Sponsored

Installed a hardtop from a JLUR on my JLUS and need your help

MyLilPonyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2012 McLaren 12C
A few months ago, I was lucky to find a painted Punk'N Orange JLUR hardtop for sale. I drove to Memphis in my JLUS with the soft top on and removed it at the seller's house, and then we installed his hardtop on my JLUS. It worked fine, but I was missing some of the brackets that the hardtop latches on. The front windshield inner brackets, and the middle B/Speaking pillar brackets is what I was missing. I was able to order them later from one of the Mopar Parts stores, and everything fit fine, except I'm missing the windshield right side front middle bracket. For the life of me, I cannot figure out what that part is.

When you look at any Mopar online parts store, they show it together (See image below), but the part numbers are only for the left bracket, which I received. I thought it was a kit when I ordered since they are the smallest brackets, but also 3x the price as the other brackets I needed. Does anyone have any idea what the RIGHT side front middle bracket is for the freedom panel to latch unto to? The image is for a Gladiator, but the bracket I need is the same on Wrangler or Gladiator.

Annotation 2020-04-23 144716.png

Annotation 2020-04-23 134242.png

Annotation 2020-04-23 140559.png

Looks amazing with the hardtop btw. I didn't love the soft top look and it was already sagging near the rear windows. Of course, you cant be how easy it is to put a soft top down.
IMG_5296.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
MyLilPonyJeep

MyLilPonyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2012 McLaren 12C
Try this one. Latch Anchor Plate - Mopar (68421918AA).
Seems like the correct part. Thank you! I was able to google it and the best place I found to have them listed is Quadratec's website and shows driver and passenger options. Crazy that they want between $64 and $85 for each one! I paid $33 for the left one, just couldn't find the right side, but that part is discontinued now. I accidentally ordered a full latch which is on the side for the soft top of hard top, your main latch, and that was only $38. Much bigger latch with the intricate latching mechanism lol. Thanks again! Hopefully this helps others.
I also found it on all the other mopar parts sites.
Sponsored