Sponsored

Infotainment 8.4 upgrade vs Heigh10?

WindyCityWilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
My Willy's has the 7" screen and I knew I would be upgrading it when I bought the Jeep. I started with the Insane Audio unit but decided against it. I like the Heigh10 unit but I worry it's going to look too big in my dash. I can get a Infotainment 8.4 for about the same price as the Heigh10.

I just finished up a 3,000 mile road trip in my Grand Cherokee and I really like the 8.4 unit in there. The Sirius TravelLink weather map came in handy several times and I like the "factory look".

Anybody go with either unit and have any regrets one way or the other? If you had to do it again would you stay with your initial choice?
Sponsored

Scarabmike

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I went with the Heigh10 and regret it because I lost some features like programming the aux switches, compass on the dash, and the ability to have the front dash usb's to have carplay.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Anybody go with either unit and have any regrets one way or the other?
I had the 7" and upgraded to the 8.4". My wife has a slightly older 8.4" radio in her Grand Cherokee and I've always really liked it. I didn't want to mess with any integrations for aftermarket radios and lose any OEM features.

If you had to do it again would you stay with your initial choice?
100%.
Sponsored