• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Texas Insane Audio or Stinger

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Its a tough decision

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
I have the Insane Audio and like it. No regrets.
Yeah that's the way I'm going to go. There is just more options and the video support is the way to go.

Mendacity

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport
I have the Insane Audio and like it. No regrets.
Can I ask how you use it mostly? I like the idea of plugging my phone in to charge and having android audio connect but the sound becomes muffled and just terrible. I'm going to Hotspot tonight and run waze and pandora or Bluetooth audio off the head.
Is that typically how people run their units? Off Hotspot? And do you ever have issues with crashing unit? Mine was crashing randomly and I was told by insane to turn off auto updates in playstore (which I have) I just haven't taken the jeep out to see if it is now stable.

Sponsored

Mendacity

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport
Thinking I may have finally figured out what the trouble is. The remote wire doesn't seem to be sending a signal when I use the head apps or the android/carplay.
Apparently there is a setting under canbus in Factory settings where I have to turn it on. I just love paying lots of money for things and getting no instructions other than tiny little videos all over the place online.
Hoping to check it tonight when I get home from work if wife can't do it before then.

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Yeah for as sexy as they are with the HD video and options the documentation needs a ton of work.

They could solve it by doing more videos on YouTube. Oh and everyone is telling me that logo on the front needs to be able to have the back light turned off option rather than using electrical tape over it.

Mendacity

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport
Yeah for as sexy as they are with the HD video and options the documentation needs a ton of work.

They could solve it by doing more videos on YouTube. Oh and everyone is telling me that logo on the front needs to be able to have the back light turned off option rather than using electrical tape over it.
It's honestly a bit funny you saying the documentation needs work. I got one teeny tiny card showing the back of the unit.
I'm an electrician by trade and am used to things having prints or schematics. I have installed radios before in cars and amplifiers and all kinds of different things. Everything has always come with instructions but this did not. I don't know if possibly it had been returned and then sold as new at some point from extreme terrain and some documentation was left out.
But I have nothing at all. And in my experience the remote wire that I tied in with my preamp remote wire should be active when there's a signal. They have it defaulted to off in the canbus settings under factory settings. I didn't want to go mucking about in there and come to find out that's where it is buried.

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Yeah it's crazy I like to read and re-read the instructions a few times before ever busting open the project. I'm pretty good but when ya spend $1000 on a head unit show me some love and tell me WTH your wanting me to do for the install.

The videos on their Youtube page are like 2-5 years old, so that's a little unnerving also. And one of them is what I assume is an owner telling how he and his girlfriend like where they moved to to make stereos?

Mendacity

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport
As I was fiddling around again today I found a video of something I missed. The Aux jack has 2 male/female rca plugs that I'm pretty sure I didn't mate. I had just assumed they were literally for an aux input, not THE 3.5mm aux in jack on the dash. So I will fix it obviously but I'm annoyed with the lack of paper instructions. The instructions for the MB Quart speakers/amps I put in were phenomenal. I printed them out and highlighted and made notations. As I took screws out I wrapped em in masking tape and left a tag so I could write what page they were from. Everything taken off got put back and no spare parts. I printed out like 80 pages in color total for this and was worth it.

Sponsored

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
As I was fiddling around again today I found a video of something I missed. The Aux jack has 2 male/female rca plugs that I'm pretty sure I didn't mate. I had just assumed they were literally for an aux input, not THE 3.5mm aux in jack on the dash. So I will fix it obviously but I'm annoyed with the lack of paper instructions. The instructions for the MB Quart speakers/amps I put in were phenomenal. I printed them out and highlighted and made notations. As I took screws out I wrapped em in masking tape and left a tag so I could write what page they were from. Everything taken off got put back and no spare parts. I printed out like 80 pages in color total for this and was worth it.
Sounds just like I would do!! Nice job Jim

Mendacity

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport
Sounds just like I would do!! Nice job Jim
Finally awesome sound. It was that canbus setting in Factory settings where amplifier is defaulted to off. I'm guessing that they do that in case the little cap they use comes off there isn't a 12v+ hanging loose.
So now all of my audio sounds awesome and is loud when I need it to be (doors and top off).
I am super happy with this head now. Anyone in the future needs a hands can give me a shout.

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Finally awesome sound. It was that canbus setting in Factory settings where amplifier is defaulted to off. I'm guessing that they do that in case the little cap they use comes off there isn't a 12v+ hanging loose.
So now all of my audio sounds awesome and is loud when I need it to be (doors and top off).
I am super happy with this head now. Anyone in the future needs a hands can give me a shout.
AWESOME!!! I'm very glad you got it figured out. Now I need to go back and copy all the install instructions you laid out so I stay away from the pitfalls!

Thanks Jim!

Mendacity

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport
AWESOME!!! I'm very glad you got it figured out. Now I need to go back and copy all the install instructions you laid out so I stay away from the pitfalls!

Thanks Jim!
I thought you said you had it in already and it was draining your battery?

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
I thought you said you had it in already and it was draining your battery?
Oh no, sorry. I have a Seicane 10" headunit with Android auto in my 2011 JK and that's whats happening. My new JL 392 XR is due in shortly and I'm changing out the head unit to the insane day one that I own it.
Sponsored