First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Occupation
Army (Ret), Fed Guy
I have a 2021 Wrangler Rubicon with the 3.6L V6 and the Mopar dual exhaust P5160244AA. It's very close to a Borla and the sound was just too rice burner for me.

Added a
Vibrant 1141 2.5" Ultra Quiet Resonator
using
EVIL ENERGY 2.5 Inch 2 1/2 Butt Joint Exhaust Band Clamp Sleeve Stainless Steel 2pcs
and added a bit of this exhaust sealer (thin coating on pipes)
EVIL ENERGY 2.5 Inch 2 1/2 Butt Joint Exhaust Band Clamp Sleeve Stainless Steel 2pcs

Super easy to do. Carefully place the resonator as close to the place I thought it would go (there's a perfect place in the pipe just before the forward bend. Measured and doubled checked a few times. The placement is perfectly straight on the pipes despite the top of the picture looking like it's curing. Cut the exhaust in place with a 6" heavy metal Sawzall blade and installed the entire thing in 20 minutes.

It's fantastic!!! Has a wonderful tone, not overbearing, no drone, etc. It's exactly what I was looking for. I cannot take credit for the resonator, someone else on the board suggested it but using band clamps made this a super easy self-install. No leaks and I checked the bolts about a week later and all is good.

Jeep Wrangler JL Inserted a Exhaust Resonator = Life is good again 20210406_101227
Sponsored

Last edited: