Sponsored

Insane Used Jeep pricing.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
There are exceptions but I'd buy new if I needed a car today. I would pass on a used Wrangler or any other used car now. 100% the safer bet is to buy a NEW Wrangler at a good discount.

Used prices are nuts. Some people will get hurt bad when the car market returns to normal. Anyone buying a used car today will be in deeper water as far as residual value when the market returns to normal. For a JL, figure 30% depreciation in addition to the normal depreciation.

Most new Wranglers "ON THE LOT" might be discounted less today because it's available NOW. Anyone "needing" a vehicle "today" will probably pay closer to MSRP for the convenience. I have actually seen over MSRP.

Different story for someone who can afford to wait for a ordered vehicle. Someone can definitely still get a healthy discount from one of the forum dealers mentioned if they are willing to wait and or travel. 3%-5% under invoice with Affiliate or Tread Lightly should be pretty easy and common. 6%, 7%, 8% under invoice is not as common but very possible . Maybe a little more travel and time. Just weigh your personal time and effort to see if it's worth the return.
Sponsored

BigLew

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevrolet Bolt Premier, 2021 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Retired-Banking-Insurance-Coal Miner-Maintenance...a bit of everything! :)
My brother just sold his Ford Fusion......the original dealer offered over $4K
less than what Carvana offered.....and the offer from Carmax was a tad
over $1K less than Carvana. Carvana was super simple.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Governments are cashing in on it too with increased assessed taxes. Its ridiculous.

used 4runners are listing between $60-70k in my area for the pro trim.

Mikefly562

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU in Granite Crystal Metallic
Back in December 2020, I traded in 2 jeeps in order to get my JLUR. The first jeep was a 2013 Sport S that I bought used in Jan 2018 for $22K with 50,000 miles on it. In December 2020, The dealership gave me $20K for it with 90,000 miles on it. It sold for $24K in 3 days. The 2nd jeep was a 2020 Willy's Sport S on a 39 month lease...11 months into the lease, I was able to cancel it with no cost penalty. I was able to get the 2021 JLUR for $44,800 while the MSRP was about $52,000. Consolidating from 2 vehicles to 1 vehicle has been a nice money saver, as well as it allows me to finally build a workshop in my garage.

Mikefly562

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU in Granite Crystal Metallic
There are exceptions but I'd buy new if I needed a car today. I would pass on a used Wrangler or any other used car now. 100% the safer bet is to buy a NEW Wrangler at a good discount.

Used prices are nuts. Some people will get hurt bad when the car market returns to normal. Anyone buying a used car today will be in deeper water as far as residual value when the market returns to normal. For a JL, figure 30% depreciation in addition to the normal depreciation.

Most new Wranglers "ON THE LOT" might be discounted less today because it's available NOW. Anyone "needing" a vehicle "today" will probably pay closer to MSRP for the convenience. I have actually seen over MSRP.

Different story for someone who can afford to wait for a ordered vehicle. Someone can definitely still get a healthy discount from one of the forum dealers mentioned if they are willing to wait and or travel. 3%-5% under invoice with Affiliate or Tread Lightly should be pretty easy and common. 6%, 7%, 8% under invoice is not as common but very possible . Maybe a little more travel and time. Just weigh your personal time and effort to see if it's worth the return.
The HUGE advantage in buying new is that you'll know the vehicle's history from the ground up...with used vehicles, you just never know if the vehicle was abused or not, or if it was carefully maintained or not. By buying new...you are in complete and total control from everything from proper engine break in, to oil/fluid changes, etc. In my opinion, its totally worth the depreciation at first with a new vehicle, knowing that you are in complete in total control of caring for the vehicle.

Sponsored

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
Indeed, used Wrangler prices are insane. I paid $53k new for my Rubicon JLUR in 2019 and just sold it to Vroom for $51K. They have it listed on their site for $55,499. They gave me a much better price than the dealership. The dealership wanted to steal the trade by offering $44k.

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Anyone looking to sell their Jeep, I HIGHLY recommend Vroom. I sold my 2018 Sahara in April to Vroom and the process was seamless. No issues and I got a check from them two days after they picked it up. I originally paid $45k for it, had 19,600 miles on it and they paid me $40,200. I'm sure you would do even better now. Super great process.

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone looking to sell their Jeep, I HIGHLY recommend Vroom. I sold my 2018 Sahara in April to Vroom and the process was seamless. No issues and I got a check from them two days after they picked it up. I originally paid $45k for it, had 19,600 miles on it and they paid me $40,200. I'm sure you would do even better now. Super great process.
Did the same just a few days ago.

ferrellmc

First Name
Ferrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
So I‘m spending my lazy Sunday just looking over my local Jeep dealer’s website and I find this used 2020 Rubicon Unlimited with 23505 miles on it. The asking price is $54694.

Here it is: https://www.prestigechryslerdodge.c...ubicon-4wd-4d-sport-utility-1c4hjxfn1lw261716

It seems rather high so I took the VIN and looked up the sticker. It was only $47970. HOLY MOLEY we’re looking at markup of $6724 FOR A USED RUBICON! 😲😲😲

https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin= 1C4HJXFN1LW261716&_ga=2.225701914.1615457357.1623594390-1333977137.1623594390
Is there a good site to list my Jeep Wrangler UnLtd Sahara to sell retail?

CO JL Rubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2D Rubicon, 2018 JKU Rubicon
I just sold my 2020 Rubi back to the dealer and picked up a 2021 Rubi they had on the lot. It's like I didn't pay for it last year with the deal they gave me. I think all in I spend $700 total last year owning it....its a crazy market.

Sponsored

ferrellmc

First Name
Ferrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I just sold my 2020 Rubi back to the dealer and picked up a 2021 Rubi they had on the lot. It's like I didn't pay for it last year with the deal they gave me. I think all in I spend $700 total last year owning it....its a crazy market.
I'm not getting great offers. Mine is 2018, Wrangler Sahara, 28K mi, loaded, MSRP 51,500 getting a vroom offer for 42,000. PS, your carbon bike looks sweet.

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not getting great offers. Mine is 2018, Wrangler Sahara, 28K mi, loaded, MSRP 51,500 getting a vroom offer for 42,000. PS, your carbon bike looks sweet.
Keep checking back with Vroom, Carvana, and Carmax. Every week the price would change for me and I finally jumped on their offer for 51k.

TheRealTVGuy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.MyVillageRadio.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Is there a good site to list my Jeep Wrangler UnLtd Sahara to sell retail?
I just used Facebook Marketplace to sell my 2018 JLU Sport S. Within hours I had eight offers and sold it for ASKING price. The guy came the next morning with Cash in Hand.

malogus

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
I also sold to vroom (well they still need to pick up...), for what I paid 3 years and 22k miles ago. Replaced it with a fully loaded 2021 Telluride that I got used (with 700 miles). Paid MSRP on the Telluride, but that was a steal considering most dealers were 6-10k above MSRP, and I didn't pay tax on a private party transaction. And they guy had already ceramic coated, tinted, and added weathertec mats.

The only way it makes sense is if you are able to capitalize on the used car markup without having to also pay that same markup on the replacement vehicle.

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
This is why I went ahead and ordered JL #2. I could order a new $58k MSRP for sure what $50k or get 2020 for $52k. Easy choice. Plus with these prices Carmax is giving me $12k over what I owe on my F150. Putting g it down on ordered JL.
Sponsored