Inner Fender and Remote Reservoir

engineXI

First Name
jank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
Installing some remote reservoir shocks tonight. Wondering how others have handled the inner fender lining. Do you trim it, remove it completely, etc?
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
...and a picture for the looky-loos
Jeep Wrangler JL Inner Fender and Remote Reservoir 6655229
I have aftermarket liners but I still trimmed some to keep from rubbing on resi hose. Also if you rotate the resi towards the frame it will help hold the hose out of harms way. Try to get it on the back side of the coil housing……..

Jeep Wrangler JL Inner Fender and Remote Reservoir 51F12265-F601-424B-890B-E4D94DDD0EF2
Jeep Wrangler JL Inner Fender and Remote Reservoir D47D1D73-8F75-489F-AF19-86BF5A1A0A65

OP
OP
engineXI

engineXI

First Name
jank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
Thanks again for another great reply.
Is that your rig? If so, I was wondering about the positioning of the reservoir bracket. I think I put it in the wrong direction, but it seemed to fit well.

One position makes it a shorter distance but it seemed to push on the tubing too much and that's why I put it the other way. The Fox instructions specify to make it shorter (with the bulk of the bracket facing towards the wheel).

Which way did you install it?

I have aftermarket liners but I still trimmed some to keep from rubbing on resi hose. Also if you rotate the resi towards the frame it will help hold the hose out of harms way. Try to get it on the back side of the coil housing……..

Jeep Wrangler JL Inner Fender and Remote Reservoir D47D1D73-8F75-489F-AF19-86BF5A1A0A65

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks again for another great reply.
Is that your rig? If so, I was wondering about the positioning of the reservoir bracket. I think I put it in the wrong direction, but it seemed to fit well.

One position makes it a shorter distance but it seemed to push on the tubing too much and that's why I put it the other way. The Fox instructions specify to make it shorter (with the bulk of the bracket facing towards the wheel).

Which way did you install it?
It looks like you have the bracket right, I’m just saying to loosen the two clamps and spin the resi a little towards the frame to help the hose snug up to frame rail a little more. This is mainly to keep it out of the way when stuffing the wheel. Here’s a better pic….
Jeep Wrangler JL Inner Fender and Remote Reservoir EE617ECF-4AA4-4C2A-A206-81676DBB62F6

Sponsored

OP
OP
engineXI

engineXI

First Name
jank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
perfect. I understood your previous comment as well and already adjusted. thx.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
perfect. I understood your previous comment as well and already adjusted. thx.
Post up a pic of your rig when you get her done, like to see it…….

Last edited:

AccuTunedJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Jeep Wrangler JL Inner Fender and Remote Reservoir Jeep-JL-2.5-DSC-Shocks-installed_03
Sponsored