Installed Magnuson Supercharger and I am very happy with the results

NoahVD

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
I bought an installed but never ran Magnuson kit from a forum member and installed it in December. Other than a few trips to the hardware store for some missing bolts and a pump bracket needing to be ordered the install went great. Took about a week of working on it a couple hours a day to install. Ordered the tuner and calibration from Magnuson and had the PCM unlocked by HP Tuners.
I am very pleased with how its running. Very smooth when driving normally and lots of power when you step on the throttle. MPG is hard to tell because most of my driving after the install has been around town. I think the average reported by the dash is around 13.5 down from the 14.2 it was at before install but again, thats almost all around town.
Jeep Wrangler JL Installed Magnuson Supercharger and I am very happy with the results 20221216_175121(1)
Sponsored

rayzjeep

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
How's the shifting with the Mag tune? That's what I was always concerned with...I had issues with tuning a V8 swapped JK years ago. Don't really have the funds or a LS swap this time so Mag blower might be a nice compromise.

Industrialwrench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 SRT Challenger. 18 4Runner off-road premium.
Right on. Glad youā€™re happy with the result. ā€œInstalled but never ranā€, thatā€™s some highly suspect salesmen jibber-jabber. But if itā€™s ripping who cares. Wish I had one too.

OP
OP
NoahVD

NoahVD

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Shifting feels just as smooth as before. I have noticed it might not be going into 8th on the highway as much but I'm not sure about that. I have not done enough highway driving to be confident its any different from before

OP
OP
NoahVD

NoahVD

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Right on. Glad youā€™re happy with the result. ā€œInstalled but never ranā€, thatā€™s some highly suspect salesmen jibber-jabber. But if itā€™s ripping who cares. Wish I had one too.
He had a 2021 Gladiator and got the kit before anyone realized that Jeep changed the PCM mid year on the 21 Gladiator and it was not unlockable to be tuned. So he sent it in to unlock and proceeded with the install only to find out after much waiting that it was not going to be able to work.
Sponsored