P Felix

P Felix

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Has anyone tried installing the Kicker Hideaway in the JLU's cargo storage tub under the floor? Does it impact the sound? Would it overheat? Thanks! I don't want to install under my rear seat because i put them down often. I found JL seat risers to raise the front passenger seat but the underseat vents would still be obstructed. I think my only option is to hide the Hideaway in that cargo storage area. There is a video of someone installing it in a JKU but they didn't go into much detail of how it worked out.
Sounds like a tougher job, probably less effective bass and acoustic, might be an overheat issue since there will be virtually no air circulation , I imagine you would have to determine how you are going to route the red power wire to the engine compartment , the front 12v, speaker wire to the RS b pillar and find a ground near the compartment, seems tougher but doable. Alternative is to go with a smaller sub/amp combo and see if it fits under front passenger seat.
Sponsored

ignaurus13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
No grommet, I thought it was too tedious and after examining our Jeep, you can gain access to the engine compartment just below the right side pillar interior and right side fender with ease. I connected the red wire with a hangar and slid it through that small opening , carefully, so I wouldn’t damage the black sound deadening material/insulation. Pic 1 is circled where I shoved the hangar. Pic 2 is where it came out and pic 3 shows the wire leading to the battery terminal, I hope this helps. Sorry I took so long for a response.

4CEEFA2D-C78A-47E1-8652-B93562255C37.jpeg

D9F9C26F-3C5E-491F-AF18-2143CCAF13AC.png

67304CF5-2003-4D95-A53E-C42EB3972CF1.png
This is great. I recommend you post about this method as in one of the discussions on how to wire through the firewall! I have not seen anyone else post about this method!

Thanks!

ignaurus13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
Sounds like a tougher job, probably less effective bass and acoustic, might be an overheat issue since there will be virtually no air circulation , I imagine you would have to determine how you are going to route the red power wire to the engine compartment , the front 12v, speaker wire to the RS b pillar and find a ground near the compartment, seems tougher but doable. Alternative is to go with a smaller sub/amp combo and see if it fits under front passenger seat.
I spoke to Bubba, the maker of the video posted. He did the install on several jeeps and overheating wasn't a problem and it still sounded well. In fact they were very pleased with the location. I plan on running the power though a floor hole and under the jeep to the battery. I need to run a hitch harness under there anyways so I can do both at the same time. As for ground, I can ground it where the rear lights are or where the connections would have been for a rear OEM sub. As for the speaker wire, I will follow your method but won't use the blue remote wire. I just want the sub out of the way and out of sight.

OP
OP
P Felix

P Felix

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I spoke to Bubba, the maker of the video posted. He did the install on several jeeps and overheating wasn't a problem and it still sounded well. In fact they were very pleased with the location. I plan on running the power though a floor hole and under the jeep to the battery. I need to run a hitch harness under there anyways so I can do both at the same time. As for ground, I can ground it where the rear lights are or where the connections would have been for a rear OEM sub. As for the speaker wire, I will follow your method but won't use the blue remote wire. I just want the sub out of the way and out of sight.
Please let us know how it goes and what your final outcome is, very interested.

imikeb2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Wrangler JKU and 2020 Wrangler JL
Hi there. I was hoping someone could help... I’ve had and was happy with the kicker hideaway 8” for almost a year now in my wrangler. Simple install Amazing!!

I recently just got a deal on the hideaway 10”.

I unplugged the 8” and plugged the harness into the 10” under the driver seat and its just absolutely incredible. Crazy improvement, much more than I could have expected.

But now I want the 8” under the passenger seat.
My question is how is the dual setup recommended? Can I just tap into the wiring from the already installed hideaway
or
do I have to run all new wires to the head unit and another (2nd) the fuse line holder to the battery for the (2nd) hideaway?

Really hoping I could just splice into the wires already ran to the head unit and the battery... anyone know if is this even possible? Or how a dual kicker hideaway setup should go....

Sponsored

ignaurus13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
Hi there. I was hoping someone could help... I’ve had and was happy with the kicker hideaway 8” for almost a year now in my wrangler. Simple install Amazing!!

