Sponsored

Input on JLU Mopar 2" lift kit w/ Fox Shocks?

xtopherm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HellaYella 2019 JLUR
Thanks for the info and review! Any leads on the $1,100 kits? The best I’ve found is $1,240.
May have been a sale. I got mine from ExtremeTerrain for $1,119.30. Also, quick update on my original note you were quoting: the trackbar relocation brackets turned out to be unnecessary - in fact they were a major step backwards in terms of handling. They are necessary without a doubt on lifts above about 4 inches, but they are really not an improvement with the MOPAR lift.
Sponsored

eferrell

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab
May have been a sale. I got mine from ExtremeTerrain for $1,119.30. Also, quick update on my original note you were quoting: the trackbar relocation brackets turned out to be unnecessary - in fact they were a major step backwards in terms of handling. They are necessary without a doubt on lifts above about 4 inches, but they are really not an improvement with the MOPAR lift.
Great input. I just recently had the MOPAR lift installed with 35" tires with 1.75" spacer and also noticing a slight "squiggle" and sway at times but not sure if this is normal as the center of gravity has been raised. Did you ever do any mods to get body squiggle feeling out?

TrewJL

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
CEO
Made 3” on mine. Rear tracks within an 1/8”. Front is off more than an inch. Yeti adjustable track bar on its way.

I have 35” with -12 beast wheels. With that aggressive offset I’m not wanting 37”s with this lift.
I just did this last week and it's a much needed improvement. Changes the entire steering, you'll love it. I just bought the 3.5 RK X factor and will be installing this weekend so my Mopar Kit will be available for sale if anyone is looking. The Mopar on 35 / 315 has a great stance and look.
Thanks

TCogs1

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cj6
I bought my mopar lift and had it installed about a month after my JL delivery.. I have run several tough trails (i.e. Rubicon, Coyote etc..) with the lift and 37" Maxxis Creepy Crawlers.. rubbing in the rear was not too bad while fully flexed.. But I did not like the amount of loss lift when fully loaded (with a M416 utility trailer, 5 people, gear for a week), so added Airbags in the rear and was the hot ticket.. helps keep the highway high speed in the soft part of the suspension, I am pretty sure the Mopar springs have multiple rates. So it allows me to adjust to conditions I am running in and it helps keep the belly off the rocks.. Keep the light from blinding people...super smooth on the highway well worth a 100 bucks for the bags.

I wish it was 12-14" travel vs 10".. but it performs well.. no winching required on any of the Rubicon obstacles..

All in all.. pretty happy with its performance. No issues.. I had death wobble at 4k and 12k, both times dealer replaced the steering stabilizer and this last unit is a different part number and noticeability stiffer.. works well, no issues..

For me the "if" was to anything more.. I would go 40's and replace everything like the folks in Litebrite did … But 40-60K bill keeps me satisfied with where I am now.. besides... I really don't want to lose my warranty..

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...rm=VDSHOT&shth=OSH.jhHPBOytxvxW%2FyGQQPF%2Fwg

Hope that helps..

TC

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
I added a 1-month old used Mopar lift for $800 and couldn't be happier. It was the newer kit with the newer spring perches so minimal bowing. The JLUR had some drifting at highway speed, but the combo of the 2" lift plus 35" KO2 properly inflated really straightened out the steering. I likely read every Mopar lift thread on here after buying it used but before taking ownership of my factory build during my waiting period. I was very nervous reading all the replies, but now I couldn't be happier.

On my JKU, I had the Metalcloak Rocksport 2.5" lift with Fox 2.0 shocks. Thought it was good. But it rocked forward and back a little at each stop and it creaked, squeeked, and popped a bit after going over hard bumps. The Mopar lift does none of this (may be the lift or the different JLU geometry or both).

Very happy.
IMG_20190811_163412.jpg
Sponsored