So the install went pretty well. Had to make a few trips to the Lowe's and the local dealer to get all the parts I was missing. The bumper I purchased included the skid plate and most of the bolts needed.How'd the install go? I just purchased a Moab takeoff steel bumper and plan to install to my Sahara. Were the Maximus 3 brackets needed for the fog lights?
This PDF was helpful to see how the parts fit together: http://site.justforjeeps.com/guide/82215183.pdf
From this guide the parts I needed were:
* Right skid plate bracket 68353836AA. Part B or C on the PDF
* Left skid plate bracket 68353837AA. Part B or C on the PDF.
* Rivnuts (4) 6511076AA. Part E on the PDF
* Bolts for rivnuts (4) 6104414AA. Part D
Additional parts I already had:
* Skid plate 68293984AB. Part A on the PDF
* Screws secure skid to bumper (7). Part F on the PDF
Parts needed to secure the Maximus-3 bracket to the steel bumper:
* 2 5/16"-18 U-Type Extended U-Nut (Similar to this https://www.lowes.com/pd/Hillman-2-Count-1-4-in-Black-Phosphate-Standard-SAE-Regular-U-Nuts/3013186) (See picture for specific part)
* 2 5/16"-18x1 Body Bolt (Similar to this https://www.lowes.com/pd/Hillman-5-16-in-Black-Phosphate-Coarse-Thread-Body-Bolt/3012752) (See picture for specific part)
These bolts and u-nuts worked perfectly! Highly recommend securing the bracket to the bumper with bolts and u-nuts.
These videos were helpful to get the gist of what was expected in the install:
Unfortunately these videos did not involve relocating the factory LED fog lights to the steel bumper. That was the big unknown for me going into this project. And it took the most time. You have to completely disassemble the plastic bumper to get the wiring out. Once the wiring is out it wasn't really clear how that wiring should be ran in the steel bumper. I ended up using some of the plastic plug clips to secure them to the inside of the bumper. Wiring may be a little loose in there but haven't had any problems...
I'll post a bunch of the pictures I took during the install. Hopefully they are clear of what's what but let me know if something doesn't make sense. Pictures also show the plastic bumper disassembled so you get an idea of what to expect.