Insane Audio JL3001 Jeep Head Unit Review

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Damn that sucks! Yeah I'm so entertwined with Apple music, spotify and podcasting thats going to be a tough hurtle to jump
Advertisement

Mendacity

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport
Damn that sucks! Yeah I'm so entertwined with Apple music, spotify and podcasting thats going to be a tough hurtle to jump
When my wife plugged her iPhone in last night the sound was louder than mine but when turned up it started to get really warped and kind of fuzzy. When you turn it up with Bluetooth it is still perfect at loud volumes.
My best guess is that it is just android carplay. Was talking to a coworker who has a scat pack 2021 challenger and he said when he plugs his phone in it does the same muting to the volume.

beaups

First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
I was seriously looking at the Heigh10 but the lack of running apps on it is a major loss on their part. Being able to run Eq apps, Video playing apps, and pre-amp apps is a big thing for me. In my opinion the Heigh10 looks classier but the apps on the Insane Audio make it more appealing to me. What are the pitfalls on the Insane that I should take into consideration?

So as for storage on it, I know you can do a SD card up to 512gb so do you need the added storage for the $99 that they show on the website as an option? And are their any other options I should look at ordering.

Thanks in advance guys
Is there something that aftermarket eq and pre-amp (and I guess video player) apps do that the built-in Height10 apps don’t?

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there something that aftermarket eq and pre-amp (and I guess video player) apps do that the built-in Height10 apps don’t?
From what I'm told you can't install any apps from the play store or appstore on the Height10.

beaups

First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
From what I'm told you can't install any apps from the play store or appstore on the Height10.
That is correct, at least not officially. But what is there to gain exactly with these aftermarket apps? I find the built-in EQ and crossover to be pretty good. Wondering what I’m missing now.

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to have videos on board, concerts, movies and stuff. So when I get stuck somewhere waiting on someone I have plenty to do. Also I like having my email there, Netflix, Spotify, Power Amp app is amazing and there is another that escapes me at the moment.

beaups

First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
I like to have videos on board, concerts, movies and stuff. So when I get stuck somewhere waiting on someone I have plenty to do. Also I like having my email there, Netflix, Spotify, Power Amp app is amazing and there is another that escapes me at the moment.
There is a built in video player for local files but the unit has no Internet connectivity (nor WiFi) so I don’t think Netflix or Spotify would do much good. I did stumble across built-in USB WiFi support (Realtek), but it’s definitely something only for advanced users. I don’t find I use much of anything else anymore besides CarPlay (or android auto). Negates the need for (for me) to bother with native apps on the HU.

Pfitter

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Is there a way to turn the head unit off without the factory volume/power knob on dash.

Av8Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Sorry for the lame question, but can you customize the splash screen? Also, does the Insane Audio require a seperate Sirius XM receiver or is that a seperate device that is plugged into the stock head unit and gets plugged into the Insane Audio?

Are there more people having difficulty using iPhones with this?

Advertisement

Hothead Headliners

Advertisement