I recently just got a deal on the hideaway 10”.

I unplugged the 8” and plugged the harness into the 10” under the driver seat and its just absolutely incredible. Crazy improvement, much more than I could have expected.

But now I want the 8” under the passenger seat.
My question is how is the dual setup recommended? Can I just tap into the wiring from the already installed hideaway
or
do I have to run all new wires to the head unit and another (2nd) the fuse line holder to the battery for the (2nd) hideaway?

Really hoping I could just splice into the wires already ran to the head unit and the battery... anyone know if is this even possible? Or how a dual kicker hideaway setup should go....
You probably need to run new wires as the current gauge of wire isnt sized for twice the amperage of 2 devices.

LSguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
It's not recommended to run 2 different subs, you can try it but it may end up sounding off.

imikeb2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys. I was hoping it’d be super simple. But definitely seems like I’d need to run more wire or just forget about it all together and run one Hideaway.

imikeb2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If anyone was considering the Kicker 46HS10 hideaway it’s literally incredible.
I mean the difference between the 8 and the 10 is significant.
I was satisfied with the 8” hideaway but it was lacking in some areas.
The 10” is literally 5 times more clear and clean and deeper bass. Just awesome. Well worth the upgrade so much that I’m debating if I even need to use the 8” at all.

OP
OP
P Felix

P Felix

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The 10” is literally 5 times more clear and clean and deeper bass. Just awesome. Well worth the upgrade so much that I’m debating if I even need to use the 8” at all.
You have me interested, what did you pay for it?

Sponsored

imikeb2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HS10 retails $349. I made some offers on eBay. One was accepted for $270.

I ended up selling my used HS8 for $150 (I paid $170 about 10 months ago)

the difference between the two is crazy. Even today playing with the settings and gain, etc... my girlfriend literally hates the HS10. She actually tells me to turn the bass Knob down when she’s in the Jeep. It’s not bad bass. It’s just deep. And if I turn it way up. My rear view mirror rattles and the seats vibrate and everything if I wanna get it going. In comparison- when all the way up She never even knew I had the HS8 or complained about it.

basically. The HS8 sounded like I had a decent/premium stock sound system.
The HS10 is immediately like, ok... you’ve got some aftermarket audio running.

4doorturbo

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
Just bought a HS10. I am trying to figure out where I should mount the the bass knob. Where are you guys are mounting the remote bass knob?

OP
OP
P Felix

P Felix

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just bought a HS10. I am trying to figure out where I should mount the the bass knob. Where are you guys are mounting the remote bass knob?
Recommend running the cable with power source, into center stack and near the driver’s, foot well, for ease of access.

Platdaddy

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Recommend running the cable with power source, into center stack and near the driver’s, foot well, for ease of access.
Where did you mount it?

Platdaddy

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I installed the Kicker Hideaway subwoofer and amplifier combo today on my 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. Wow, it makes a significant difference and let’s you listen to your music with additional bass. Total time was 2 hours (mostly from figuring things out because there are no effective DIYs for such a simple job.) This is probably the best and easiest to install amplifier /subwoofer combo on the market for a fraction of the cost and space needed if you were to add a traditional amplifier and subwoofer. Tools used - screw driver, wire cutters/stripper, electrical tape, a pry tool, 1/4 inch drive ratchet, socket, hanger, velcro, scissors, razor blade.

Step 1- place Kicker Hideaway under Right rear passenger seat. Run already packaged quick connect plug red wire along the right seam of the floor. Use a pry tool to lift and push along the seem until you reach the A pillar.

Pic 1 depicts running red positive wire

Step 2- run the red wire up the pillar in between the plastic mold and frame of the car, take out the small panel where the door latch is to assist in running the wire (seen in pic 4) up the pillar.

Pic 2 depicts sliding wire under frame with pry tool.

Pic 3

Depicts direction of running red positive wire to battery.

Pic 4 depicts where the wire will leave the cabin and into the engine compartment.

