Sponsored

Installation Guide: Mopar JL Remote Start Kit and Trailer Harness Kit

Bulldog4xFour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ5, 2022 JLUS 4xe, 2022 JT Mojave
Just had dealer add remote start to my ‘22 JLUR.
No module. Literally just 2 new keys that need to be programmed
What did it cost you for the new keys and reprogramming? I looking to added remote start to my 22 JT.
Sponsored

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
Resurrecting an old thread… where does the new remote start receiver get installed to replace the original one? I don’t mind paying a dealer for programming, so I don’t have an extra remote for remote start. A nearby dealer quoted me $450 for labor to install and program but it drops to $150 to just program the keys; I’m trying to see if I can install the receiver in the parking lot right before I have them program the keys.

AZpueblo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, '22 JLUR 4xe
Resurrecting an old thread… where does the new remote start receiver get installed to replace the original one? I don’t mind paying a dealer for programming, so I don’t have an extra remote for remote start. A nearby dealer quoted me $450 for labor to install and program but it drops to $150 to just program the keys; I’m trying to see if I can install the receiver in the parking lot right before I have them program the keys.
The receiver hub is located behind the plastic panel in the very left rear corner in the back (near where the sports bar is attached to the bed). However, since it's not programmed to the car yet, as soon as you swap it out, the Jeep will not run (the body computer will detect the unprogrammed module). But it's so easy to access, I just left the plastic interior cover off and my dealer simply swapped it out (two 10mm bolts and 2 connectors, takes 1 min to swap and he replaced the covers for me too!), then programmed it into the vehicle. Then added the 2 new keys as well as the original 2 FOBs, so I have 4 FOBs for the Jeep! Good to go. Also, dealer charged me $99 for all the programming (they didn't charge to swap the module as it's a 1 min, no-brainer).

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
The receiver hub is located behind the plastic panel in the very left rear corner in the back (near where the sports bar is attached to the bed). However, since it's not programmed to the car yet, as soon as you swap it out, the Jeep will not run (the body computer will detect the unprogrammed module). But it's so easy to access, I just left the plastic interior cover off and my dealer simply swapped it out (two 10mm bolts and 2 connectors, takes 1 min to swap and he replaced the covers for me too!), then programmed it into the vehicle. Then added the 2 new keys as well as the original 2 FOBs, so I have 4 FOBs for the Jeep! Good to go. Also, dealer charged me $99 for all the programming (they didn't charge to swap the module as it's a 1 min, no-brainer).
Got it - thanks!

Sponsored

au176

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Islander, 2014 HD Road King
Sorry to resurrect agin, but do you know how this "receives" the signal from the remote fobs? Does it use the radio antenna, or is it just "the box" receiving the signal?

It seems to me that my range isn't as good since I switched out my radio antenna to a shorter one. I could just be imagining things though.

AZpueblo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, '22 JLUR 4xe
The remote start antenna is located in the rear corner near the module. So it's not related to the Radio antenna on the right front fender.

SBLACK502

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
I believe on the 2020 and up the module is already in the car for remote start. You don’t have to replace anything. All you have to do is buy the new key fobs have the dealer program the keys and add the sales code to the computer . Keys fobs are like $350 vin specific and my dealer charges $75 to program keys and add sales code.
Sponsored