Installed Mopar Rubicon Steel Bumper on a Sahara. Here's what we learned

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S / GMC 1500AT 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, first post here after buying a 2016 75th Anniversary Edition Sahara.

Can someone confirm that this part number, 68231956AA, is for the right side JK fog light bracket? The MOPAR sites diagram looks like a completely different part. Attached is the MOPAR part and my broken fog light bracket.

Thank you!!!

MOPAR part.PNG

broken bracket.jpg
May want to try the JK Forum.
Advertisement

Grateful1

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘71 VW Super Beetle / ‘98 TJ Sport / ‘18 JLU Sahara
Just a heads-up!! I ordered a Rubicon steel bumper for our Sahara. I was "supposed" to bolt right up with no other parts needed. Because it was a new JL aftermarket production part from MoPar, it took forever to get it and I'd kind of lost interest as the original bumper worked fine with my fire department lights......but I gave my word and I honored it with the dealer. The bumper finally came in and the dealer mounted it this morning.

Here's what we learned;
  • a) the bumper bolts right up - no problem at all
  • b) the original Sahara LED fog lights work perfectly in the Rubicon steel bumper (moderator edit: although there are others that say an adapter bracket is needed - see post #33)
  • c) the skid plate and air dam between the bumper and grill (from the Sahara with a plastic bumper) will NOT work, you have to order a new, steel skid plate and air dam for a Rubicon
  • d) The changeover took twice as long as the dealer work sheet said......though it was their first such effort so I assume there will be an improved learning curve.
Benson Jeep (Greenville SC) took very good care of me and we worked out a mutually agreeable deal to get the rest of the parts and finish the job. It's GOOD to do business with a good dealer!

IMG_1158.JPG

IMG_1159.JPG

IMG_1160.JPG
I did the same. I knew about the skid plate but what is this air dam you speak of?

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Just a heads-up!! I ordered a Rubicon steel bumper for our Sahara. I was "supposed" to bolt right up with no other parts needed. Because it was a new JL aftermarket production part from MoPar, it took forever to get it and I'd kind of lost interest as the original bumper worked fine with my fire department lights......but I gave my word and I honored it with the dealer. The bumper finally came in and the dealer mounted it this morning.

Here's what we learned;
  • a) the bumper bolts right up - no problem at all
  • b) the original Sahara LED fog lights work perfectly in the Rubicon steel bumper (moderator edit: although there are others that say an adapter bracket is needed - see post #33)
  • c) the skid plate and air dam between the bumper and grill (from the Sahara with a plastic bumper) will NOT work, you have to order a new, steel skid plate and air dam for a Rubicon
  • d) The changeover took twice as long as the dealer work sheet said......though it was their first such effort so I assume there will be an improved learning curve.
Benson Jeep (Greenville SC) took very good care of me and we worked out a mutually agreeable deal to get the rest of the parts and finish the job. It's GOOD to do business with a good dealer!

IMG_1158.JPG

IMG_1159.JPG

IMG_1160.JPG
How did you go about getting the hood

Grateful1

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘71 VW Super Beetle / ‘98 TJ Sport / ‘18 JLU Sahara
How did you go about getting the hood
You can order the Mopar Rubicon hood from Mopar. The best prices for Mopar I have found is allmoparparts.com

Advertisement

Tazer JL - Z Automotive

Advertisement