Sponsored

Install XR fender flares

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
thanks; didn't realize you were talking about just the extensions when you responded to mjazas post about wider fenders.

that's an absurd price. for that kind of money i can get a complete set of Hi-Line fenders and the XR Spats (and did).

almost wish i would have found the EZ Flares before!

I don't remember. But right after the XR kit was announced and before you could get the fender extensions there was a canadian company selling a fender extension that was about an extra inch wider than Jeep's extensions and attached in the same way... but they were $600-$800 IIRC. Its so expensive I didn't pay much attention to it. I just remember British Columbia jeep groups discussing them. Just google and look for them, I don't remember who it was otherwise I would have said yada yada company makes one.

cfree

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ
Can you install fender flare extensions with aftermarket inner fenders?

Santiago

First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willy’s Unlimited Sport
So I want to put these on my 2021 Jeep Wrangler Willy’s Unlimited Sport but I noticed that the website where you get the xr fender flares says that you need to do some trimming for the rear fender flares if your model doesn’t come with high fender flares. By any chance does anyone know to what point they trimmed the xr rear fender flare and what tool they used without scratching or messing up the xr fender flare plastic?

Chrismeece74

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Freedom Unlimited
So I want to put these on my 2021 Jeep Wrangler Willy’s Unlimited Sport but I noticed that the website where you get the xr fender flares says that you need to do some trimming for the rear fender flares if your model doesn’t come with high fender flares. By any chance does anyone know to what point they trimmed the xr rear fender flare and what tool they used without scratching or messing up the xr fender flare plastic?
You can trim them but you don't have to, read through this thread others have installed them without trimming and have pretty good writeups of how they did it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Childredb123

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon Unlimited 2021
I just did this mod in about 30 min. Thanks for the great write up.

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
Ok, I currently run EZ Flares XL and they are great, zero complaints. But out of sheer curiosity, since I have the lower non-rubi fenders, I just ordered a set of these to install in the spring…🤷‍♂️ Why not give ‘em a try? I’ll report back once installed and give an unbiased comparison between the two.

Jeep Wrangler JL Install XR fender flares 4DC658E5-CC99-4416-A166-7F578D52E967

Last edited:

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, I currently run EZ Flares XL and they are great, zero complaints. But out of sheer curiosity, since I have the lower non-rubi fenders, I just ordered a set of these to install in the spring…🤷‍♂️ Why not give ‘em a try? I’ll report back once installed and give an unbiased comparison between the two.

4DC658E5-CC99-4416-A166-7F578D52E967.jpeg
Please let us know when you receive and install them. I know I'd love to hear about the install, fit and finish. *I've been debating on installing a set of the OEM Rubicon ones that I acquired, but the rivet holes don't line up and the rears don't fit that well. I am sure I could modify them to fit, however for the cost, and the simplicity of installation, I may just pick up a set of these. Hopefully they are of good quality and are as they say-made for the non Rubicon fenders. (I have a MOAB).

I did see that there may be an issue with shipping. "This item cannot be shipped to your selected delivery location. Please choose a different delivery location." Not sure what that is about??

Last edited:

Sponsored

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please let us know when you receive and install them. I know I'd love to hear about the install, fit and finish. *I've been debating on installing a set of the OEM Rubicon ones that I acquired, but the rivet holes don't line up and the rears don't fit that well. I am sure I could modify them to fit, however for the cost, and the simplicity of installation, I may just pick up a set of these. Hopefully they are of good quality and are as they say-made for the non Rubicon fenders. (I have a MOAB).

I did see that they may be an issue with shipping. "This item cannot be shipped to your selected delivery location. Please choose a different delivery location." Not sure what that is about??
Yeah, I didn’t see the shipping issue thingy. But I guess we’ll see. 👍

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I didn’t see the shipping issue thingy. But I guess we’ll see. 👍
Yeah it's a little odd. I've never had an issue with shipping here to the west coast. However that pesky shipping message shows up in red on the Amazon page. Here is a photo-
Jeep Wrangler JL Install XR fender flares Screenshot_20230204_191541

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah it's a little odd. I've never had an issue with shipping here to the west coast. However that pesky shipping message shows up in red on the Amazon page. Here is a photo-
Screenshot_20230204_191541.jpg
Are you on the Canadian site? 🤷‍♂️
Use the US one… my cost was $79…
I think the original link in this thread was for Amazon.ca or something.

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Are you on the Canadian site? 🤷‍♂️
Use the US one… my cost was $79…
I think the original link in this thread was for Amazon.ca or something.
Yep-I just clicked on the original link. That must have been the problem. Thanks!

Chrismeece74

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Freedom Unlimited

I did see that they may be an issue with shipping. "This item cannot be shipped to your selected delivery location. Please choose a different delivery location." Not sure what that is about??
Try this link, it's from Amazon US.
Front & Rear Fender Liner Fender Trim Extension Protector for 2018-2023 Jeep Wrangler JL JLU 4 Pcs https://a.co/d/9NFooeh
Sponsored