First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Occupation
Public Safety & Legal Consultant
Recently purchased from Quadratec and installed. Pictures below for anyone considering them. Pretty straight forward. T30 bolt is at a weird angle.
The fit really well with the fender.
Nice look. I also replaced the side marker lights on my MOAB. Mine are the “clear” lens option as well, but you can also get them in “smoked” and “amber” if you like. Install was straightforward, but keep an eye on that bolt so it doesn’t drop down. Took less than 30 minutes to do both sides from start to finish. Another one of those easy to do mods that just enhances the look (IMHO). I was on the Diode website yesterday buying some LEDs for my Ranger as Diode is having a 15% off sale thru July 6th. Other vendors may even have better sales this weekend.

Jeep Wrangler JL Installed Diode Dynamics LED side markers on Sport S 22310A0C-8CF0-4DC1-9450-FE32542FBB99
Jeep Wrangler JL Installed Diode Dynamics LED side markers on Sport S 71C3D60B-A77C-4270-B8F9-E629C2682B03

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Yes, they are a nice addition and on sale right now.. 8-) I have them also..
Jeep Wrangler JL Installed Diode Dynamics LED side markers on Sport S 20190925_123455

blink9cd

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Willys
Yes, they are a nice addition and on sale right now.. 8-) I have them also..
Jeep Wrangler JL Installed Diode Dynamics LED side markers on Sport S 20190925_123455
I just heard about these recently. They look great. Will the clear ones pass annual state inspection in most states?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have had mine installed since 6/2019. Easy easy to install .... Terrific add-on.

No water intrusion issues, or any issues with this LED light offering, like you see over and over with O_____, LED offerings. This is a quality Made in the USA product.

I have my JL, DMV State inspected yearly in New York and it passes every year. I'd say if the Diode Dynamics clear led side markers pass NY State DMV inspection, they'd pass in any State probably.

Read through this thread:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...rs-for-2018-jl-wrangler-diode-dynamics.26975/

Reminder, forum member's are eligible for a free US shipping code. Just send a direct message to the forum rep. @Diode Dynamics

Not sure if you will be going to Jeep Beach 2022 Vendors Row (4/29-4/30/22), but Diode Dynamics will have a booth their and of course, they will have event pricing on their offerings, I'm sure.

Sponsored

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
I just heard about these recently. They look great. Will the clear ones pass annual state inspection in most states?
You'll want to review the laws and regulations for headlamps in Virginia. However, we haven't had any reports from customers failing inspection but do note a chance in our product description.

Clear Matches the factory DRL lamps perfectly! These are clear in color, but still have the retroreflector optics. (May not meet compliance requirements in your region.)

Amber Also called OEM, these match your original, and are DOT/SAE compliant in both illumination and lens color.

Smoked A dark appearance, great on black and grey vehicles. (May not meet compliance requirements in your region.)

https://www.diodedynamics.com/led-s...snY73FFPLLibZ_KxUeV5T4i3wiPiCDccaAkuqEALw_wcB

I have had mine installed since 6/2019. Easy easy to install .... Terrific add-on.

No water intrusion issues, or any issues with this LED light offering, like you see over and over with O_____, LED offerings. This is a quality Made in the USA product.

I have my JL, DMV State inspected yearly in New York and it passes every year. I'd say if the Diode Dynamics clear led side markers pass NY State DMV inspection, they'd pass in any State probably.

Read through this thread:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...rs-for-2018-jl-wrangler-diode-dynamics.26975/

Reminder, forum member's are eligible for a free US shipping code. Just send a direct message to the forum rep. @Diode Dynamics

Not sure if you will be going to Jeep Beach 2022 Vendors Row (4/29-4/30/22), but Diode Dynamics will have a booth their and of course, they will have event pricing on their offerings, I'm sure.
You're correct!

All US forum members are eligable for a free US shipping code. Just shoot us a PM.

In regards to Jeep Beach 2022, we will have our trailer setup.

Due to pricing agreements with distributors, we aren't able to offer any discounts on the product price outside of specific sales periods.

Some product will be in stock for purchase. Items that aren't stocked can still be purchased in at our trailer (booth) by placing an online order with our staff.

