First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
fullsizeoutput_1459.jpeg
Dealership/Deal experience

We ordered our JL Aug. 29th, 2018 from Kent Shurtluff at Petersons CDJR in Nampa, ID. Kent is great to deal with. If you're looking to buy and save then look no further.

We ordered the 2DR JLR 3.6L with a manual and all available options. We deleted leather group and a painted roof. Quoted MSRP minus 14% plus doc fees of $299. So we saved about $7,200 vs. buying locally.

The wait was painful but Christmas came early and we were told we could come pick her up on 10/26/18. We flew to Boise and Kent was waitng at the airport to pick us up.

Arrived at dealership and met with Jeremie in finance and everything was ready to go. The deal price didn’t change and no pressure to buy any extras. Sign and drive. What a pleasure! We then set out for Yellowstone the next day and off to the Grand Tetons and Jackson Hole, Wy.

Mileage improved from when we started out. At first it was registering 13.9 MPG. I’m thinking, well it’s a Rubicon so 4.10 gearing at 80MPH, that’s what’cha gonna get. I only averaged about 15MPG in my 2013 JKUR and 2000 TJ Sport on the hwy so, factoring the better everything on our JLR, that’s an easy sacrifice to live with. Well, as we put the miles on, the MPG climbed higher too. We finished the 1,000 mile trek back to Colorado Springs with 20.9 MPG avg. This included long stretches at 85+ MPH fighting cross winds of 45 MPH.

Breaking in the 3.6L was pretty simple since the drive consisted of mostly highway back to Colorado. I know this will be disappointing to the “what’s wrong with it” crowd but not a single issue popped up. It just ran like a new vehicle should. No squeaks, rattles or weirdness. Solid with a very comfortable ride. Seats are awesome! BTW, sums up my Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep ownership experience for nearly 40 years. Seriously, I've owned lots and rarely have had many issues. Even through the dark times of the 70's and 80's.

We are looking forward to getting her off road soon and will update the thread as we go. So far our new JLR is light years ahead of where our JKUR had been before and a quantum leap above our TJ.
Sponsored

Highonlyfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2011 JKU
Sounds like a fun drive back home.

Thanks for the write up and enjoy the new jlr:rock:

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Were you on some TFL video on YouTube about dude I love or hate my new car?

If so, that video is what inspired me to get a 2-door Rubicon in Ocean Blue!

OP
OP
Sorbs

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
Were you on some TFL video on YouTube about dude I love or hate my new car?

If so, that video is what inspired me to get a 2-door Rubicon in Ocean Blue!
That’s me! Glad to be of help.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
That’s me! Glad to be of help.
Awesome!! :rock:

What’s absolutely bizarre though is that my wife wasn’t a huge fan of the color... I can’t understand why. Clearly she doesn’t have the refined taste of your lovely wife!

Dave91gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 1998 TJ Sahara 4” Zone lift
Great review. Saw your story on TFL.
Wife has a new to us 18 JLU Sahara to go alongside her 98 TJ.
The JLU now has a Mopar lift and 315’s. It is suffering from the steering issues well documented on here. It is also having random radio issues. Otherwise, it is a great driver. Returning 17mpg (corrected speedo with Tazer JL). The dealer has already ordered the Trackbar simply based on me texting the technician. I have an appt. next week.
Love the ocean blue color.
Sponsored