Installed Hitch Harness and Passenger Rear light is out

lalalofsky

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
Just finished installing the rugged ridge trailer wiring harness and when i got done everything looks good expect my passenger rear tail light is out. I have the LED lights and the are programmed through my Jscan. I cant get the turn signal or the brake light to work. Frustration is a PITA and i need suggestions. I’m about to tear this sucker right out.
Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
You don't link to the harness; is it this one?

Start with the obvious. The harness uses inline connections at each tail light. Unplug the passenger size connectors and examine the pins to ensure all are intact and unbent. Examine all wiring (vehicle + harness) to ensure no chafing.

Does the trailer's passenger-side lighting work, even if/when the Jeep's tail light doesn't?

OP
OP
lalalofsky

lalalofsky

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
You don't link to the harness; is it this one?

Start with the obvious. The harness uses inline connections at each tail light. Unplug the passenger size connectors and examine the pins to ensure all are intact and unbent. Examine all wiring (vehicle + harness) to ensure no chafing.

Does the trailer's passenger-side lighting work, even if/when the Jeep's tail light doesn't?
Yeah, so I redid the connections and unplugged my Jscan, I’m assuming I didn’t do the ”plug” and so I couldn’t “play”. I wasn’t pushing them on all the way. Silly mistake.
Sponsored