Step 3- run the wire using a hanger down the seam of the engine compartment and connect to battery positive terminal.

Pic 5- shows where to run the wire in the engine bay.

Pic 6- red wire connected to battery terminal.

Step 4- connect speaker wires from the Kicker terminal to the Soundbar left and right speaker wires by accessing the Right B pillar door latch. Connect all speaker wires, use Velcro to ensure wire discipline. Put back latch when complete.

Hideaway speaker wires are-

White is Left +

White/Black is Left –

Grey is Right +

Grey/Black Right –

to

Gray/light green is Left +

Gray/dark teen is left -

Dark green/light green is right +

Dark green/gray is right -

Next connect the black ground wire by using a supplied screw point underneath the carpet by pulling up on the passenger plastic molding , lift the carpet, and reveal the screw. Next, tuck in your excess wires here before running the quick connect to the Hideaway connect point.

Pic 7- Depicts connecting hideaway speaker wire to soundbar speaker wire.

Step 5- run the blue remote wire the same way you ran the red wire but instead, run it to the 12v cigarette lighter, in the front panel. Remember if you don’t connect the remote wire the amplifier will always stay on and it will drain your battery over night, connect it to the front 12v because it will use the signal from it to turn on and turn off. The other 12v in the rear is always on. The front only turns on when the ignition is on, which is exactly what you want your amplifier to do. Take out glove compartment and AC control panel, unscrew top of the bottom panel where the 12v connector is and unlatch the top two connectors, pull gently, and if you have a manual, place in 2nd gear to give you room. Snake the wire from the glove compartment up to the center stack and to the back of the 12v connections are. Tuck wire in the glove compartment, use Velcro for wire discipline. Connect the blue remote wire to the pink and yellow wire (FYSA- I searched for hours on the internet to find which wire to use of the 3, nothing was found, so I intelligently guessed to use the pink wire and was right). Use Velcro for wire discipline, put the top two disconnects for the panel back and put the screw back in, reconnect and place your AC panel back in. Put back glove compartment and B pillar access panel.

Pic 8 depicts blue remote wire connected to 12v. The blue remote wire from the kicker was not long enough so I used some old speaker wire to reach the 12v plug in the front.

Step 6

A-Place kicker auto turn on to 12v

B-Input level to high

C- Phase to 0

D- Base boost all the way counter clockwise

E- x over freq arrow center

F- gain all the way counter clockwise

Plug in the Kicker quick access connector and Start your badass Jeep, put on a song that you like that demonstrates high and low base, I prefer gangster rap for this demonstration, and adjust accordingly. Turn off your Jeep to make sure the amplifier turns off as well. Enjoy listening to your music. Earlier I replaced all speaker with Kickers, except I added the SSV soundbar 6 1/2 inch adaptor and added Sony speaker to the Soundbar. For under 500 dollars I completely transformed my Jeep and now can enjoy what the base factory system does not offer.

Notes-

A- you do not need a line out converter [LOC]

B- at the end of the red wire, don’t forget to install the 15 fuse, the Hideaway comes with one.

C- secure your hideaway using the supplied Velcro

D- cost of the Kicker Hideaway 8 was 280 (got mine at Best Buy), but I saw some refurbished one on eBay for under 200.

E6412B6B-B262-47C8-AFC9-389589C4B42A.jpeg

EC8436C6-423E-4EC1-8FDE-884563D87B47.jpeg

690FC90B-9373-42FD-8142-49428CA5BA59.jpeg

EF11BB59-10CB-48CD-B3BF-DC10E520E4AD.jpeg

23B03A29-21B0-493C-B3A0-8C5A9399E8D5.jpeg

EA2103C5-6C8B-4113-A050-D893843A8B70.jpeg

58879452-9F58-4416-857C-1EB764B422EA.jpeg

8E9BD4CB-7A65-4586-BC7A-403DE6EA6B9E.jpeg
Nice. Curious, do the rear seats still fold down flat? It looks like my seats (2019 JL 4 dr) go all the way down to the floor when folded forward.
Sponsored