Sponsored

Installation experience of Shrockworks rock sliders

Fast-n-Furious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392 XR
So I wanted to share my experience with installing the Shrockworks JL rock sliders. I've done a world of research on sliders for my 392 XR, because I wanted something beefy, practical, and great looking. After comparing all the body mounted ones and the real frame mounted ones, I chose Shrockworks with the dimpled tread plate (can be used side steps for my little kids and) and black powder coating (would match my black Jeep better than the textured coating). It took 6 weeks to be delivered and I was not in a hurry at all.

There are not a lot details on these sliders, I found these references that helped make up my mind:
- Installed Shrockworks Rock Sliders on my JLURD
- Shrockworks or Lod Signature
- Rock Sliders: This or That....Opinions Wanted
- Shrockworks Step/Sliders - Install notes (From the JT forum)
- Pictures and More pictures (From the JT forum)

The fitment to my 392 is not that good, I thought I could get them installed in 30 minutes with just a few bolts. It ended up taking me a few hours to struggle with the alignment of the opening holes as well as one angled brackets (with welded bolts to use for side and welded nut for bottom). I think it's because the 392 has reinforced metal plates inside the frame wall, the angled brackets couldn't align with the hole on side and the bottom hole. So I couldn't just slide in the front end. I managed to get the driver side installed after grinding the openings and spray painting the cut as well for rust proof.

When installing the passenger side, I had to grind the base of a welded bolt on the frame near the front opening where you'll insert the angle bracket, otherwise the slider would not flush with the side surface of the frame. Also impossible to slide in the side bolt. The same issue with the angle bracket that you'll fish into the frame through bigger/longer opening. I ended up only using the bracket with the screw welded to secure the slider so it held there, and bought a locking washer separately to tighten the bottom hole. Glad there's a bigger hole at the bottom of the frame next to the mounting hole that I could use to insert the locking washer and nut.

Very solid sliders, the shipment is over 100lb. And I torqued the bolts to their specs also double checked after driving for a few days. Kids loved the sliders. Not as wide as other side steps, but I like the look a lot!

Jeep Wrangler JL Installation experience of Shrockworks rock sliders IMG_1581.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Installation experience of Shrockworks rock sliders IMG_1585

Jeep Wrangler JL Installation experience of Shrockworks rock sliders IMG_1615

Jeep Wrangler JL Installation experience of Shrockworks rock sliders IMG_1596

Jeep Wrangler JL Installation experience of Shrockworks rock sliders IMG_1616

Jeep Wrangler JL Installation experience of Shrockworks rock sliders IMG_1625

Jeep Wrangler JL Installation experience of Shrockworks rock sliders IMG_1624

Jeep Wrangler JL Installation experience of Shrockworks rock sliders IMG_1633

Jeep Wrangler JL Installation experience of Shrockworks rock sliders IMG_1634

Jeep Wrangler JL Installation experience of Shrockworks rock sliders IMG_1631
Sponsored

SparkleTooth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stellantis SUCKS
I installed their rails on my 4Runner (By myself), and it was a huge PITA. Really good product but definitely was a 2 person job. Had to lower my gas tank, drill additional holes in the frame, fish those goofy nuts through the inside of the frame, use a bottle jack and jack stands as an extra set of hands. Overall they looked great but I wouldn't do it again.

Anyway those look great on the 392. Well Done.

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Looks good! On my list for sure.

azwjowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL; 2004 WJ (sold but never forgotten)
I purchased their 2 door sliders and they wouldn't fit my Jeep. Very nice folks who tried to be helpful when I heard from them, but it was like pulling teeth to get them to respond - lots of follow-ups. After 4 months, a replacement being shipped (that didn't fit either), their admission that they probably didn't have the tolerances correct for 2 doors, and filing a chargeback because they dragged their feet to process a refund, I closed that saga. I'm running the Mopar performance rails for now.

OP
OP
Fast-n-Furious

Fast-n-Furious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392 XR
I installed their rails on my 4Runner (By myself), and it was a huge PITA. Really good product but definitely was a 2 person job. Had to lower my gas tank, drill additional holes in the frame, fish those goofy nuts through the inside of the frame, use a bottle jack and jack stands as an extra set of hands. Overall they looked great but I wouldn't do it again.

