Installation Guide: Mopar JL Remote Start Kit and Trailer Harness Kit

broncoman2000

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 1985 Nissan 720 Pickup 4x4
Any chance to get this as a pdf? I'm fixing to do the trailer wiring this weekend and I'd love to print this out to have as a guide.

Sponsored

J.R.

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite Crystal Metallic
After reading the guide, it appears adding remote start is not DIY due to the reprogramming that is necessary. Dealer quoted $950 for parts and installation.

NO51

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
anyone have remote start part number?

Mojito Sport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2020 JLU Sport S 2015 Transit 250
Occupation
HVAC Field Supervisor
I don’t have power locks... just the good old fashioned do it yourself locks. Am I out of luck when it comes to adding remote start? I don’t mind manually locking and unlocking doors, but having a nice warm Jeep to jump into in the dead of winter is another thing....

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
Can anyone tell me if I can put this in at home, drive to the dealer and have the two new keys programmed?

NO51

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Can anyone tell me if I can put this in at home, drive to the dealer and have the two new keys programmed?
I’m am not sure I had one installed yesterday they charged me 288

Sponsored

zomatic

First Name
Zoilo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara Unlimited
Once new module is installed, how will it recognize original fobs to start Jeep?
Did you find the answer to your question? I just installed mine and it’s not recognizing any of the FOBs, so I guess I’m in the same dilemma...

AZpueblo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, '22 JLUR 4xe
Did you find the answer to your question? I just installed mine and it’s not recognizing any of the FOBs, so I guess I’m in the same dilemma...
This is the part where you need to get the dealer service Dept involved as it requires programming to add the 2 new Remote start FOBs as well as re-adding the old non-rem start FOBs too (so you'll end up with 4 keys for the Jeep).

Dealer has to add the Remote start sales code (XBM) to your VIN in the FCA vehicle database and then the service tech will get a 4 digit PIN password so that he can reprogram the new module you installed for the 4 remotes.

I ordered the remote start too, since my new JLUR didn't have it. What you need to do is partially disassemble the rear, but you can't put in the new module yet or you won't be able to start the car, as your current remotes are not programmed to the new module yet. Drive to the dealer service bay, swap in the new module, then let the tech do his magic. I've already arranged this with my dealer in advance so when my parts come in, I basically have to install it in the parking lot since I won't be able to start the car once I put in the new module.

kacper244

First Name
Kacper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S, 2016 VW Jetta, 1993 Wrangler YJ (Sold)
This is the part where you need to get the dealer service Dept involved as it requires programming to add the 2 new Remote start FOBs as well as re-adding the old non-rem start FOBs too (so you'll end up with 4 keys for the Jeep).

Dealer has to add the Remote start sales code (XBM) to your VIN in the FCA vehicle database and then the service tech will get a 4 digit PIN password so that he can reprogram the new module you installed for the 4 remotes.

I ordered the remote start too, since my new JLUR didn't have it. What you need to do is partially disassemble the rear, but you can't put in the new module yet or you won't be able to start the car, as your current remotes are not programmed to the new module yet. Drive to the dealer service bay, swap in the new module, then let the tech do his magic. I've already arranged this with my dealer in advance so when my parts come in, I basically have to install it in the parking lot since I won't be able to start the car once I put in the new module.
I'm looking to order the kit myself too. How much did the dealer charge you to do the programming if you don't mind answering?

AZpueblo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, '22 JLUR 4xe
I'm looking to order the kit myself too. How much did the dealer charge you to do the programming if you don't mind answering?
My Dealer charged me $99 for the programming. The tech also finished the module installation and reassembled the plastic panels in the back for me (he didn't have to, but I appreciated it). So from the factory, the remote start option is $495, but as a DIY, it was $380 total...and I now have 4 Jeep remotes now (the 2 original and 2 w/rem start button).
Sponsored