makumozosd

makumozosd

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0T
How tall is it with the 37's and no lift?
I was curious myself...

~73.5" in front and ~74.5" towards rear. Classic Rubicon rake. Remember these KO2s are on the smallish side for 37s so mileage will vary with other 37s
Sponsored

Reactions: J0E

ReggieFred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One
For me, a Rubicon is pretty much ready to do my light to moderate off-roading and still handle something unexpected during one of my hunting trips. My entertainment activity is the hunting, not the 4 wheeling, getting stuck, breaking parts, working on the Jeep, etc.. As I get older, working on vehicles is less fun with all the aches and pains. But I see Rubicons everyday here in the city that will never touch a dirt driveway and never see snow, let alone a trail. Most of the Jeeps sold, I believe people are buying an image, just like most other vehicles. Like; how many ZR1 Corvette owners are going to drive their car 200 mph?
Those poor little birds you hunt.

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
Wow....that's a full 1.25" loaded radius difference between ours and yours at your highest point. Did you eyeball it or measure with a level on the roof? I can't imagine our PBRRs are 2.5" bigger in diameter; no way.
This is why I asked the question in the first place. I've seen 6'-2" as the standard reported height of a Rubicon. But I ask around every once in a while to see if someone reports something different.

Don't have my Jeep yet and I'm wondering what I can get away with and still fit in this parking garage.

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No idea what a parking lot average height is, but I bet it's similar to a normal garage door, which is 84" tall. However, the opening is usually occluded by the door itself and the fact that most openers don't pull the door completely out of the opening....most are 80" tall.
This garage says 6'-6", but today I rolled through all 7 levels and spot checked with a tape measure through my soonroof :LOL: I came back home and remeasured my QX56 again to make sure what my base measurement was and came up with 6'-9".

Just trying to decide what I can get away with on the Jeep we have coming.

Last edited:

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Wow....that's a full 1.25" loaded radius difference between ours and yours at your highest point. Did you eyeball it or measure with a level on the roof? I can't imagine our PBRRs are 2.5" bigger in diameter; no way.
I’ve been confused by all these height numbers too. I measured mine Saturday, using a level, and with Milestar Patagonia 37x12.50 and 3.5” lift I’m at a hair over 78”. Tires themselves on vehicle are 35 7/8” at 31 psi. Hardtop on.

I do have full-size spare on, winch, steel skid plates, steel slider steps, and a couple hundred pounds of tools and recovery gear inside. Wouldn’t call mine light!

Sponsored

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUS (Granite Crystal)
Occupation
CPA
I own a JLUR. I won’t be doing “hard off-roading”. So, why did I buy it?

1) I like the stock looks
2) I don’t need to do anything to it (other than a winch and some lights)—- its already more capable than I need. That is reassuring if I do get myself onto a trail that I don’t have the best skills for. The Stock Rubi may save me, given my skills, where a stock sport might not.
3) I like the looks
4) it’s good looking.
5) my wife says it looks “tough”
6) it’s sharp looking
But do you think it looks good, or nah?

OP
OP
makumozosd

makumozosd

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0T
Just measured again to check my work. Same numbers: 74.5" at highest point (rear of roof). Tape measure from roof of Jeep to ceiling then subtracted total ceiling height. Not super scientific but should be accurate enough to +/- half inch.

another point of reference: height from floor to top center of tires @35psi: 35.5"

Which roof do you have?

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
I like those wheels on the Sting Grey, really ties all the red together.

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just measured again to check my work. Same numbers: 74.5" at highest point (rear of roof). Tape measure from roof of Jeep to ceiling then subtracted total ceiling height. Not super scientific but should be accurate enough to +/- half inch.

another point of reference: height from floor to top center of tires @35psi: 35.5"

Which roof do you have?
Interesting. Theoretically your rig should be 6'-2" (74") + about an 1.5"-2", to account for the increased tire size. And add to that since you don't run a spare on the back you should probably be another .5" taller still......

This is why I'm asking about heights. Seems like all things aren't equal and there's really no telling what a Rubicons height might be after modifications.

Thanks for checking @makumozosd

Sponsored

NW_Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
This garage says 6'-6", but today I rolled through all 7 levels and spot checked with a tape measure through my soonroof :LOL: I came back home and remeasured my QX56 again to make sure what my base measurement was and came up with 6'-9".

Just trying to decide what I can get away with on the Jeep we have coming.
Shop won’t put my mounted Beadlocks mounted on tires on my Jeep. I’ll try to install on Thursday or Friday. Your welcome to come over and help lol you can measure when I’m done. I bet I’m under 6’ 6” with these 37’s and 2.5” lift

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shop won’t put my mounted Beadlocks mounted on tires on my Jeep. I’ll try to install on Thursday or Friday. Your welcome to come over and help lol you can measure when I’m done. I bet I’m under 6’ 6” with these 37’s and 2.5” lift
Let me know when ;)

SDot

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR HellaYella
I like it a lot - it was my very first mod. Cavfab makes the slickest delete kit in the market. The only thing missing was the plugs to cover the tailgate holes that remain - I found some on Amazon for cheap. You will get a free 1/2" lift in the rear give or take and its nice to actually see out of your rear window! I know its not for everyone but I personally love the boxy look of the Jeep without the spare.
Looks great! Where'd you get the black out flag insert for the delete? Looks perfect!

OP
OP
makumozosd

makumozosd

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0T
Jeep's website says a stock 4 door Rubicon is 73.6" overall height, for reference.

https://www.jeep.com/wrangler/specs.html
Considering Jeep doesn't specify what roof configuration they using for that measurement I can only assume they use the tallest configuration possible. That would be the Sky one-touch or soft top - both are 1-2" taller than the hardtop.

Bottom line...tolerances from Jeep to Jeep, production variances, how much your suspension has or has not settled, can cause comparing exact height from one Jeep to another tricky.

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
OP- your Jeep looks great!

I've taken almost the same approach (I did add a 1.5" spacer lift, though). I also like the "stuffed" look- and I wanted to run 37" tires.

Deleting the spare is perhaps the best thing I've done to my Jeep so far (better visibility, easier on my tailgate, the back end comes up 1/2", plus shedding 80 lbs helps with the get up and go- it's the equivalent of adding 8 hp).

The new wheels push the tire center 1.5" outwards, and as mentioned I added a 1.5" spacer lift (which is actually 1.5" and the front 1").
Going with just a small spacer allowed me to keep the stock shocks and control arms, and it is such a slight difference I didn't even need to adjust the steering wheel. I did add 2" of bump stop, but honestly when we flexed the suspension I could probably go with just 1" of extra bump stop).

I've had no rubbing whatsoever in actual driving- including offroad. We determined maximum flex combined with maximum turn creates very slight contact with the stock inner liner- but the offroading I do is unlikely to create that situation very often if ever.

I also agree with the "need" for 37." I went back and forth between 35" and 37" and really glad I went with the larger tire. This was just the look I wanted, and the combination of tires/spacer has gained me just over 3" of ground clearance (which is the main thing I need for the type of offroading I do).

f40c2f011fa36d9bb7a66df496eccae3951bbcfb.jpg
Sponsored