Anyway those look great on the 392. Well Done.
Oh man I tried to avoid drilling and was scared of the mount mount bolts... Shrockworks look really good but they can definitely use a better mounting design. I even considered going to a local welding shop. Glad it worked out.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Fast-n-Furious

Fast-n-Furious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392 XR
Looks good! On my list for sure.
I like that they use DOM tubing and the powder coating seems to be very durable. I considered the LOD and White Knuckle ones, but don't want any of their logos on the sliders. Shrockworks sliders fit my bill very well and they are reasonably priced.

OP
OP
Fast-n-Furious

Fast-n-Furious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392 XR
I purchased their 2 door sliders and they wouldn't fit my Jeep. Very nice folks who tried to be helpful when I heard from them, but it was like pulling teeth to get them to respond - lots of follow-ups. After 4 months, a replacement being shipped (that didn't fit either), their admission that they probably didn't have the tolerances correct for 2 doors, and filing a chargeback because they dragged their feet to process a refund, I closed that saga. I'm running the Mopar performance rails for now.
I could totally feel your pain man. I emailed them initially with lots questions but never heard back. I did call them and talked to Mark if I remember correctly, nice guy. Wish their fitment issue can be improved. Otherwise really nice/strong sliders.

Mopar performance rails in my opinion look very nice and function very well as steps and they are lighter.

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
I like that they use DOM tubing and the powder coating seems to be very durable. I considered the LOD and White Knuckle ones, but don't want any of their logos on the sliders. Shrockworks sliders fit my bill very well and they are reasonably priced.
I am fairly certain with White-Knuckle, you can request to leave the logo off. I have heard too many issues with LOD to consider them. I had not heard of issues with the Schrockworks, but then again there aren't many people running them I've seen on the forums. I'll end up with the White-Knuckle since they are actually cheaper and the install looks better/easier than most I've seen. At least based on videos.

At least they're installed for you now though and you won't have to deal with it again! And they look great!

azwjowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL; 2004 WJ (sold but never forgotten)
I could totally feel your pain man. I emailed them initially with lots questions but never heard back. I did call them and talked to Mark if I remember correctly, nice guy. Wish their fitment issue can be improved. Otherwise really nice/strong sliders.

Mopar performance rails in my opinion look very nice and function very well as steps and they are lighter.
Thanks. Your photos look nice. Too bad I couldn't get that. I mostly dealt with Justin, but also Mark. They were always saying the right things, but they would fall unresponsive for weeks at a time and I'd have to press them to do anything. They are probably just overwhelmed.

I actually use my sliders offroad, but as a last resort to protect the body rather than intentionally scraping on them just to tackle an obstacle, so the Mopar may be all I need. I was a bit scared off any non-OEM options after my Shrockworks experience. I'll have to see.

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
I am fairly certain with White-Knuckle, you can request to leave the logo off. I have heard too many issues with LOD to consider them. I had not heard of issues with the Schrockworks, but then again there aren't many people running them I've seen on the forums. I'll end up with the White-Knuckle since they are actually cheaper and the install looks better/easier than most I've seen. At least based on videos.

At least they're installed for you now though and you won't have to deal with it again! And they look great!
What kind of issues with LOD? I run them on my current and last jeep, curious what you’ve found?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Fast-n-Furious

Fast-n-Furious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392 XR

I seriously looked at white-knuckle sliders. Their design with the kick-out curve near rear could be very helpful at rock crawling. I just think they may not result the final look/feel I wanted.

Many folks on the jeep392 forum chose LOD destroyer sliders. They are not true frame mount and too close to the door panel when flexed. I remember seeing posted pictures on this forum of damaged body areas around the pinch seam. I prefer Shrockworks for their one piece simple structure.

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
I seriously looked at white-knuckle sliders. Their design with the kick-out curve near rear could be very helpful at rock crawling. I just think they may not result the final look/feel I wanted.

Many folks on the jeep392 forum chose LOD destroyer sliders. They are not true frame mount and too close to the door panel when flexed. I remember seeing posted pictures on this forum of damaged body areas around the pinch seam. I prefer Shrockworks for their one piece simple structure.
The LOD Signatures (frame mounted DOM) are what you’d look at if white knuckle and shrockworks are points of comparison, not the destroyers. LOD will tell you that the Signatures are meant for rock bashing, the destroyers less so.

OP
OP
Fast-n-Furious

Fast-n-Furious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392 XR
The LOD Signatures (frame mounted DOM) are what you’d look at if white knuckle and shrockworks are points of comparison, not the destroyers. LOD will tell you that the Signatures are meant for rock bashing, the destroyers less so.
You are right. I did look into the LOD Signatures a while ago. They only offer textured coating and I wanted semi-gloss powder coating to match my black exterior.
Sponsored