Installed Insane Audio JL3001 Head Unit today

First Name
Damian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
All,

I am having a few issues with my unit and am hoping yall might be able to help.

• Bluetooth / Premium Audio
    • When I play music via the bluetooth music app the radio works fine. However, when I receive a phone call, the units phone app pops up but there is no sound. I asked IA about this and they think that I installed the unit incorrectly for the premium sound package on the jeep
      • " More specifically, if you have the factory premium sound system (with subwoofer), you will need to make one additional change on your main wiring harness. There are quick connects on the speaker wires labeled F1/F2 and R1/R2. Connect F1 to R2 and F2 to R1. If you do not have the factory premium sound system with subwoofer, just leve F1 to F2 and R1 to R2. "
    • My issue is I do not see a F1,2 and R1,2 on the cord I have, I have AUX L IN, AUX R IN, Subwoofer, AUX V In, Rear Out L, Rear Out R, Front Out L, Front Out R, etc. These are all female cord supplied by insane audio. The only male cords I have from the jeep are CD Audio R and CD Audio L and AUX R and AUX L. So I am not sure what is meant by the R2-F1 and R1-F2.
  • GPS Nav.
    • The GPS app will not pick up the satellite signals. I installed the antenna as shown in the install video at the back of the head unit housing and in the right direction.
    • I am wondering if anyone else had this issue and if so where you moved the antenna to acquire signal (I am thinking maybe on the windshield but am curios best way to run the wire and want to make sure there is not something I am over-looking before moving)
I am wondering if anyone else has run into these issues. If so I would love some advice.

Even with the above problems, overall the unit is outstanding.

20201106_121323.jpg
I also have gps issues not getting signal. I installed it wear they said to. I will be looking to relocate it onto the dash once the weather gets warmer
Sponsored

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
Instead of where you have it i think a better spot would be up by the sun visors. If you take out your radio its one screw in the middle and the rest clips that pop right out. Then line it up the a pillar just by pushing it in the side facing the windshield. And itll mount nicely. Thats my mission when im done with my american soundbar install. Itll probably take 15-20 min time. And some guerilla 2 way tape.

jessedoesitall

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Stuff
Vehicle Showcase
I also have gps issues not getting signal. I installed it wear they said to. I will be looking to relocate it onto the dash once the weather gets warmer
Yeah, putting it behind the radio is worthless. I emailed them back in January about getting a GPS with a longer cord. They sent me a new one with a much longer cord. It now reaches the top of the soundbar comfortably and the signal is fantastic. Highly recommend.

Maxamillie

First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited JL
Hi All

I just installed my JL3001 and I’m having some issues maybe you great minds can help me with.

Playing music from my radio or connected via Bluetooth is crystal clear but the moment I play anything from my CarPlay it sounds like total trash. The quality is terrible, the volume is very low you have to have it at almost all the way up to hear it. I’ve checked all the cables they’re all in correctly, nothing is pinching the cables and I’ve even gotten new iPhone cables and I cannot get a good clear sound.

Any ideas or advice on what I can try next to get my CarPlay to sound decent

Thanks y’all 👋🏽

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
Anyone interested in the jl3001 unit I may have one shortly for sale. About to have my jeep bought back or a lawsuit. Will most likely post for 800 with all wires and everything including box by about Tuesday/Wednesday.

Sponsored

future ocean blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean blue JLU
Anyone interested in the jl3001 unit I may have one shortly for sale. About to have my jeep bought back or a lawsuit. Will most likely post for 800 with all wires and everything including box by about Tuesday/Wednesday.
let me know if you are selling. how have you liked it? any annoying things with it? heard carplay and wifi can be issues

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
let me know if you are selling. how have you liked it? any annoying things with it? heard carplay and wifi can be issues
No issues once plugged in. But multiple devices would cause an issue. Most of my issues were easily corrected with updates. I loved the radio otherwise. Best one I’ve had so far. Well worth it. Just want to get rid of my jeep and if I could put it in my next car I would. But definitely selling it. Just waiting on the vehicle to be returned from the dealer so I can strip out all my parts

PacNWJLGecko

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
No issues once plugged in. But multiple devices would cause an issue. Most of my issues were easily corrected with updates. I loved the radio otherwise. Best one I’ve had so far. Well worth it. Just want to get rid of my jeep and if I could put it in my next car I would. But definitely selling it. Just waiting on the vehicle to be returned from the dealer so I can strip out all my parts
Is there anyway to adjust the volume in the unit itself or do you only have the steering wheel controls? I have a Sport with the 5 inch I want to replace. Very interested in purchasing assuming no scratches to the head unit screen.

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
Is there anyway to adjust the volume in the unit itself or do you only have the steering wheel controls? I have a Sport with the 5 inch I want to replace. Very interested in purchasing assuming no scratches to the head unit screen.
I had them send me a new one and the dealer better not have scratched it. I just got it back a week befor I had to bring it to a dealer. And if your used to android tablets there is options on screen if you swipe down I always used the steering wheel cause it’s easier while driving. You’ll love this radio regardless from the 5. And @800 im beating the price of jlaudios unit. Its a 1500 dollar radio at half the price.

Sponsored

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
Yea let me know when its available to ship and I'll take it!
Im not sure about shipping the radio. As id prefer cash in hand but I have it up for 800. All wires and add ons plus the front facing camera. I also have the soundbar for 600 loaded with ds18 candy amp aswell.

Crush

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I recently purchased the Insane JL3001 too. A month ago I also installed the Alpine PSS-23wra.

Will I need to use the rca cables that came with the Alpine PSS to hook up to the Insane harness?

Also are there any other wiring changes that I will need to make?
Sponsored