Inner Fender Removal

SilverRubi

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I'm newer to the forum and just got my first Wrangler Rubicon 2 weeks ago. I plan on doing a lift and 37s down the road but for now I'm just wanting to do 315/70/17 with or without spacers on stock wheels. I was wondering if removing the inner fender liners and using American Adventure Labs inner fender and light bracket would give me enough clearance at full articulation? I see a lot of guys running them with inner fenders and some say they rub and some don't. In the future I plan on doing the Metalcloak gamechanger but wanted to stick with a 2.5" lift and get as much flex as possible with 37s. So again would the inner fender mod help much with that?

Thanks in advance
Sponsored

drewhenderson13

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Factory maintenance tech
The inner fender will help a lot. I have read from many sources that if you get the wheel offset correct you can run 37’s with no lift and trimmed fenders with full articulation and steering lock to lock. Stock bumps stops too The place that people do have some rubbing is in the back bottom corner of the body inside the wheel well. They say it’s not even bad enough to cut the tires and you could too ably fix that with a grinder or hammer.

OP
OP
SilverRubi

SilverRubi

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
The inner fender will help a lot. I have read from many sources that if you get the wheel offset correct you can run 37’s with no lift and trimmed fenders with full articulation and steering lock to lock. Stock bumps stops too The place that people do have some rubbing is in the back bottom corner of the body inside the wheel well. They say it’s not even bad enough to cut the tires and you could too ably fix that with a grinder or hammer.
Good deal. I was planning on doing the lift right away but we have a little one coming next month so I figured I'd do skids 35s and the fender mods for now. Probably won't be doing any big wheeling trips for at least a year and 35s should be good enough around here.

drewhenderson13

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Factory maintenance tech
I already trimmed my fenders but have the stick 33’s. They look tiny now. I probably won’t get new tires until next year but I can’t decide between 35’s and 37’s. I do not intend to ever lift mine.

Blaketn1

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUT
@SilverRubi this is the American Adventure Labs inner delete with 35s and a 2.5 inch lift. I’m about to do 38s this weekend.

495C4A5D-2196-43A7-9632-B9D32FE1F15D.jpeg
Sponsored