Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Damn that sucks! Yeah I'm so entertwined with Apple music, spotify and podcasting thats going to be a tough hurtle to jump
Sponsored

Mendacity

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport
Damn that sucks! Yeah I'm so entertwined with Apple music, spotify and podcasting thats going to be a tough hurtle to jump
When my wife plugged her iPhone in last night the sound was louder than mine but when turned up it started to get really warped and kind of fuzzy. When you turn it up with Bluetooth it is still perfect at loud volumes.
My best guess is that it is just android carplay. Was talking to a coworker who has a scat pack 2021 challenger and he said when he plugs his phone in it does the same muting to the volume.

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
I was seriously looking at the Heigh10 but the lack of running apps on it is a major loss on their part. Being able to run Eq apps, Video playing apps, and pre-amp apps is a big thing for me. In my opinion the Heigh10 looks classier but the apps on the Insane Audio make it more appealing to me. What are the pitfalls on the Insane that I should take into consideration?

So as for storage on it, I know you can do a SD card up to 512gb so do you need the added storage for the $99 that they show on the website as an option? And are their any other options I should look at ordering.

Thanks in advance guys
Is there something that aftermarket eq and pre-amp (and I guess video player) apps do that the built-in Height10 apps don’t?

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Is there something that aftermarket eq and pre-amp (and I guess video player) apps do that the built-in Height10 apps don’t?
From what I'm told you can't install any apps from the play store or appstore on the Height10.

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
From what I'm told you can't install any apps from the play store or appstore on the Height10.
That is correct, at least not officially. But what is there to gain exactly with these aftermarket apps? I find the built-in EQ and crossover to be pretty good. Wondering what I’m missing now.

Sponsored

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
I like to have videos on board, concerts, movies and stuff. So when I get stuck somewhere waiting on someone I have plenty to do. Also I like having my email there, Netflix, Spotify, Power Amp app is amazing and there is another that escapes me at the moment.

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
I like to have videos on board, concerts, movies and stuff. So when I get stuck somewhere waiting on someone I have plenty to do. Also I like having my email there, Netflix, Spotify, Power Amp app is amazing and there is another that escapes me at the moment.
There is a built in video player for local files but the unit has no Internet connectivity (nor WiFi) so I don’t think Netflix or Spotify would do much good. I did stumble across built-in USB WiFi support (Realtek), but it’s definitely something only for advanced users. I don’t find I use much of anything else anymore besides CarPlay (or android auto). Negates the need for (for me) to bother with native apps on the HU.

Pfitter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Is there a way to turn the head unit off without the factory volume/power knob on dash.

Av8Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Sorry for the lame question, but can you customize the splash screen? Also, does the Insane Audio require a seperate Sirius XM receiver or is that a seperate device that is plugged into the stock head unit and gets plugged into the Insane Audio?

Are there more people having difficulty using iPhones with this?

Sponsored

basinite

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys (2 door)
Bad News: My JL3001 crapped out on me.

Good News: They sent me a brand spaken new one (I think I had about 1 week left on my warranty).

Overall I was very happy with their customer service.

B54C8041-3BF1-4D72-8460-5490C59E46EB.jpeg

Bullwinkle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
I use amazon prime music and there have been a couple of times (maybe 4 or 5, out of the hundreds of times I've used the radio) when it did this. The volume did not drop 3 times, only once and then back to normal. Only lasted for maybe 1 or 2 seconds at the most. Its so infrequent I've never really paid any attention to it, but after reading your question, I do remember mine doing something similar to this on rare occasions.

Is yours doing it every time? If so, I'm not sure how you could fix this. Reboot the unit? Uninstall and reinstall the apps? That sucks they can't help you out.

My complaint with the Unit is it doesn't like my Iphone. I have to toggle the Personal Wifi Hotspot on my phone each and everytime I start the Jeep. After doing this it connects rather quickly, its just annoying to have to do this each and everytime.

When I talk to Insane about it, they just blame "Iphone" and claim Iphone's are designed to drop this service when not in use and etc. Could be true, but I always suspect they are blowing smoke out of their ass when they give me this response.
is it "automatic volume", or whatever the p[roper name is, so you don't blast your ears off when stopped?...just a thought

mwahl

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
totalled 2012 JKUR; new to me 2018 JLUR
Just a heads up for anyone else that reads through this thread... I can confirm the iPhone issue IS indeed the iphone. This is an issue I've had with every android headunit that I've used. There is nothing insane audio or any other vendors can do about it. You WILL have this issue with any device you want to hotspot from iPhone. It isn't that big of a deal, but you will have to toggle your hotspot off and on again to get it to broadcast and allow devices to connect if there is a gap in connection. It is like the hotspot goes to sleep when not in use.
Sponsored