

MOPAR part.PNG

broken bracket.jpg
May want to try the JK Forum.
Sponsored

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 1998 TJ Sport 2011 Extreme Camper
Occupation
HR Manager
Just a heads-up!! I ordered a Rubicon steel bumper for our Sahara. I was "supposed" to bolt right up with no other parts needed. Because it was a new JL aftermarket production part from MoPar, it took forever to get it and I'd kind of lost interest as the original bumper worked fine with my fire department lights......but I gave my word and I honored it with the dealer. The bumper finally came in and the dealer mounted it this morning.

Here's what we learned;
  • a) the bumper bolts right up - no problem at all
  • b) the original Sahara LED fog lights work perfectly in the Rubicon steel bumper (moderator edit: although there are others that say an adapter bracket is needed - see post #33)
  • c) the skid plate and air dam between the bumper and grill (from the Sahara with a plastic bumper) will NOT work, you have to order a new, steel skid plate and air dam for a Rubicon
  • d) The changeover took twice as long as the dealer work sheet said......though it was their first such effort so I assume there will be an improved learning curve.
Benson Jeep (Greenville SC) took very good care of me and we worked out a mutually agreeable deal to get the rest of the parts and finish the job. It's GOOD to do business with a good dealer!

IMG_1158.JPG

IMG_1159.JPG

IMG_1160.JPG
I did the same. I knew about the skid plate but what is this air dam you speak of?

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Just a heads-up!! I ordered a Rubicon steel bumper for our Sahara. I was "supposed" to bolt right up with no other parts needed. Because it was a new JL aftermarket production part from MoPar, it took forever to get it and I'd kind of lost interest as the original bumper worked fine with my fire department lights......but I gave my word and I honored it with the dealer. The bumper finally came in and the dealer mounted it this morning.

Here's what we learned;
  • a) the bumper bolts right up - no problem at all
  • b) the original Sahara LED fog lights work perfectly in the Rubicon steel bumper (moderator edit: although there are others that say an adapter bracket is needed - see post #33)
  • c) the skid plate and air dam between the bumper and grill (from the Sahara with a plastic bumper) will NOT work, you have to order a new, steel skid plate and air dam for a Rubicon
  • d) The changeover took twice as long as the dealer work sheet said......though it was their first such effort so I assume there will be an improved learning curve.
Benson Jeep (Greenville SC) took very good care of me and we worked out a mutually agreeable deal to get the rest of the parts and finish the job. It's GOOD to do business with a good dealer!

IMG_1158.JPG

IMG_1159.JPG

IMG_1160.JPG
How did you go about getting the hood

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 1998 TJ Sport 2011 Extreme Camper
Occupation
HR Manager
How did you go about getting the hood
You can order the Mopar Rubicon hood from Mopar. The best prices for Mopar I have found is allmoparparts.com

Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Just picked up a Rubicon steel bumper to replace my Sahara plastic. Came with the skid plate, brackets, and LED dogs (from the Rubi). I understand I'll only need the wiring harness from my Sahara, right?

Also, I drove 4hrs round trip to get it (killer deal) and he forgot to give me the Rubicon air dam. I do not plan to have a winch for a while. How important is the air dam? Worth another 4 hr round trip?

6th Floor Mule

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 6MT
Just picked up a Rubicon steel bumper to replace my Sahara plastic. Came with the skid plate, brackets, and LED dogs (from the Rubi). I understand I'll only need the wiring harness from my Sahara, right?

Also, I drove 4hrs round trip to get it (killer deal) and he forgot to give me the Rubicon air dam. I do not plan to have a winch for a while. How important is the air dam? Worth another 4 hr round trip?
If you are referring to the close out panel (6BU43RXFAC), it’s $27 new + tax & shipping, so probably not worth the time and/or gas. Assuming you already have LED’s, just connect and go. If not, there are several threads on here explaining what you’ll need to do to get them to work. Also, be sure to gather all the necessary bolts & rivnuts, etc., before you start taking things apart so you don’t get stuck in the middle of the project. Good luck and congrats on your purchase!

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

If you have any questions DM me. I converted on my sport. As mentioned, make sure to grab 4 rivnuts for skid plate brackets.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

If you are referring to the close out panel (6BU43RXFAC), it’s $27 new + tax & shipping, so probably not worth the time and/or gas. Assuming you already have LED’s, just connect and go. If not, there are several threads on here explaining what you’ll need to do to get them to work. Also, be sure to gather all the necessary bolts & rivnuts, etc., before you start taking things apart so you don’t get stuck in the middle of the project. Good luck and congrats on your purchase!
Thanks - yes, the close-out panel is what I'm missing. Not sure what its function is but it definitely seems optional. And yeah, I have LED fogs on my Sahara, so should be good there.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

If you have any questions DM me. I converted on my sport. As mentioned, make sure to grab 4 rivnuts for skid plate brackets.
Will do! Where did you grab the rivnuts (the seller mentioned it) - can you get those at Home Depot/Lowes, or do I need to go to the dealer?

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Will do! Where did you grab the rivnuts (the seller mentioned it) - can you get those at Home Depot/Lowes, or do I need to go to the dealer?
Dealer May have them. I needed all hardware and ordered through Benny @AllMoparParts.com on here.
this list is old but part numbers same with maybe last letter changed.

Jeep Wrangler JL Installed Mopar Rubicon Steel Bumper on a Sahara. Here's what we learned 79083DA5-C7C6-41E4-8402-82A541E96207

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Dealer May have them. I needed all hardware and ordered through Benny @AllMoparParts.com on here.
this list is old but part numbers same with maybe last letter changed.

Jeep Wrangler JL Installed Mopar Rubicon Steel Bumper on a Sahara. Here's what we learned 79083DA5-C7C6-41E4-8402-82A541E96207
Is the Trans Support Bolt the one that goes through the rivnut?

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase