I also have gps issues not getting signal. I installed it wear they said to. I will be looking to relocate it onto the dash once the weather gets warmerAll,
I am having a few issues with my unit and am hoping yall might be able to help.
I am wondering if anyone else has run into these issues. If so I would love some advice.
- Bluetooth / Premium Audio
- When I play music via the bluetooth music app the radio works fine. However, when I receive a phone call, the units phone app pops up but there is no sound. I asked IA about this and they think that I installed the unit incorrectly for the premium sound package on the jeep
- " More specifically, if you have the factory premium sound system (with subwoofer), you will need to make one additional change on your main wiring harness. There are quick connects on the speaker wires labeled F1/F2 and R1/R2. Connect F1 to R2 and F2 to R1. If you do not have the factory premium sound system with subwoofer, just leve F1 to F2 and R1 to R2. "
- My issue is I do not see a F1,2 and R1,2 on the cord I have, I have AUX L IN, AUX R IN, Subwoofer, AUX V In, Rear Out L, Rear Out R, Front Out L, Front Out R, etc. These are all female cord supplied by insane audio. The only male cords I have from the jeep are CD Audio R and CD Audio L and AUX R and AUX L. So I am not sure what is meant by the R2-F1 and R1-F2.
- GPS Nav.
- The GPS app will not pick up the satellite signals. I installed the antenna as shown in the install video at the back of the head unit housing and in the right direction.
- I am wondering if anyone else had this issue and if so where you moved the antenna to acquire signal (I am thinking maybe on the windshield but am curios best way to run the wire and want to make sure there is not something I am over-looking before moving)
Even with the above problems, overall the unit is outstanding.