Sponsored

Installed Bestop Bikini top for the JLU

sabharad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I got my Bestop bikini top. It looks great. Initial Install takes a bit longer than on my jTOP mesh, but still worth it, and again, thats just on the initial install.

Also note, you will need to order the Windshield Channel as well. Here are the 2 items I ordered (trying to make this simple):
https://www.bestop.com/products/header-extended-safari-style-bikini-top-for-jl-wrangler/
https://www.bestop.com/products/windshield-channel---20-gladiator-18-current-wrangler-jl/

As I said, the roof looks great, but see (attached pics) where the bolts thread in and how they are pushed against the gasket. This concerns me for wear on the the gasket. Also the bolts are threaded and I don't want them tearing it up when installing/removing. Other than that, works great, easy to take on/off.

Also, as for the duster/cargo cover, I ordered mine at the end of March. I just checked in to see if they whats taking so long on shipping and Bestop mentioned they wont receive them until mid June. Once thats in, I will post that as well.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Jeep Wrangler JL Installed Bestop Bikini top for the JLU First

Jeep Wrangler JL Installed Bestop Bikini top for the JLU Second

Jeep Wrangler JL Installed Bestop Bikini top for the JLU Third

Jeep Wrangler JL Installed Bestop Bikini top for the JLU Fourth

Jeep Wrangler JL Installed Bestop Bikini top for the JLU Fifth

Jeep Wrangler JL Installed Bestop Bikini top for the JLU IMG_8572

Jeep Wrangler JL Installed Bestop Bikini top for the JLU IMG_8573
Sponsored

Boogerburns

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Does the middle part wrap around the sound bar, where the dome light is to keep the middle from poofing while driving?

OP
OP
sabharad

sabharad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Does the middle part wrap around the sound bar, where the dome light is to keep the middle from poofing while driving?
yes. It works well too. Does not poof or flap at all.

Sponsored

OP
OP
sabharad

sabharad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I do think it may not work with those specific mopar grab handles.
if you see by this pic:
You do need to replace a couple screws with snaps. While they are not the same screws your grab handles go into, the straps from the roof that go to the snaps are on the opposite side of the bar as your screw. Therefor your handles would interfere with the location of where the straps snap in. Does that make sense?

Personally, I use the GPCA Grip Pro: https://www.gpca.us/shop/gp-grip-pro/
I like these because i can easily move them back/forth if needed. And they do work fine with my roof straps.

suicideTone

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
I’ve been waiting for this to become available but I can’t get it before the rain on Monday. Can you leave the header on and just snap the top on for emergency downpours or does it wrap around the header? Just thinking this may be nice for Fall with doors off to stay drier or to keep in the back to snap on. I think I read header must be removed for hardtop to go back on if this is the one that you don’t need door surrounds for.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sabharad

sabharad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The header stays attached and connected to the bikini top. I keep it all rolled up in my garage. Installs easily, within minutes... I just put it on, rolled it out, connect the velcro put in the 4 bolts, snap down straps and i'm good to go.

OP
OP
sabharad

sabharad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@suicideTone I re-read what you wrote, and I think I may have responded wrong.
Could you keep the header up there/ In theory yes, but you would have to remove it to re-attach the the bikini top, then re-connect it. The Bikini top snaps into the header, but not from an angle to be done without removing the header. see this install guide of the header: https://assets.bestop.com/files/_bestop/9/8/3/51244_f.pdf

I get why you're asking, that way you can just keep the bikini top folded up in the back.
I went and did a quick test with to show you if it would fit rolled up with the header attached in the back. The answer is soft of. If you put it in diagonally, it will fit, but it wont lay flat without either being elevated a little, or the seat folded down. Here's a pic (yeah yeah, i'll vacuum soon):

Jeep Wrangler JL Installed Bestop Bikini top for the JLU IMG_0130

Sponsored

suicideTone

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
@suicideTone I re-read what you wrote, and I think I may have responded wrong.
Could you keep the header up there/ In theory yes, but you would have to remove it to re-attach the the bikini top, then re-connect it. The Bikini top snaps into the header, but not from an angle to be done without removing the header. see this install guide of the header: https://assets.bestop.com/files/_bestop/9/8/3/51244_f.pdf

I get why you're asking, that way you can just keep the bikini top folded up in the back.
I went and did a quick test with to show you if it would fit rolled up with the header attached in the back. The answer is soft of. If you put it in diagonally, it will fit, but it wont lay flat without either being elevated a little, or the seat folded down. Here's a pic (yeah yeah, i'll vacuum soon):

Thanks man. I have the Dlipstream in the back so it probably wouldn’t fit. I’d plan on just using this in the Fall/Spring full time then and Hardtop for Winter. The header is unavailable again so I’ll probably just put the Hardtip back on tonight before the rain starts. I don’t mind a day of rain, but with Oregon wildfires I need to clean it out before all the funk gets rained on. I’ll check Bestop again late Winter.

Lioska

First Name
Alioscha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
I got my Bestop bikini top. It looks great. Initial Install takes a bit longer than on my jTOP mesh, but still worth it, and again, thats just on the initial install.

Also note, you will need to order the Windshield Channel as well. Here are the 2 items I ordered (trying to make this simple):
https://www.bestop.com/products/header-extended-safari-style-bikini-top-for-jl-wrangler/
https://www.bestop.com/products/windshield-channel---20-gladiator-18-current-wrangler-jl/

As I said, the roof looks great, but see (attached pics) where the bolts thread in and how they are pushed against the gasket. This concerns me for wear on the the gasket. Also the bolts are threaded and I don't want them tearing it up when installing/removing. Other than that, works great, easy to take on/off.

Also, as for the duster/cargo cover, I ordered mine at the end of March. I just checked in to see if they whats taking so long on shipping and Bestop mentioned they wont receive them until mid June. Once thats in, I will post that as well.

Thanks for the details. Have you tested it in the rain?
Also did you install the duster?

SlowPoke21

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Wow. That looks very nice! Thanks for the pictures.

Interested If they make this in twill/premium material.

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase

Is this good for light drizzels and suprise rain showers?

suicideTone

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Is this good for light drizzels and suprise rain showers?
I’ve got mine on and love it. If we have a few days of light rain I keep it on and my seats stay dry with the doors off. We had 2 days of hard rain and the seat was a little damp from the sideways rain and a huge puddle on the top I emptied before driving. But not even wet enough to soak through my pants. I do have neoprene seat covers though. Probably one of my favorite things I’ve bought so far as it’s only 4 screws to put it on or off when weather rolls in.
Sponsored