Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't want to spend a lot of money on new fenders and the choice at this point is pretty limited, but my 38s needed a little breathing room from my 3.5 Metalcloak lift. So I went with a very cost effective route and tried Artec Industries front fender chop kit. I couldn't be any happier. Wasn't too bad of an install and I would highly recommend buying their optional hardware kit to reattach the fenders after you remove them, because I must have broke half of the plastic clips holding them on.

20181015_191414.jpg

20181015_191638.jpg

20181015_191557.jpg

IMG_20181015_192544_600.jpg
Sponsored

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
That's clean. I like it.
What was the total install time?
How difficult is it to remove the lower half of the fenders?

Five Seasons

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 2009 BMW 135i, 2002 Honda S2000,
Are you getting a dash warning from the LED turn signal replacement ? If not how are they wired ?

Alos were your instructions un-usable ? I was happy with the product but the instructions are garbage.

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
I didn't want to spend a lot of money on new fenders and the choice at this point is pretty limited, but my 38s needed a little breathing room from my 3.5 Metalcloak lift. So I went with a very cost effective route and tried Artec Industries front fender chop kit. I couldn't be any happier. Wasn't too bad of an install and I would highly recommend buying their optional hardware kit to reattach the fenders after you remove them, because I must have broke half of the plastic clips holding them on.

20181015_191414.jpg

20181015_191638.jpg

20181015_191557.jpg

IMG_20181015_192544_600.jpg
This is a great idea, but the lighting looks so cheap and so much of an afterthought. I would like to see a similar kit made with a better more integrated turn signal and corner light solution myself. Am I the only one thinking this?

OP
OP
4xnaz

4xnaz

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
That's clean. I like it.
What was the total install time?
How difficult is it to remove the lower half of the fenders?
I probably spent about 4 hours on it because I replaced all the plastic factory clips with rivnuts. Once the entire fender is off, the inside liner is just held in place by adhesive. Just need to pull them apart.

Sponsored

OP
OP
4xnaz

4xnaz

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Are you getting a dash warning from the LED turn signal replacement ? If not how are they wired ?

Alos were your instructions un-usable ? I was happy with the product but the instructions are garbage.
Yes, I got the LED package when I bought my JLU so I didn't think I would have an issue switching the wiring over to a different set of LEDs. I was wrong. I get a warning in the dash saying I have a turn signal out and the dash lights do a hyper flash when I turn them on. However, on the outside of the Jeep, the turn signals flash normally.

OP
OP
4xnaz

4xnaz

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
This is a great idea, but the lighting looks so cheap and so much of an afterthought. I would like to see a similar kit made with a better more integrated turn signal and corner light solution myself. Am I the only one thinking this?
I totally agree, but for me, this isnt a permanent replacement so I dont mind the small LED lights until a fender is released that I like and want to install.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Nope I couldn’t agree with you more and to not have a solution to fix the warning you get inside is plain silly. I understand why OP did it and glad it is only temporary for him. Looks really, well as my grandpa used to say “half a$$”.