Of course, we'll be providing free shipping directly from our headquarters in St.Louis, Missouri!

Jeep Wrangler JL Installed Diode Dynamics LED side markers on Sport S 215718863_191139862958837_8487996556948865611_n

I hope this information is helpful. Thank you!

blink9cd

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Willys

Glad to hear it's been doing well for almost 3 years and passes inspection every time.

You'll want to review the laws and regulations for headlamps in Virginia. However, we haven't had any reports from customers failing inspection but do note a chance in our product description.

Clear Matches the factory DRL lamps perfectly! These are clear in color, but still have the retroreflector optics. (May not meet compliance requirements in your region.)

Amber Also called OEM, these match your original, and are DOT/SAE compliant in both illumination and lens color.

Smoked A dark appearance, great on black and grey vehicles. (May not meet compliance requirements in your region.)

https://www.diodedynamics.com/led-s...snY73FFPLLibZ_KxUeV5T4i3wiPiCDccaAkuqEALw_wcB
Cool, I asked a guy I know in VA with them (he's who showed them to me) and he said he passed inspection so that seems promising. Thanks for the info!

blink9cd

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Willys
I guess I never updated this thread, but I ended up installing these and really liking them. Here's two pictures, first on my original Sport fenders:

Jeep Wrangler JL Installed Diode Dynamics LED side markers on Sport S IMG_3202

And then later LED Rubicon fenders:

Jeep Wrangler JL Installed Diode Dynamics LED side markers on Sport S IMG_3694

blink9cd

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Willys
I did have a question about them for @Diode Dynamics , or maybe @Rhinebeck01. Are the sidemarkers supposed to turn on with the LED DRLs? See this picture here of DRLs on and the side marker off:

Jeep Wrangler JL Installed Diode Dynamics LED side markers on Sport S IMG_3710

This isn't a great picture (all I happen to have on hand), but that should be compared to a parking garage with the lights on and you can see them glow a nice orange (Sport Fenders):

Jeep Wrangler JL Installed Diode Dynamics LED side markers on Sport S IMG_3668

Or during the day if you cover the light sensor so everything turns on:

Jeep Wrangler JL Installed Diode Dynamics LED side markers on Sport S IMG_2871

So basically, is the side marker supposed to turn on like above ^ during the day with the DRLs? If not that's ok, I just wanna make sure I understand what the expected behavior is.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@blink9cd

If believe my clear Diode Dynamics side markers do not come on with my LED DRL's.

Also, my DRL's are not white in color... using JSCAN, I have set-up:

Turn Signals for DRL's
Maybe need:
ADAPTATION ---> DRL- Day time running lights Configuration- Canada DRL

ADAPTATION
---> DRL - Day time running lights - settings --> DRL Lamp Location -->
Turn Signal DRL

I wanted my DRL's to be different color wise then other JL's and JT's I drive near and used JSCAN to make that happen.

Sponsored

blink9cd

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Willys
@blink9cd

If believe my clear Diode Dynamics side markers do not come on with my LED DRL's.

Also, my DRL's are not white in color... using JSCAN, I have set-up:

Turn Signals for DRL's
Maybe need:
ADAPTATION ---> DRL- Day time running lights Configuration- Canada DRL

ADAPTATION
---> DRL - Day time running lights - settings --> DRL Lamp Location -->
Turn Signal DRL

I wanted my DRL's to be different color wise then other JL's and JT's I drive near and used JSCAN to make that happen.
Ok if yours don't come on either, then I'll assume everything is working correctly and it's not some issue with JSCAN / programming. Cool that you have your turn signals on instead.

John1225

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler
Bought these LED side marker lights from AUXITO to cover the front fender frame sticking out after installing fender flares on my JK Jeep Wrangler. I like the fact it is sealed unit. Works great, LED bulbs draw such little amperage that it is possible to run these lights off any other circuit without blowing fuses or overheating wires. Exact width match, much brighter than I expected. It took me 30 minutes per side including drilling and running wires, and soldering. Came out pretty good, well worth it.
Jeep Wrangler JL Installed Diode Dynamics LED side markers on Sport S 1669885297195
Sponsored

Last edited: