Sponsored

Installed 2.5" Rock Krawler X-Factor Flex System Lift

pitsqrd

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited, 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland, 1997 Porsche 993, 1978 911 SC 3.6 Restomod, 2017 F150, XLT
Occupation
Biz Dev
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the RK 2.5" Flex System w/ Fox IFP shocks and Teraflex .5 inch leveling spacers front and rear on my 2020 Sahara this last weekend and drvr side front is about 7/8" higher than front psngr side and about 1/2" higher on rear drvr side than rear psngr side (measured from top of tires to bottom lip of fender).

Also, sway bar on drvr side is higher than psngr side by about 1 1/4 - 1 1/2" which confirms drvr side lifted higher than psngr side.

I didn't have this issue (drvr side higher) on the Rubi take off suspension I previously installed, even though Rubi springs on drvr side were same length as psngr side (just like the RK kit).

Anyone have any ideas why drvr side is 7/8" higher than psnger side in the front and drvr side 1/2" higher than psngr side in the rear and or what I may have done wrong during install to cause this condition?

Drvr Side sway bar to axle (ref adj link set to 9") Psngr side sway bar to axle (adj. link set to 9")
Jeep Wrangler JL Installed 2.5" Rock Krawler X-Factor Flex System Lift Driver side
Jeep Wrangler JL Installed 2.5" Rock Krawler X-Factor Flex System Lift Passenger side

Details:
I bought this RK 2.5 Flex System from Northridge last Nov to replace the Rubi take off suspension I installed on the Sahara Aug of last year. I used the same process I used to install the Rubi Take off and the RK instructions for the lift.

I checked PNs of the RK front springs RK07014 and rear springs RK07015 on both drvr and psngr sides and confirmed against RK website. I checked and confirmed rear spring correction seats installed correctly with psngr side being thicker than drvr side and thickest part of seats facing rear of vehicle.

I set front (9") and rear (12") sway bar links to RK recommended lengths and set adj. LCA and adj. front track bar length to RK recommended starting length plus a lit bit to compensate for .5 inch increased height of leveling spacers.
Sponsored

Stefano5777

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vm.tiktok.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Stingray)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
You have to allow time for the springs to settle. I would reach out to RK and ask for any guidance and let Northridge know about situation but will guess they will inform you to give springs time to settle. Also are your front sway bar links adjusted evenly and same length?

OP
OP

pitsqrd

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited, 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland, 1997 Porsche 993, 1978 911 SC 3.6 Restomod, 2017 F150, XLT
Occupation
Biz Dev
Vehicle Showcase
You have to allow time for the springs to settle. I would reach out to RK and ask for any guidance and let Northridge know about situation but will guess they will inform you to give springs time to settle. Also are your front sway bar links adjusted evenly and same length?
Yes front sway bar links are both set the same length.

Wondering if should have loosened the upper control arm bolts (front and rear) and then re-torque when weight of Jeep was sitting on springs and shocks. Maybe the rubber joints are bound up from dropping the axles to fit the taller springs, don't know.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Really stupid/ simple question: is it possible you put the springs in backward? I know some companies assign driver/ passenger springs with different coil rates, etc to deal with the torque from the spinning driveshaft. Not 100% sure if @Rock Krawler Suspension does that for the JL kits though.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the RK 2.5" Flex System w/ Fox IFP shocks and Teraflex .5 inch leveling spacers front and rear on my 2020 Sahara this last weekend and drvr side front is about 7/8" higher than front psngr side and about 1/2" higher on rear drvr side than rear psngr side (measured from top of tires to bottom lip of fender).

Also, sway bar on drvr side is higher than psngr side by about 1 1/4 - 1 1/2" which confirms drvr side lifted higher than psngr side.

I didn't have this issue (drvr side higher) on the Rubi take off suspension I previously installed, even though Rubi springs on drvr side were same length as psngr side (just like the RK kit).

Anyone have any ideas why drvr side is 7/8" higher than psnger side in the front and drvr side 1/2" higher than psngr side in the rear and or what I may have done wrong during install to cause this condition?

Drvr Side sway bar to axle (ref adj link set to 9") Psngr side sway bar to axle (adj. link set to 9")
Driver side.jpg
Passenger side.jpg

Details:
I bought this RK 2.5 Flex System from Northridge last Nov to replace the Rubi take off suspension I installed on the Sahara Aug of last year. I used the same process I used to install the Rubi Take off and the RK instructions for the lift.

I checked PNs of the RK front springs RK07014 and rear springs RK07015 on both drvr and psngr sides and confirmed against RK website. I checked and confirmed rear spring correction seats installed correctly with psngr side being thicker than drvr side and thickest part of seats facing rear of vehicle.

I set front (9") and rear (12") sway bar links to RK recommended lengths and set adj. LCA and adj. front track bar length to RK recommended starting length plus a lit bit to compensate for .5 inch increased height of leveling spacers.
Did you center front axle ? It might be the angle of pic, but it looks like springs are bowing in the same direction like the axle needs to go to passenger side. I would definitely loosen control arms and re torque while Jeep on the ground. Make sure your upper isolators are seated correctly. The RK springs are not side specific, but the Rubi springs you had in should have been, unless they sold you 2 drvs or 2 pass springs when you bought them. On mine I put a 1/2” on passenger front only to level it out. Chances are it will never be exactly level, but you should be able to get it closer.

Sponsored

OP
OP

pitsqrd

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Dev
Vehicle Showcase
The front springs have the same part number so no indication of drvr vs psngr side specific. Same with rear, no indication of drvr or psngr specific. However, the spring seats in the rear are drvr and psngr specific, which I confirmed are installed correctly. Psngr seat is .5" taller than drvr side, apparently to compensate for gas tank.

OP
OP

pitsqrd

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Dev
Vehicle Showcase
Did you center front axle ? It might be the angle of pic, but it looks like springs are bowing in the same direction like the axle needs to go to passenger side. I would definitely loosen control arms and re torque while Jeep on the ground. Make sure your upper isolators are seated correctly. The RK springs are not side specific, but the Rubi springs you had in should have been, unless they sold you 2 drvs or 2 pass springs when you bought them. On mine I put a 1/2” on passenger front only to level it out. Chances are it will never be exactly level, but you should be able to get it closer.
I'll check track bar setting and frnt axle centering again. I'll also recheck upper isolator seating, but from the top shock tower, I can see that the two indexing nubs are in the indexing holes.. I'm hoping that loosening the front and rear upper control arms sets this up correctly. I guess, I could also take the springs out and measure them to make sure they are the same height.

So you had to put 1/2" on the psngr of your RK lift to level it? Did you also have
sway bar at drvr side higher than psngr side prior to putting in the 1/2" spacer?

The Rubi take off suspension that I bought had 61/61 and 91/91 springs, same length side to side. Came off a Diesel hard top with tow package, but didn't have a problem getting OEM fixed length front sway bar links attached.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I'll check track bar setting and frnt axle centering again. I'll also recheck upper isolator seating, but from the top shock tower, I can see that the two indexing nubs are in the indexing holes.. I'm hoping that loosening the front and rear upper control arms sets this up correctly. I guess, I could also take the springs out and measure them to make sure they are the same height.

So you had to put 1/2" on the psngr of your RK lift to level it? Did you also have
sway bar at drvr side higher than psngr side prior to putting in the 1/2" spacer?

The Rubi take off suspension that I bought had 61/61 and 91/91 springs, same length side to side. Came off a Diesel hard top with tow package, but didn't have a problem getting OEM fixed length front sway bar links attached.
Yeah.... the 1/2” higher rear isolator wasn’t enough to level it out, so I put 1/2” in front to help it. I didn’t have any trouble with sway bar links. But I’m on the Xfactor and it has all 8 arms so I had a lot more of mine disassembled/loosened up. Is your Sahara a diesel ? If not, it was probably leaning with equal length springs in it, just probably wasn’t as noticeable. The gas tank weight, plus the 2 batteries are on that side as well.
Sponsored