msb

First Name
Spenser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
You can run the Sunrider for Hard Top without the hard top? Will it still flip back and function as a Sunrider? This would be pretty interesting to see if you have any photos of it being demo'd with your JLUR in the shop there.

You will need to remove this top to take the hardtop off. It's a quick 20 min or so uninstall. you can run it without the hardtop as well.

CassieAtBestop
Sponsored

Cyclone88

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2012 JK Sport, 2013 Mini Countryman
Vehicle Showcase
The NX is nice...but any word on if/when the Trektop Pro will be available? I'm assuming mid 2019 at best at this point.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
For a good look at the Sunrider for JL in action go to minute mark 2:11 of this video and start watching...

Attn: Bestop Management: This gal should be doing commercials/informational's for Bestop!

@BestopTeam

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You will need to remove this top to take the hardtop off. It's a quick 20 min or so uninstall. you can run it without the hardtop as well.

CassieAtBestop

@BestopTeam

Do you have a pdf with install instructions, in regard to the Sunrider for Hardtop for JL ?

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Are they also going to do a trektop glide?
In the other thread, it sounds like they aren't certain they will make the Glide for the JL. I'm not sure why, unless FCA doesn't want Bestop to step on their toes, since the factory top is now functioning like a Glide. Maybe there is some kind of business arrangement whereby FCA now wants to keep the rights to the easy folding top?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
https://www.bestop.com/sunrider-for-hardtop-jl-wrangler

Relatively painless pre-order process... but it took me 3-4 attempts before I was successful... So here are my learnings to make your process easier.

Call their main line at 800-845-3567 the menu won't give any options that sound like a sales rep, but hit option 4... The only person there that was helpful and knew how to process the preorder was Amy. You could also just hit 0 like 5-10 times and get the operator and then ask for Amy. Don't tell the operator that you are looking for a pre-order or you will get sent into a hold loop.

They take down all your info, and will call for payment as soon as it comes in and your request will be filled before everyone else... Good luck!

@msb
Thanks for the info. Your succinct info, directed me right to "Amy", whom I talked with.

I pressed option #4 and then asked to speak to "Amy in Sales".. She was busy when I called but got back to me within 10 min. of my call.

Amy was a pleasure to deal with, she represented Bestop well!

I did pre-order the Sunrider for JL in the twill fabric.

Only took a couple of minutes on the phone. Amy took all necessary info, accept for charge card info. When they are ready to ship, she will call me back and get my CC info.

@BestopTeam

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I plan on keeping my black in color, Alien Sunshade in place and installing the Sunrider for Hardtop for the JL right above it. Looks like there will be no issues doing this other then I will not be able to just reach up and flip the Sunrider top to open position. I will have to open the two latches on the Sunrider and then from outside, flip the Sunrider open. To close the Sunrider, I will flip closed from the outside and then go inside and fasten the 2 latches.

karynm8621

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
You could be right. But, the trektop would still be different from the OEM as it's a fastback style

In the other thread, it sounds like they aren't certain they will make the Glide for the JL. I'm not sure why, unless FCA doesn't want Bestop to step on their toes, since the factory top is now functioning like a Glide. Maybe there is some kind of business arrangement whereby FCA now wants to keep the rights to the easy folding top?

Sponsored

msb

First Name
Spenser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
For a good look at the Sunrider for JL in action go to minute mark 2:11 of this video and start watching...

Attn: Bestop Management: This gal should be doing commercials/informational's for Bestop!

@BestopTeam
Whaaaaaa how'd she get one already haha

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)