Sponsored

Insane Used Jeep pricing.

FrostySerb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR/2017 Ram 2500 Mega-Cab LongHorn Cummins
Now is the worst time to buy anything ... all these folks with fake free money that has a timeline too it buying stuff they have no responsible business buying ... matched with material shortages its the perfect storm ...
I went to pickup my Waverunner from service and just took a look around ... every single ski had a sold sticker on it and every crate in the back had a deposit on it ... paying full sticker plus all dealership fees !!
The boat my wife and I were looking at is completely sold out and you can be put on a waiting list for only a $1,500 deposit lol It’s insane
Sponsored

Torn891

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Just sold. On the prowl for a 392
same here. Walked out the door for 45k in 2019 for my 2019 JUL Rubi. Dropping it at a dealership tomorrow for 52500. $7500 more than I paid and I drove it 3 summers. (full disclosure it is still listed on here until I get the check!) it is a bit of a unicorn as a 6 spd and only 6300 miles.

starting to just research and order the new 392. It was a 3rd car so no rush at all to overpay

VictorChampion

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
The current market got me back into a Rubicon. Bought a 2020 Lexus GX 460 Premium with 600 miles on it for $50,200 June of 20. Fast forward 11 months and 16,000 miles later and Jeep dealer in Tulsa gave me $52,000 for my Lexus and $2700 off MSRP on my 21 Unlimited Rubicon. Not the biggest discount but I am happy with the deal. Now they have the GX listed for $61,900; MSRP was $58 and some change. It's a crazy market for sure!

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
How will we know if this is just a phase that will level out and people who are buying used cars now will be upside down in 6 months or if this is truly the beginning of inflation long term?

Also, a side note. I agree with others regarding vroom. They are a tech startup and I’m sure they’re willing to lose money like Twitter and Uber to be the biggest/first to the game.

Last edited:

Poordad

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Acura TSX, 2015 Chrysler 300s, 2023 JLUR
I just sold my 2020 Tacoma TRD Off Road 4x4 for 2 grand more than I paid for it. I plan on replacing it with a JLR, but I am going to wait until I see what the 2022's look like and if there is still a chip shortage.

Sponsored

wrc777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
The used prices won’t go back down to what they were. I don’t know that they will stay this high but we lost close to two months of vehicle production last year due to covid shut downs and now we are losing a lot of production the material shortages. We are going to be millions of cars short of what the market needs. That will affect prices long term just like the 2009 shut downs did.

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
Now is the worst time to buy anything ... all these folks with fake free money that has a timeline too it buying stuff they have no responsible business buying ... matched with material shortages its the perfect storm ...
I went to pickup my Waverunner from service and just took a look around ... every single ski had a sold sticker on it and every crate in the back had a deposit on it ... paying full sticker plus all dealership fees !!
The boat my wife and I were looking at is completely sold out and you can be put on a waiting list for only a $1,500 deposit lol It’s insane
I have been camping in the smoky mountains for over 35 years and I've never seen so many brand new camping rigs in my life. It seems like everybody has gone all out on camping gear. Diesel pushers with a brand new Rubicon flat towed behind it. F250 Diesels, pulling 5th wheel toy haulers. All of the campgrounds were completely full even on the weekdays. A lot of jeepers pulling utility trailers with rooftop tents.

I figure that there will be a lot of nice high end late model camping gear on the market in a couple years when people discover that they don't like camping.

I'm still old school and pitch a tent and sleep on the ground, but then I'm debt free.

polestar#143

First Name
augusto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU rubicon (coming soon)
The used prices won’t go back down to what they were. I don’t know that they will stay this high but we lost close to two months of vehicle production last year due to covid shut downs and now we are losing a lot of production the material shortages. We are going to be millions of cars short of what the market needs. That will affect prices long term just like the 2009 shut downs did.
Probably will stay like this until first quarter 2022 (consider that free money will disappear soon) then things will be back to normal, unless manufacturers and/or stealerships try to manufacture another shortage crisis?

wrc777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Probably will stay like this until first quarter 2022 (consider that free money will disappear soon) then things will be back to normal, unless manufacturers and/or stealerships try to manufacture another shortage crisis?
There is and will be a used car shortage for years. I agree the prices won’t stay this high but they are not going back down to where they were 6 months ago unless there is a recession/depression.

csjlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I reposted this from a different thread. It's a chart of used car auction prices through May, relative to history. There are several things that will continue to support used prices in the near term, including constrained OEM production rates, flush US household finances, etc.

But there are a few headwinds emerging: no more federal stimulus checks, ~30 states cutting back on enhanced unemployment benefits, credit card companies seeing shifting expenditure from goods to services, and inflation fears that could cool loan demand a bit. I could be wrong, and I often am, but I'd be surprised if today's used prices hold throughout the rest of the year. 30+ years of trading for a living makes me want to short that trend.

Jeep Wrangler JL Insane Used Jeep pricing. 1623869463809

Sponsored

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty wide gap between offers too:

Jeep Wrangler JL Insane Used Jeep pricing. 2021_06_16_14_16_37_Your_Price_and_5_more_pages_Personal_Microsoft_Edge

2021_06_16_14_19_04_Sell_or_Trade_In_Your_Car_Online_Carvana_and_5_more_pages_Personal_Microso.png

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
There was a $6K delta when I shopped my '19 JLR around.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I reposted this from a different thread. It's a chart of used car auction prices through May, relative to history. There are several things that will continue to support used prices in the near term, including constrained OEM production rates, flush US household finances, etc.

But there are a few headwinds emerging: no more federal stimulus checks, ~30 states cutting back on enhanced unemployment benefits, credit card companies seeing shifting expenditure from goods to services, and inflation fears that could cool loan demand a bit. I could be wrong, and I often am, but I'd be surprised if today's used prices hold throughout the rest of the year. 30+ years of trading for a living makes me want to short that trend.

Jeep Wrangler JL Insane Used Jeep pricing. 2021_06_16_14_19_04_Sell_or_Trade_In_Your_Car_Online_Carvana_and_5_more_pages_Personal_Microso
I also noticed that interest rates on loans are going up too. last month I could get 1.99% at my credit union. This week they're listed at 3.25% for the same term.

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
The inflation will just keep going up. It's not going back to normal. The dollar will continue to lose value as long as it's made worthless by the Fed printing money that isn't backed by anything...
Sponsored