First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 3.6 JL 2-dr
Thanks for that, I posted over on youtube too, what a nice job on that as well.
Might check around the site, there's been a few D44s from sports pop up now and then, there's one in Texas in the classifieds for $600 FWIW.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/dana-44-rear-axle-narrow-el-paso.86420/
Oh wow, $600 sounds like a steal! I know it's often not necessary and sometimes a waste of some money but I only like to buy brand new parts. However, an axle for $600 is something I would humor for sure. I usually wait for something to break before I upgrade. But the axles are something I'll probably upgrade before they break. I'll do the front and rear at the same time, D44 with the 4.10 gears. If I don't break them sooner I'll probably swap them next year. Then I'll only have the trans to worry about haha.

OP
OP
kis_face

kis_face

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 3.6 JL 2-dr

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Thanks a lot. Now all I have been thinking about is a D44 axle swap and 35" tires. I'm doomed 🤦‍♂️ 💸
Yeah it never ends, you're way ahead of me (and btw your shop looks killer too!) I'm currently wanting to swap in a Rubicon 4:1 rock-trac T-case, for my needs I think that's the best bang for the buck to get a decent crawl ratio w/ my Sport gears and axles :)

Traveller128

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Renegade Trailhawk (2022 Willys ordered)
Occupation
Volvo Master Technician
Just an FYI, Magnuson wrote me back, and they said they've seen another 2022 with the GPEC2A PCM, also a 6 speed. HP tuners hasn't cracked the 2022 yet. Waiting on an ETA.

OP
OP
kis_face

kis_face

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 3.6 JL 2-dr
Just an FYI, Magnuson wrote me back, and they said they've seen another 2022 with the GPEC2A PCM, also a 6 speed. HP tuners hasn't cracked the 2022 yet. Waiting on an ETA.
I think they have switched back to using the GPEC2A because another buddy of mine just took delivery of his '22 Gladiator and it has the GPEC2A 🤷‍♂️

I feels sorry for the peeps with the few builds that have the GPEC5.

I wonder what has changed on the '22 GPEC2A that HP Tuners can't unlock it? Seems strange

Also, I would contact HP Tuners directly for an ETA. I found they were a lot more responsive and helpful than Magnuson was with technical questions regarding the PCM.

Traveller128

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Renegade Trailhawk (2022 Willys ordered)
Occupation
Volvo Master Technician
Like any new model, it usually takes tuners a bit to crack the doorway on the new tune. At least they seem to have gone back to the GPEC2, so I'm sure it's a matter of time.

Wonder if the GPEC5 is going to be an orphan if they switched back. That would be a bummer.

TopLift Pros