Sponsored

Installation Guide: Mopar JL Remote Start Kit and Trailer Harness Kit

kacper244

First Name
Kacper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S, 2016 VW Jetta, 1993 Wrangler YJ (Sold)
My Dealer charged me $99 for the programming. The tech also finished the module installation and reassembled the plastic panels in the back for me (he didn't have to, but I appreciated it). So from the factory, the remote start option is $495, but as a DIY, it was $380 total...and I now have 4 Jeep remotes now (the 2 original and 2 w/rem start button).
Thanks for the reply! I got quoted $585 for labor to do the whole installation and programming and $395 for the kit by my dealer. :surprised: Iā€™m going to order the kit myself online, cheapest one I found is $310. And then ask them, or a different dealer if they could just program it. Where did you get yours, it seems that you got it cheaper than $310?
Sponsored

AZpueblo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, '22 JLUR 4xe
Thanks for the reply! I got quoted $585 for labor to do the whole installation and programming and $395 for the kit by my dealer. :surprised: Iā€™m going to order the kit myself online, cheapest one I found is $310. And then ask them, or a different dealer if they could just program it. Where did you get yours, it seems that you got it cheaper than $310?
I like BAM Wholesale, a dealer out of Ohio. (https://www.bamwholesaleparts.com ). They always seem to have the most reasonable prices. I've bought a few things from them now. Note that the Remote Start kit will take about 3-4 weeks (which is longer than most parts) because it takes the extra time for the factory to custom cut the key fob physical key fobs, based on your VIN (BAM will email you for that). I paid 280 for my kit. Super easy install and works so fine (especially here in AZ where we've had some really hot days!)

catang5oh

First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Cherokee
I removed all the interior panels, installed the antenna and took loose the stock RF unit but left it plugged in. Dealer charged $125 to plug in and bolt down new RF unit and program the fobs. Kit was $395 and took a month to get delivered.

JaayyyeeeE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
For those that bought the mopar kit. Do you happen to know what the part number is for the rf module and antenna?

Oddly enough my JL came with remote start key fobs but no remote start (I suspect it was rekeyed at some point or maybe they ran out of regular keyfobs ā€:CWL:). Thanks!

scottedontknow

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 YJ, 95 YJ, 2019 JLU x2
I like BAM Wholesale, a dealer out of Ohio. (https://www.bamwholesaleparts.com ). They always seem to have the most reasonable prices. I've bought a few things from them now. Note that the Remote Start kit will take about 3-4 weeks (which is longer than most parts) because it takes the extra time for the factory to custom cut the key fob physical key fobs, based on your VIN (BAM will email you for that). I paid 280 for my kit. Super easy install and works so fine (especially here in AZ where we've had some really hot days!)
So when you bought the kit from them and entered your VIN at checkout, they sent you the full kit AND the keys were already cut?!?!?!?!?? did you need anything in addition to the kit (other than the dealer reprogram)

Sponsored

AZpueblo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, '22 JLUR 4xe
So when you bought the kit from them and entered your VIN at checkout, they sent you the full kit AND the keys were already cut?!?!?!?!?? did you need anything in addition to the kit (other than the dealer reprogram)
Correct. The kit will be a small box with the replacement remote start module with the appropriate 2 new key fobs (they have the additional remote start button) and the metal key will be precut to work in your locks (doors, glovebox, tailgate, etc). That's why they need your VIN, so the keys will come precut for your particular vehicle. Then simply bring it to dealer for install & reprogram. The module is so easy to replace, takes only a few min, but the reprogram is dealer only, as vehicle security is involved.

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
I bought the Start-X remote starter kit off of Amazon for $150. It was a very easy install of the parts. Then I had to use a Windows based computer with Internet explorer to program it which was a little bit of a learning curve but only took 10 minutes. It uses the original key fob you just press the lock button three times and it starts remotely. Works excellent and I would absolutely recommend it.

scottedontknow

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought the Start-X remote starter kit off of Amazon for $150. It was a very easy install of the parts. Then I had to use a Windows based computer with Internet explorer to program it which was a little bit of a learning curve but only took 10 minutes. It uses the original key fob you just press the lock button three times and it starts remotely. Works excellent and I would absolutely recommend it.
I did look at that kit but you don't get all the cool factory integration! I love that the remote start will turn on the AC or heat depending on weather outside. It will also turn on the defrosters and heated seats : )

scottedontknow

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Correct. The kit will be a small box with the replacement remote start module with the appropriate 2 new key fobs (they have the additional remote start button) and the metal key will be precut to work in your locks (doors, glovebox, tailgate, etc). That's why they need your VIN, so the keys will come precut for your particular vehicle. Then simply bring it to dealer for install & reprogram. The module is so easy to replace, takes only a few min, but the reprogram is dealer only, as vehicle security is involved.
Just ordered my kit!!! I wish I could program them using my Jscan like i did for my radio/AC controls haha!

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
It will run the air conditioning or the heater at the last setting that it was on. So you have to have in your mind what the weathers gonna be like when you get back in it and just leave the settings ready to go. My thing was I didnā€™t want a second remote control and the fact that this integrates with the factory remote and the low price is what sold me on it. Iā€™m very happy with it.

Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer šŸ˜‚
I did look at that kit but you don't get all the cool factory integration! I love that the remote start will turn on the AC or heat depending on weather outside. It will also turn on the defrosters and heated seats : )
I think it depends on your AC controls, those of us that have manual AC can just leave it on whatever setting they want when they remote start it the next time.

DusanJL

First Name
DuŔan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLR, 2.0, Granite
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered my kit!!! I wish I could program them using my Jscan like i did for my radio/AC controls haha!
Hi scottedontknow,

Did you manage to program it using Jscan or you had to ask your dealer?
I am thinking of doing it myself, if it's possible, as my dealer here in Europe have absolutely no clue about even possibility of adding remote start. Actually, they said it is impossible to add it if it hasn't come with it. Lol.

braddyg

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Willys Sport
I know this is an old thread, but is it possible to get this if you have manual locks from the factory?

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
Just had dealer add remote start to my ā€˜22 JLUR.
No module. Literally just 2 new keys that need to be programmed

gsbrockman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Plus A8 & F8 Green
Occupation
Owner / Operator Brockman Hauling, LLC
Vehicle Showcase
Just had dealer add remote start to my ā€˜22 JLUR.
No module. Literally just 2 new keys that need to be programmed
The dealer also has to enable the remote start sales code (XBM) within the BCM.

When I had mine installed...the technician was able to allow all four fobs to work...itā€™s just that two of them were remote start capable.
Sponsored

Last edited: