STxWrangler

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Thanks! I really love the flush look of yours:like:
Yeah, the radio does look like it belongs there....fits the spot perfectly. I just hope that I don't have to get ATT's Connected Car service ($20 more per month on my phone bill) in order to get the radio to not drop my hot spot connection.
Sponsored

OP
OP

STxWrangler

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Are the factory USB ports retained?
Yes...they still work BUT they aren't fast enough for use with the radio without issues. It is best to use one of the USB cables included with the radio (four cables are included) that feed to the glove box for connecting your smartphone with the radio unit.

First Name
wesley baughman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler sport unlimited
No....I did not have a need (yet) for auxiliary switches so I didn't install. I'm not sure about how well the AUX switch integration performs.
Their coming with a software update to incorporate the aux switches.

I got the amp installed today so I'm adjusting around the settings

nunziotocci

First Name
Annunziato
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Husqvarna Svartpilen 701
Their coming with a software update to incorporate the aux switches.

I got the amp installed today so I'm adjusting around the settings
Glad to hear it. I'm already using the AUX switches so I'll have to at least wait for that.

Sponsored

GregMG79

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S 6spd
Occupation
Construction Manager
Wireless Apple CarPlay working?

OP
OP

STxWrangler

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Wireless Apple CarPlay working?
It seems that Apple CarPlay is working but I'm trying to get it to work without CarPlay. The radio has so many very cool apps built in and I would prefer to use the radio's platform. It is exponentially better than CarPlay. When it stays connected the phone over the radio works fine but I have frequent issues holding a connection, (I believe both WiFi and Bluetooth). IA asked me to send in the radio so that they can check it out to see if there are problems with the unit itself and see if they can correct the problem. If not, they are offering to replace the unit with a new one if it continues to have issues. Great service.

Combat Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Willys
Anyone know if the Insane Audio's backup camera guidelines are active?(guidelines move with the steering wheel like they do from the factory)

OP
OP

STxWrangler

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Anyone know if the Insane Audio's backup camera guidelines are active?(guidelines move with the steering wheel like they do from the factory)
I do not see guidelines. Is there a setting to activate them? I'll check when they send my radio back.

danelizer

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Business Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed mine a few days ago and the backup guide lines are there. They are adjustable for width but they don’t curve when you turn your wheel.

Sponsored

danelizer

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Business Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Yea. I miss that feature.

angustx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, the radio does look like it belongs there....fits the spot perfectly. I just hope that I don't have to get ATT's Connected Car service ($20 more per month on my phone bill) in order to get the radio to not drop my hot spot connection.
Is the OEM 4G hotspot part of the factory radio or is it separate? If separate, can you control/enable it with the jl3001? Do those menus still work when you upgrade the head unit?

OP
OP

STxWrangler

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Is the OEM 4G hotspot part of the factory radio or is it separate? If separate, can you control/enable it with the jl3001? Do those menus still work when you upgrade the head unit?
I do not have a hotspot in my Jeep, (it is a Sport model). I will use my iPhone hot spot to get the radio out there on the internet.

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
Software & Coastal Engineer
If you're willing to prepay and Sprint works in your area, you can get an unlimited data mobile hotspot for $500/year. Steep for some, but as someone who has lived in hotels and worked in coffee shops for months on end, it can be a lifesaver.

The Calyx Institute is a non-profit that uses an old contract that Mobile Citizen has with Sprint allowing educational and non-profit unlimited hotspots. You donate money, and for your donation, you get unlimited data through MC's contract.
Sponsored