Sponsored

Installed Mopar Lift Kit, hearing “static” sound when driving 35+

albo23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
One in a million shot here, here it goes.

After installing the 2” Mopar lift on a JL Rubicon, I hear a random static-like sound. It only occurs when driving 35+, does not sound like it’s actually coming from a speaker, opening the driver window does help me hear it a bit more.

When I drive over certain texture roads, the noise changes frequency a bit.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Who did the install and has everything been torqued to spec with the Wrangler off the lift?

OP
OP

albo23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Who did the install and has everything been torqued to spec with the Wrangler off the lift?
It was a local off-road shop, I assume they did their due diligence on torque. Just trying to check off the boxes before I take it back there or to the dealer.

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6
Is the static type noise you hear just a different type of wind flow ? Maybe you're getting a bit more under the jeep than you did before. Do you have a factory skid plate ?

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
It was a local off-road shop, I assume they did their due diligence on torque. Just trying to check off the boxes before I take it back there or to the dealer.
Why would you assume that?

Sponsored

OP
OP

albo23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Is the static type noise you hear just a different type of wind flow ? Maybe you're getting a bit more under the jeep than you did before. Do you have a factory skid plate ?
I do have a factory skid plate. I have not experienced this wind noise before, even at 90+... however I did have passengers in my car and they guessed it sounded like wind noise. Again, very difficult to locate.

Why would you assume that?
It's just an assumption, they were a recommended-to-me shop for installing lift kits.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
It's just an assumption.
You know what they say about assumptions, right? Give your torque wrench a workout and verify for yourself. Too many mechanics rely on their impact gun for everything.

WagzDad

First Name
Carroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Are there tags on the components that were installed? Like playing cards in the spokes of a bike.
Sponsored