Infotainment HVAC kit worth it?

Shotgecko

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door sport
Background: I have a JL sport and recently upgraded the head unit to the Insane Audio kit. My only gripe is the volume controls being limited to steering wheel controls or a very "you're going to get into an accident messing with this" on screen volume slider. I've been thinking about upgrading the climate control unit to get the volume knob back but am afraid of losing the AC / Heat functionality.

Question: I already have a tazer JL mini. Do I need to buy a whole kit to get the most out of the HVAC system or can I just buy the cluster and use the tazer to enable it?

Link to kit
Sponsored

Davaug79@

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Background: I have a JL sport and recently upgraded the head unit to the Insane Audio kit. My only gripe is the volume controls being limited to steering wheel controls or a very "you're going to get into an accident messing with this" on screen volume slider. I've been thinking about upgrading the climate control unit to get the volume knob back but am afraid of losing the AC / Heat functionality.

Question: I already have a tazer JL mini. Do I need to buy a whole kit to get the most out of the HVAC system or can I just buy the cluster and use the tazer to enable it?

Link to kit
I just bought the Tazer Mini and activated dual on the climate control and my climate control started working. the module was dead before that.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
If you have the tazer, you can activate it using the tazer but you still need two additional things; the sun sensor and the cabin temperature sensor, if you want full functionality of the auto hvac system.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

For anyone upgrading the HVAC controls, you won’t get true dual zone functionality as that requires physical differences within the vehicle.

The climate must be adjusted using the driver's side controls only. It is recommended to utilize the "SYNC" button so the driver's side temperature and passenger's side temperature are the same.
Sponsored